lumos!

potions, breath-mints and magic rings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Why are you stirring the potion with your wand? " The Ravenclaw asked, clearly amused by his potions partner's actions. " Are we not suppose to? " The confused redhead mumbled, peering into his cauldron only to realise that the potion he had been brewing still remained the same murky green shade. Chuckling, Jinyoung pulled out his own wand whilst the Slytherin shoved his back into his pocket. He waved the wand above the cauldron, just by the brim and recited the spell printed in the Potion's book. To the other's amazement, the liquid was no longer in the same dull color but instead, it had turned into a hypnotizing lilac shade. " I must've missed a step. " Mark muttered, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. " You think? " The Ravenclaw deadpanned while his potions partner shot him a playful grin. Jinyoung had to look away from the Slytherin before he could blurt out nonsense like how pretty he looked when he smiled and only Merlin knows how much the Ravenclaw had to prevent himself from doing so every time he had potions with the redhead.

" You look a little pink, are you ill? " The Slytherin questioned worriedly, only to be replied with loud, awkward laughter. " I'm fine. " His short answer caused the redhead to shrug and look away, packing up his things just seconds before they had been dismissed from class. " Let's meet up tomorrow in the library to finish our potions assignment, yeah? " Mark grinned, patting the other by the shoulders before he hurried out of the class to join his friends while Jinyoung shook his head in amusement and began shoving his books into his satchel. 

 

The Ravenclaw smiled at the sight of Mark snoring softly behind the stacks of books. The redhead must've fallen asleep after he had finished his part of the assignment whilst Jinyoung was too immersed in his to notice until he was done. He had always thought that the Slytherin boy had been a little tad bit too cute to be in the house of serpents. That was until, they had Charms together for the first time in their 3rd year and he nearly blew Jinyoung's head off. Chuckling at the memory, he hadn't notice that the sleeping boy had woken. " Were you watching me sleep? " The Slytherin mumbled, fluttering his eyes open and lifting his head off the library table. Embarrassed to be caught, the Ravenclaw scoffed and looked away. " Please, you were snoring so loudly, you nearly scared off all the students who assumed there was a beast in the library. " He muttered behind his book and peering over it, only to notice Mark plopping a candy-like substance into his mouth. 

" What is that? " He asked, squinting his eyes accusingly at the redhead. Picking up the small metal container, Mark held it in his palm and raised an eyebrow. " This? Breath-mints. It's a muggle thing. " He yawned, nearly dropping it in the process. " And what exactly does it do? " Jinyoung questioned curiously. Muggle objects had always perked his interests. The question had caused Mark to enter the state of silence before he averted his gaze hesitantly toward the clueless male, who was watching him expectantly. " This. " The Slytherin muttered, leaning over the stack of books between the two and held onto the Ravenclaw's tie, tugging the surprised boy toward him and locking their lips together. Pulling away, the redhead placed the metal container of breath-mints onto the table before shrugging his rucksack onto his shoulder. " Keep it, I have loads more. " With that, he flashed the Ravenclaw a grin and left.

 

" How did you like the breath-mints? " Mark asked as he slipped into the empty seat beside the Ravenclaw. Surprised by the sudden appearance, Jinyoung yelped and nearly fell off the bench. He coughed awkwardly and adjusted his tie, before eyeing the other with a knowing gaze. " Well, it was pleasant after learning what the actual use for the breath-mints was. " Laughing, the redhead smiled sheepishly at him and shrugged playfully.  " You're not mad at me, are you? " The Slytherin asked, a wide grin stretched across his face and his eyes crinkling slightly. Remembering the incident, Jinyoung could only hide the blush crawling up his cheeks before mumbling a barely audible, " No, not at all. " His reply caused the other's grin to widen ever so slightly. " Great! Would you like to join me then? On the trip to Hogsmeade. My dad opened a new shop recently and I haven't gotten a chance to visit him yet. "

Jinyoung blinked at his potions partner, an unreadable expression scrawled across his face. " Me? You're asking me? " He repeated to reconfirm his hearing.  " Who else, Jinyoung? " The redhead laughed and the Ravenclaw could only do so much to prevent himself from swooning when his name slipped off the Slytherin's tongue. " I would like that. " He replied, smiling softly. " I'd show you something from the shop but I don't really have anything with me now. Oh, let me show you my tattoo! " Mark exclaimed, rolling up his sleeve and stretching his arm out.

Spiraling up from the tip of his elbow to the corner of his wrist were birds, flying across his arm in a coiling manner, everything printed in dark black ink. The birds moved but made no sound and Jinyoung watched in amazement. " This is crazy brilliant, Mark. Is this permanent? " Grinning, the redhead nodded in reply to the other's question. " It's permanent but an antidote had been made to remove the tattoo and even a potion to allow it to disappear for a few hours during emergency situations. " Still amazed, Jinyoung had reached out to touch his potions partner's arm, his finger brushing against the Slytherin's inked skin. " Wicked. " He muttered, " I'd like one too. " Chuckling, Mark's eyes glinted under the light, a hint of mischief sparkling in his dark brown orbs and he suggested, " We could get you one in my dad's shop and in return, you'd have to give me a kiss. " But before the Ravenclaw could answer him, the redhead shook his head and laughed, " Only joking. " How Jinyoung wished he wasn't, he'd gladly give him the kiss or perhaps, even two. 

 

It was past curfew when Mark walked quietly into the dark hallways. He slipped from corridor to corridor, so swiftly that none of the pictures he passed had been jolted awake. It was only when he was nearing the Slytherin common room, he felt a presence close by. Expertly, he pulled out his wand and spun around, pointing it upwards. " Lumos! " His sight was met with Jinyoung, in the same stance and both wands giving out light. " Mark. " The Ravenclaw muttered softly, lowering his wand in the process. The Slytherin felt himself crumbling at the sound of his name escaping from the other's lips. " Bloody hell. " He let out a shaky breath, shoving his wand back into his pocket whilst watching as Jinyoung did the same. " What are you doing here? " The redhead questioned, running a hand through his hair. 

" I'm looking for my cat, he must have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter