FINAL

Lonely
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Not my best work I must say.. But I hope it hurts.. There are times where I actually hope Jiyeonnie reads my angst one-shots, maybe then she'll show more love to Hyominnie~

Not edited. Enjoy~

 

Author's POV

Hyomin got up of her bed when it was time and rushed to get herself ready. The sky outside was dark but she had to be ready to leave for the airport for the 8:30 AM flight. 

The girl hasn't slept a wink the night before. In fact, Hyomin had not been sleeping well for sometime. But it was different yesterday, she couldn't sleep because she was excited for this trip to Thailand, the land of smiles. It had been so long since her last schedule together with Jiyeon alone. It isn't like Hyomin didn't like doing schedules with the other members, don't get her wrong. But this time it's with Jiyeon, the group's little dinosaur, the girl whom Hyomin unconsciously fell in love with for the past 6 years. 

Hyomin smiled to herself as she stared blankly and thought about how this trip is actually gonna filled with a lot more smiles with Jiyeon around and being able to do things together just with her. As Hyomin stood under the building waiting patiently for her manager's car to arrive she can't help but reminisce about the trip to Japan with Jiyeon alone. Hyomin missed those days. 

A honk from a black van broke the trance, Hyomin scurried over and allowed her manager to get her stuff on the van. The girl opened the sliding door on the black van and found herself froze at the scene that unfolded before her moments ago. In the van was Eunjung and Jiyeon, they were wearing almost identical clothing and were chatting happily with each other. 

"Good morning Hyomin" Eunjung greeted which brought Hyomin back to the current situation. 

"Morning Unnie!" The youngest girl greeted loudly in her cheerful husky voice, waving and smiling to Hyomin. 

Hyomin smiled a little at the cute action, but at the same time she felt her heart cracked a little inside. Realisation had dawned on her, Hyomin had been so excited for this trip that she had forgotten that Eunjung was also part of this scheduled trip. 

Hyomin got up the van quickly and sat at the back before the car moves off, heading for the airport. Hyomin laughed softly in disbelief as she turned her head away from her Eunjung unnie and Jiyeon who were chatting happily in front of her, and looked at the scene outside the window. 

For some reason, Hyomin felt alone. It was something she had gotten used to for quite a while, but in situations like this the feeling of loneliness and emptiness just intensifies.

Throughout the trip Hyomin felt as if she was playing gooseberry, the third wheel. But she had no choice. 

When they arrived in Thailand, Hyomin had the privilege of walking side by side Jiyeon as Eunjung led the way. Hyomin smiled brightly before the fans as they snapped away tons of pictures. 

And even when everyone got up the van and Hyomin was left to sit behind once again, she made sure to smile till the very end, until she was out of site at least. 

The trip to to hotel was still bearable for the girl, but her silence throughout the whole trip had raised suspicion. 

"Are you alright? Hyomin?" One of the manager asked. 

But there was no reply, Hyomin just sat silently with her headphones on, staring at the view outside. 

The concern of their manager has gotten Eunjung and Jiyeon's attention for once. The two girls looked back worriedly, but seeing Hyomin deep in her own thoughts, they decided not to disturbed her. 

Jiyeon felt her eyes lingered around on her Hyomin unnie a few seconds longer as she wonders what Hyomin is thinking about. The thing is that despite their closeness, Jiyeon found herself losing grasp on her unnie's thoughts. In the pass they shared this connection whereby words and thoughts are easily conveyed as their eyes met. But now it difficult, it's as if the two of them were lost in a thick fog, everything was foggy, blurry and unclear. 

The connection that they once shared, was now lost. 

It didn't take long for them to arrived at the hotel and their manager broke the news to them that the girls have to share between two rooms. 

"I'll take the other room then" Hyomin said before taking the key card and proceed to her room. 

It might have come across as being rude and selfish but this wasn't the case. The "then" that ended the girl's sentence sounded have if she wasn't left with a choice. And that was exactly what Hyomin thought, she had thought that Eunjung and Jiyeon would like a room together but wasn't comfortable speaking out. Hence, Hyomin took the initiative to make sure things don't become any awkward. 

Jiyeon stood there in awe as she was puzzled with her Hyomin unnie's weird behaviour. 

 


Jiyeon's POV 

Hyomin unnie walked away from us to her room slowly, and I was really puzzled. 

Is she not feeling well? She looked okay at the airport earlier though? She was smiling and laughing with Eunjung unnie and me. What is going on?

I made my way to the room Eunjung unnie and I shared and settled down quickly. It was tiring and before I knew it I've fallen asleep in the bed and only woke up when it was time for dinner. 

As we gathered at the lobby, Hyomin unnie was nowhere to be found. 

"Where's unnie?" I asked manager oppa immediately. 

"Hyomin wasn't feeling well, hence I've asked her to get some rest."

"She isn't getting any dinner?" Eunjung unnie asked worriedly. 

"I've told her to get room service or head to the hotel restaurants and cafes if she's hungry. Now let's go, the organisers are waiting and we need 30 mins of travel to the restaurant." 

I took a last glance at the elevator before walking out. 

 


Hyomin's POV

Staying alone in a empty room is certainly boring. Not to mention lonely. Upon reaching the room, I've spent a long time lazing around playing with my phone and reading the letters fans passed me. 

Time wasn't exactly flying and I didn't feel like sleeping. I the television, hoping to watch something interesting but I couldn't understand anything because of the language difference. I lay on the bed trying to come out with something to do and at the very moment something popped up my head. 

There's one place at every hotel that really helps someone like me to pass time. 

And before I knew it I was sitting at a table at the roof with a glass of ice cold beer in my hands. That's right, a rooftop bar is the best place to pass time. 

I took a sip and stared at the scenery before me, I felt my body relaxed a little with some alcohol and while the strong wind blew strongly. 

The hot weather had cooled slightly as the sun begins to set. I whipped out my phone, took a video of the scenery before me and uploaded it to my Instagram. The view was not breathtaking or anything but it was nice, watching the cars moving slowly on the road was somewhat enticing and it did had a calming effect to some extend. 

I was deep in my thoughts when my phone rang. It was manager oppa. 

"Hyomin, get ready for the dinner with the organisers. We'll meet at the lobby in 15 mins." He spoke loudly on the phone. 

I felt myself froze at every word. I've totally forgotten about the dinner. It wasn't a very important event, just a dinner treat by the organisers to thank us for coming over. 

I am not prepared at all and I reeked of alcohol. There's certainly no time to take a bath and get my make up done. It wasn't good to show up intoxicated either. Hence, the only way is to decline this dinner.

*cough* *cough*

"Oppa, I'm not feeling well.. Can I pass this dinner?" I spoke with my deepest voice. 

"I've noticed that you were quiet throughout the trip earlier. Is it serious? Should I come and take a look?" Oppa asked worriedly and I felt bad for lying to him. 

"It's alright oppa, thanks for the concern. I just needed some rest."

"Alright.. Get some rest and drink plenty of water. Get yourself room service or go get food from the hotel restaurants and cafes if you're hungry okay?" 

"Ne~ Thank you~" 

"And call me if anything happens."

"Okay oppa, bye" 

I hung up my phone and contemplate whether it's the best decision. Lying was never something I liked and now I'm lying to cover up a something small like this. 

I drowned myself with the remaining contents in the tall glass and ordered another. 

I guess it's better that heading for an important dinner looking like crap. And it's definitely better than looking at Eunjung unnie and Jiyeonnie getting lovey dovey before me. 

As the thought of them came up to my mind, it stayed there and didn't go away. I found myself frowning unknowingly as I thought about how the two of them were. Couple dress, laughing and joking around with each other. I felt as if I was the one ruining their moment. 

It wasn't something that I'm comfortable speaking to anyone with, so I've hid this secret inside me for years. The secret about me liking Jiyeon. It didn't take long for me to realise I've fallen for her. Why would it? She was a beauty, and my heart stirred the first time we met. 

There's no love at first sight, just mere attraction or infatuation. I believed that I was somewhere between those two initial feelings but it was only after spending more time together did I confirmed that it was love that I was feeling. It was a unique feeling that I could identify easily. 

Because when it's still a one-sided love, you often end up feeling hurt. And it can be pretty unbearable. Yup, so that's how you identify with love, one-sided love to be exact. 

It didn't take long for me to finished up another glass of beer and I decided to just order a bucket with a few bottles. 

It to love secretly, but I couldn't blame anyone since I'm a coward who didn't dare to confess and risk the relationship Jiyeon and l shared. But fate has it ways of doing things. Either way, confessing or not, the relationship we had is at risk. I found myself losing her day by day, and even though we're still close, it's no longer the same. 

Plus Jiyeon is already taken anyway, she's dating a guy now. But even if that's the case, I can't help but fall in love with her over again everyday. 

Still, the chances are really low.. Who knew whether she would have an interest in girls? Even if it did, her first choice would be Eunjung unnie. Eunjung's caring and pretty, she basically perfect. That's why I looked up to her, and I would probably fal in love with her too if my heart wasn't taken up by Jiyeonnie? The thing about love is that it's unique, each individual feels differently and in this case, I feel more for a certain little dinosaur. Coincidentally, I believed Eunjung unnie feels the same way too, the way she cares for Jiyeon... It's different from the way she treats me or the other members, she puts in more effort and does it with all her heart, like how I cared for Jiyeon. 

I'm surprised how thoughts can occupy so much time, and when I was done I realised that I've actually spent the last 4 hours drinking. 

It isn't good to drink a lot but in the drink I found dorm calming effect. Maybe that's what I told myself to believe, but it helps in one way or another. With alcoholic drinks, comes calories. As I was still clear headed and not drunk the slightest, I decided to get back to the room, get changes and hit the gym. 

It was a bizarre thing to do, but I found it to be fine, drinking and exercising both helps to clear my head.

As I finished everything and got back to the room and got a warm shower, it was already 11 pm. I found myself sitting at the balcony with a bottle of wine I bought at the bar earlier. 

As I proceed to take another sip from the wine glass, the doorbell rang. 

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter