Chapter 2

Another World

“Shiah, here’s the key if you want to go back first to the locker room. You don’t need to take the key back here since we’re all about to finish as well” Shiah nodded, taking the key from Hyojung’s hand.

“Take care of your health, don’t push yourself too much” The older girl smiled, patting Shiah’s head as she went back to practice.

Shiah felt light headed while watching her teammates practiced hard for their upcoming competition. She was not in a good condition today and something felt extremely off for her and she couldn’t really concentrate on practice. She felt sorry but she had lost all of her energy and she could just faint anytime if she continued.

She decided to stay and watch the practice a bit more while easing the dizziness in her head.

She sighed, massaging her temples. She felt really weird today, something seemed off and she wasn’t sure what was. She kept getting bad feelings throughout the day, and when that happened she would usually go back home early, but because there was important practice today, she couldn’t.

She knew something bad was going to happen because she kept getting strong reminder that she had to go home.

Just like what she felt, when she looked up she saw a woman, standing in the middle of the field. She was wearing all white with her hair covering half of her face. The woman was just standing still with her head down, not doing anything in particular. Shiah knew that it wasn’t a normal person, and it was something she shouldn’t see as it looked like she was the only one who noticed her.

She watched as the woman looked up to the window behind her and she followed where she was looking.

 Shiah saw a blonde, standing alone in the hallway, staring at the woman.

She recognized her as a member of dancing club, probably practicing until late as well. The blonde was standing still in her spot, staring at the woman with her eyes wide. She seemed to struggle moving her body.

Shiah turned her attention to the woman and saw her crack a wide, terrifying, smile.

She froze in her spot as well. Chills ran down her spine.

She saw the woman broke into a fit of laughter, a high pitched, disturbing, and sadistic laugh.

Shiah wondered why did the nobody hear her laugh? It was downright terrifying. She stood up with her wobbly legs, deciding to just run away from there.

But when she was about to, the woman turned her head so quick in an inhuman speed and their eyes met.

Shiah closed her eyes and screamed.

“What’s wrong Shiah?” She opened her eyes and saw Hyojung running to her with a worried face, and all of her teammates were staring at her in concern. She looked behind them and the woman was already gone. Her legs gave up just in time Hyojung caught her and hugged her.

She saw that woman’s face before she closed her eyes earlier. Her whole face was pale white, so inhumanly pale. Her eyes were bloodshot and her smile was horrifying.

 “Shiah! Shiah!” She saw all of her teammates and other club members rushed to her before everything went blurry. She heard Hyojung calling her name over and over faintly.

She also remembered what the woman said to her.

 

“I SEE YOU”

 

Then everything went black.

 

Shiah woke up in the nurse clinic. She got up immediately and shivered when she remembered what happen. She then got off from the bed and went outside the clinic to found the school was empty.

“Hyojung unnie?” She called. It was almost impossible for the leader to just leave her alone in the school like this. Her voice echoed and she frowned. Why is it so hollow?

She walked a bit to the front door, still with her cheerleader outfit. They sky was still orange outside, but nobody was there. “Hello?” She called, but nobody answer her. The front gate was closed and the guard post was empty. There was no car passing through and it was completely silent.

She went inside the school again in confusion and saw the clock on the wall. The hands stopped at twelve. It gave her creeps as she realized something was definitely off. She walked silently through the hallways to the field.

“Hyojung unnie?” She called again, but nobody was there.

She walked to the locker room, and again, nobody was there.

She had stayed late a lot at school and this was the first time she had ever felt chills while walking around the school. She then went back to the clinic and heard the sound of door shut loudly from upstairs. She swore she also heard someone’s voice.

Maybe the blonde girl earlier? She thought.

“Hello? Is there anyone there? Hello!” She raised her voice to be heard. It was still silent.

She suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder and she froze in her spot.

She wasn’t stupid. She knew there was no sound of footsteps, even though it was silent here which meant, it wasn’t a person. She gulped feeling the chilly presence behind her.

“WHO ARE YOU SEARCHING FOR?”

Shiah screamed before she ran as fast as she could.

She ran up the stairs in hurry as she heard the familiar laugh behind her. She squealed when she almost tripped over one of the stairs but she continued running as fast as she could to the third floor anyway. Tears were b in the corner of her eyes in complete fear as she didn’t even have the courage to look behind her.

As soon as she arrived on the third floor she felt her hand being pulled harshly and she almost scream if it wasn’t for the hand which covered .

She was now trapped between someone in front of her and the wall behind her in like what seemed to be a classroom, but a really dark one.

Shiah’s scream was muffled as the hand covered even more forcefully.

“Shush!” She stared at the person in front of her and recognized her as the blonde she saw earlier.

“Be quiet, she’s going to hear you if you keep on screaming” She whispered.

The classroom was dark because all of the curtains were closed and not a single light was in except some light between the curtains. She eyed the blonde before her who was eyeing the door beside them warily. She could see the extreme fear from her eyes too.

Shiah’s eyes were still wide in fear as she tried to control her breathing so she wouldn’t make a single sound. All that she heard was her own loud heartbeat in her ears and nothing else, she wondered if the girl in front of her heard that as well as it seemed to be really loud and fast to the point that it hurt her chest.

After a few seconds which seemed like hours of silence and breathing, the blonde released her and Shiah sighed in relief as she slid down to the floor. Her legs had given up on her and she felt all of her energy was drained to the core.

She saw the other girl peeked from between the curtain and the light after making sure nothing was there, she supposed.

“Are you okay?” She asked, walking to where she was and crouched in front of her worriedly.

Shiah shook her head and blush a little when she saw how the blonde looked at her from head to toe then back to her eyes.

“Here” The girl rummaged through her bag, took out a bottle of water and gave it to her.

Shiah bashfully took it, “thank you” she mumbled shyly. She was never good around strangers and adding how she acted earlier seemed to be a pretty good reason for her to feel embarrassed.

“Yoo Shiah, right? You’re a pretty popular kid” The girl sat down and spoke, “my name is Kim Mihyun, by the way.”

“Kim Mihyun from the dance club.” Shiah mumbled after taking a gulp of the water before giving it back to Mihyun.

“That’s right” Mihyun nodded, she seemed pretty pleased that Shiah knew her from the dance club, judging from the slight smile on her face.

“Umm…” Shiah fiddled with her fingers nervously, “where are we exactly? And… what happened?” She asked timidly.

Mihyun tilted her head, “did you get a déjà vu?” she asked instead of answering her questions.

“N-no…” The brown haired girl stared at the girl in front of her curiously, “what do you mean by that?”

“You didn’t?” Mihyun frowned.

“But… I saw that woman in the field, and I saw you looking at her. After that sh-she looked at me and told me that she saw me. After that I just fainted and when I woke up, the school is already in this condition, what is happening?”

“It’s an old rumor, you know about if someone who got a déjà vu and saw a ghost right after they would be taken to another world. This is that other world, where no living being is here and it’s like extremely silent. Have you heard about that?” Mihyun asked.

“Yeah… I overheard someone talking about those kinds of things.” Shiah shook her head, “but I thought that was just a rumor, and furthermore, I didn’t get a déjà vu. I just happened to see the ghost you were seeing and she saw me.”

“Well, I don’t know what the hell is happening and nothing can be explained about this anyway, though my friend told me that we can escape by using this compass you know.” Mihyun shrugged earning a curious stare from Shiah.

“Well, first of all, are you okay now? Can you stand?” Mihyun stood up and offered a hand to her.

Shiah stared at the hand in front of her and her face reddened a little. She grabbed the hand and realized how small her hand was compared to the girl in front of her. Well, her hand was always small and it was one of her complex, but the girl’s hand was rather bigger than her friends’ and it felt nice and warm.

She mentally slapped herself for having such a thought before standing up.

She blushed again when she caught Mihyun was staring at her before the girl turned her head away like she got busted. She watched as the blonde rummaged through her bag and took out the school’s black blazer, which she wasn’t wearing and gave it to her.

“It must be cold wearing sleeveless clothes, so wear this” She cleared .

Shiah flushed as she hesitantly took the blazer. “Thanks” she mumbled while wearing the blazer timidly.

“Where is your bag anyway? I mean your uniform must be inside your bag no?”

“I don’t know, I went to the locker room but nothing was inside and the locker was locked. I’m pretty certain I was carrying the key but I kind of lost it.” Shiah sighed.

“Well, just wear that for now. Oh, and the compass, look at it, it was stuck pointing at the North right? And it will be stuck there wherever we go.” Mihyun showed the compass she was holding.

Shiah nodded.

“Now, we have to go around the school to find the invisible gate that is separating the real world and this ed up world by looking at the compass. If it moved from North to South that means we have found it and we can escape by saying some kind of spell, but I’ll tell you later about that.” She explained.

“O-okay…”

“And surely, we have to stick together for this you know. Two is better than one”

Shiah nodded again as she saw Mihyun took a deep breath. “Don’t look into those creatures’ eyes.” She warned.

“Are we going out from here right now?” She asked, trembling a bit at the thought.

“We can’t stay here all day long, we only have 24 hours. I’ve checked this room and one other room earlier, but we have a bunch of classrooms, labs, toilets, janitor room, I don’t know just hundreds of places to visit so we have to hurry up”

Mihyun then held Shiah’s hand and squeezed it. “Don’t worry, everything’s going to be fine, alright?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________

A/N

I forgot that I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow for like a week or more, that's why I updated what I've been writing so far.
I'm probably not going to update anything when I'm on my trip, I'm sorry... but I'll try to write the next chapter and upload it as soon as I'm done.

Anyway, thank you for subscribing, commenting and reading this story~
I hope you like it so far.