Final

Mermaid

“Jeonghan, how many times do I have to remind you, just because they don’t said that they are your baby, doesn’t mean that you can drown them just like that.” Jisoo put his hand on his hips, face clearly unhappy for some reason. “Be grateful that Seokmin got there on time, or else…” he didn’t finish his sentence.

The merman infront of him pout. “They can just agree that they are my baby, then I won’t try to drown them.” He grumbled, arms crossed on his chest. His long hair swayed in the water.

Flipping the page in ‘Pearl Magazine’, Jihoon rolled his eyes. “Jeonghan, please stop acting childish. Just go to Chan. I’m sure he’s more than happy to claimed that he’s your baby.” His eyes reading the contents of the magazine that he borrow from Seungkwan cause he’s so bored.

As if on cue, Seungkwan swam in, mouth busy rapping some English words. “Yo, I’m Boo Seungkwan. I’m za bes quality. Spling my name B-O-O…”

“Seungkwan, you’re hanging around with that marine boy again, didn’t you?” Jihoon asked, still hasn’t raised his head from the magazine.

The merman gasped. “How do you know? Did you stalk my Fishtagram? Or my Fishbook?” he asked dramatically. “Don’t tell me you followed me on Fishtter??! OH MY GOD!!!” he screamed suddenly, which earned him a magazine on his face.

“Shut up, Boo Seungkwan!!! I swear if you ever said OH MY GOD again, I’ll turn you into a sushi!”

Seungkwan was about to retort back when the door opened, revealing Lee Seokmin that swam in with a weird pose and expression.

 

Jisoo stopped nagging. He turned to face the younger. “Lee Seokmin, what are you doing?” he furrowed his eyebrows.

Seokmin move his head to the front and back, moving like a seahorse with a slightly pouted mouth.

“I bet he’s acting like a pigeon again.” Jeonghan said, pushing himself from the comfy couch. “If you’ll excuse me, I have a business to do on the surface. I’ll be back before dinner.” He swam pass the weird Seokmin who still didn’t stop with whatever he’s been doing.

Jisoo sigh. He took a look at his watch, which is of course the one that works underwater. “Oh no, I’m already late!” he swam quickly and grab his brown guitar. Don’t ask me how the heck that guitar got under water. It works somehow. “Seokmin, if you’re done with the pigeon acting, please cooked some dinner, and never let Jihoon into the kitchen. Bye, love you.”

The younger pout. “But it’s not a pigeon. It’s a seahorse.” He swam past the red faced pink haired merman, busy choking Seungkwan whom turned bluer by the moment.

A phone on top of the table rang suddenly.

Jihoon let go of the merman, and swayed his tail, moving his body to get the phone. He swipe on the green icon, answering the call from someone.

“Seungcheol!” he answered happily, a bright smile creep on his face. “Okay, I’ll be there. See you! Love you too.” He blushed a bit before ending the call.

The pink haired merman grab his black jacket, and put it over his oversized white shirt that obviously belongs to the human named Seungcheol judging by how his name were written across the shirt. He put the phone in her jacket’s pocket and makes his way to the kitchen.

Jihoon poked his head by the door. “Seokmin, I won’t be back for dinner. Might be spending the night out of water. Tell Jisoo I took his earphones, his spare one. Bye.”

He waved to the cooking merman and swam outside, leaving Seokmin who seems too busy contemplating wether to cook fish or prawn, and Seungkwan, writing furiously in the new diary that Hansol gave him as a gift.

 

A knock by the window makes Seokmin turned his attention from the dead fish and prawn in the sink. He smile brightly after he saw the merman who knocked on his window.

“Seokmin, the dolphin invited us to play with them tomorrow. Are you in?” Soonyoung ask, hand propped on the window.

“Are you going to join too?”

“Of course!” he replied brightly.

“Then so do I!” Seokmin replied back, much more energy than Soonyoung.

Both of them grinning from ear to ear. Such a soulmate indeed.

 

Now let us take a little glimpse of what the other merman are doing.

Jisoo put his fingers gently on his guitar. “Now, kids. Put your hand gently, just like mine.”

Little mermans and mermaids, each with a small guitar on their lap, do as told.

“Gently flicked on the string, and make sure it produce some sound. No, not like that, Hyuk. Gently. Like this.” His long fingers make their magic as he play the guitar, producing a simple but sweet melody.

“Now you try.”

Some mermaids giggled as they watch how Jisoo play. Some are whispering to each other, while some just practically turn static, busy staring at the young and handsome merman.

Jeonghan bite his fingers as he watched how the mermaids are acting around his crush. He make sure that he was hidden so that Jisoo won’t notice him.

Damn those mermaids. Just you wait. I’ll let all you know your place. And he started to plot something quite evil in his mind.

 

The black haired man walked slowly at the beach, a smile never left his face since he got out of his house ten minutes ago. The sun slowly fading, creating a perfect background.

He turned to the sea when he heard some splashing. The smile turn brighter when a mop of pink hair show itself from the sea.

Seungcheol walked to the love of his life. He picked the small blushing merman in bridal style and took him to the beach.

He leaned down and pecked on Jihoon’s lip. Grinning when he saw how the merman’s tail slowly turned into a pair of legs, clad in white pants.

“You know what. Even after saw this for so many times, I still wonder how you managed to get the pants on.”

“Shut up.” Jihoon was blushing like mad. He punch Seungcheol’s broad chest as the older laugh.

“So, dinner sounds good?”

“Magnificent.”

-----

Just a simple short story.