Cakes, Peonies, and the 100th Days

100th Days Anniversary

Wooyoung walked down that small corridor with an uneasy looks at his face. Medium-sized pink box at his left hand and peonies at the right one. The pink box, well apparently that was the cake he bought right the moment he landed at Seoul. And peonies, thank God they have even florist at the Incheon airport.

 He got everything he needs for today, but there’s still this big lump at his throat. He doesn’t even know how she’d react. Will she be mad ? Or even breaking up with him ? It made him cringe by just thinking about those stuffs

818. 819. 820. 821. He stopped his feet right in front of the 821 door. Hestitantly, he lifted his finger to press the bell.

“Ding Dong..,” No reaction. No one’s even answering the bell.

“Ding Dong..,” still..no reaction.

“Where is she ?” Wooyoung started panicking to himself. He then pushed the pin number by himself. He actually knows what’s the password of the door though. But he never really dares to use it and barges into her apartment all he want. She let him know the number in case something happened.

“Cheonsa-ah~,” Wooyoung lunged out her name in an extremely low voice as soon as he stepped into the apartment. He placed all the gifts from his hand at a little counter near the door so that he could untie his shoes and put on the slippers. It took like five seconds for him to find his slippers. She got them this cute yellow chick-shaped couple slippers and forced Wooyoung to put that on everytime he came to her house.

He looked around the dimly lighted living room, scanned the whole apartment from there, but seems like Cheonsa is nowhere to be found. 

“Is she asleep ?” he whispered to himself. “It’s barely even 12..,”

He couldn’t help but feeling guilt even more. She must be really mad that she couldn’t even wait till midnight. “Mianhae…,” he pursed his lips and sighed in disappointment strolling his last feet to Cheonsa’s bedroom.

Was about to knock the door but he changed his mind right before that snuckles of his literally knocked the door. Instead of knocking, he turned the doorknob and tiptoed to her room.

And afterall he was right, there she is, tightly-wrapped by her blanket, sleeping soundly with he back faced to the door. Felicity rose at his face just by seeing her back. Her lovely lovely back. It’s been like three weeks they didn’t see each other. His new habit of flying back and forth to Japan these past weeks was all the reason.

She never complains nor even mad. Wooyoung would always be the one who apologizing and she’d always be the one who kept saying ‘that’s okay’ or ‘never mind, I really understand your circumstances’. For some reasons he feels really bad for always making her saying those stuffs. He knows that somehow she’s dying inside to be mad at him.

“Hey… ja ?” *ja is the informal words of ‘sleeping’ in Korean*

He walked to the other side of the bed. Bended down on his knees so that his face now could really in a face-to-face position with hers. “Cheonsa-ah…I’m so sorry for today..,” he whispered again. This time he caressed her rosy cheeks lightly and down her shiny black hair.

“I bought cakes…and peonies…,it’d be great if we could enjoy this day together before today’s over..,” he slurred those line in silent, nearly noiseless. He didn’t even dare to wake her up that he decided to just get up and placed a light kiss at the top of her head.

“Happy 100th day anniversary, baby..,” He then placed another kiss. Not the light one, and not at the top of the head again. This time it’s the lips. He pressed his lips to hers, not too light, but gently enough to not wake her up though. But suddenly the not-supposed-to-wake-her-up kiss turned into a passionate kiss just as soon as Cheonsa placed his hands at Wooyoung’s neck. Wooyoung at the other hand was extremely taken aback. Half-blushed and embarrassed as he thought she was sleeping all those times.

“You came..,” she pursed a smile, hands still at Wooyoung’s neck.

“You weren’t sleeping ?” Wooyoung asked still in surprised face. He threw a betrayed look jokingly to her and let his neck off her grip to take all the gifts he brought earlier.

“No I didn’t… My boyfriend nearly abandoned me at our 100th day anniversary…,” she pouted, tried to look sad. But still, she just couldn’t hide her happy expression.

“I’m so sorry…I couldn’t even pick any of your calls today..they extended the schedule for another day..,” said Wooyoung as he joined Cheonsa at her bed with the cake and peonies he brought earlier.

“I know..I’m still so grateful you didn’t just let this day go away..,” she rubbed his shoulder before placing a quick peck at his left cheek.

“Thanks, for not being mad…,” replied Wooyoung. He could finally breath now, knowing the fact that Cheonsa ain’t even mad.

“I bought you peonies!” he then enthusiastically gave her the bouquet. “I’m sorry it’s poorly decorated..and not pink.., this is the only kind of peonies they got left at the shop..,” Wooyoung gave her his puppy-eye look.

“Stop giving me that look!” she let out a single laughter. “I’m fine with anything you got me though…,”

“Gosh, you’re like the best girlfriend in this whole wide world,” Wooyoung faked a touched expression and plastered his infamous jjing-jjing look all over his face. She then smacked him lightly at the head and told him to stop doing that.