01

Strength

"Girls, the show is starting soon!" Jihyo shouted, calling for the rest to gather at the living room. The members put aside whatever they were doing and started heading towards the living room. It had always been like that, TWICE always did their own stuff when they were in the dorm, but they would always watch and monitor any program they were in together. It started since TWICE TV, and it became a habit for them. What was special this time round was that while everyone was slowly making their way (as usual), a certain yoda was already next to her and whining.

"Jihyo unnie, can we not watch this today?" Tzuyu clung onto the older girl's arm and swung it as she asked.

"Why?" It was the first time anyone talked about not wanting to watch, and it surprised Jihyo even more for two reasons - one being Tzuyu was the one who filmed the show, second being the simple fact that it was Tzuyu who was whining about it. Tzuyu was never like that.

"I just feel like watching another show now. I heard a good drama is showing!" Tzuyu felt like she had to get her way through regardless.

"We can watch that online later, Tzuyu-ah. Unnie will watch with you, okay?"

Tzuyu pouted, not knowing what to say. By now, the other members were also all settled down around the area already, so Tzuyu just kept quiet.

 

 

The show started and the girls were generally quiet as they were all focused on the show. Occasionally they would laugh at something that was said in the show, and sometimes a comment or two would be passed. As the show went on, even with the editing, Tzuyu knew it was going to come soon. The scene that she did not want to let her members see.

As calm as Tzuyu appeared to be on the outside, she was actually panicking on the inside. The chef was already serving the meal, so it would be the upcoming few scenes. Not knowing what to do, she abruptly stood up and headed to her room. Everyone was surprised, but brushed it off quickly. Maybe Tzuyu just needed to get something, they thought.

However, staring back at the screen, they found the answer - why Tzuyu was acting like that. Tzuyu had cried on broadcast, making all of them shocked and worried at the same time. Seeing Tzuyu cry was a rare sight to begin with, but seeing Tzuyu cry on broadcast was a first for them. It was that moment as they were looking at the television that they realised just how much thoughts and feelings Tzuyu kept to herself all these while.

Jeongyeon was the first one to move, since she already knew beforehand. She stood up and headed towards the closed door, but was called back.

"Jeongyeon, I'll go." It was Sana who said that, and no one objected because they knew that Sana was one of the closer ones to Tzuyu.

Everyone was silent as Sana made her way to the room. That was until Jihyo broke the silence.

"Jeongyeon-ah, why didn't you tell us?" The responsible leader asked.

"She asked me not to.."

"And so you don't? This is something really important." Jihyo was a little annoyed, but it all arose due to her concern towards the youngest.

"She practically begged me not to!" Jeongyeon said defensively. "But alright, I'm sorry."

 

 

Sana politely knocked on the door. "Tzuyu-ah, may I come in?"

Taking the silence as a form of consent, she carefully opened the door. The owner of the room was in her bed, facing towards the wall, her blanket covering her all the way past her shoulders. Closing the door behind her, Sana walked over and sat at the edge of Tzuyu's bed.

"Tzuyu," Sana called softly, her hand gently tapping the girl.

There was a moment of silence. Tzuyu was hesitant to reply, and Sana did not want to push the girl to answer. She knew she would get a reply when the other girl was ready.

"I'm sorry unnie." The reply came a little faster than Sana expected. "I was supposed to be there to promote TWICE and let more people know about us, but all I ended up doing was crying like a baby."

.At this point, Tzuyu was still facing the wall, not even giving a look at Sana, so the latter decided to make it happen instead. "Tzuyu ah, sit up."

While the youngest often played the role of a blunt kid who loved to disturb the other members, she was also one who listened well. She was childish yet mature, knowing the appropriate behaviour for the moment. At Sana's statement, she slowly turned and obeyed.

In the midst of her action, the two girls made natural eye contact, which Sana took advantage of the moment to put her hand on the other girl's cheek. She looked straight into the younger girl's eyes, wanting to transmit every bit of her sincerity over. "Silly, is that what you were worried about? You did a great job on the show, Tzuyu ah."

Tzuyu looked down after hearing that. She still felt like she had let the other members down.

"Look at me, please?" 

As their eyes met again, Sana continued what she wanted to say. "I didn't come in because we were disappointed or what, we are worried about you, Tzuyu. You know, when you're having a hard time and you miss your family a lot, you can always talk to us. It's always better to share it than to keep it in."

Sana pulled Tzuyu into her embrace, and the younger girl instinctively snuggled into her shoulder. "I don't want to bother you all. We are already-"

"We are a team, Tzuyu ah. We are one. There's no such thing as bothering. We'd love it if you expressed your feelings more often." Sana tightened the hug. She wanted the other girl to feel secure. "You know, it's natural to feel homesick, we all do. But it's more bearable when you talk to others and let it out. So, promise me you'll let us know from now on?"

"I'll try." Tzuyu's voice was soft. She was uncertain that she could bring herself to do it, but figured there was no harm giving it a try.

"It'll be really good if you could," Sana urged a little more. "Let's go back to the living room? I'm sure they're all worried."

 

True enough, when they opened the door and walked out with their fingers intertwined, all seven of the others were staring at the door. The two of them could not help but chuckle, it was actually quite a funny sight to see. 

"A group hug?" Sana, being one of the touchier members, initiated. A hug would always do good anyway.

Everyone quickly got into a group hug surrounding Tzuyu. At that very moment, Tzuyu was convinced of what Sana had said - that it would be more bearable. She missed her family that was still in Taiwan, but she found another family here in Korea. And she knew, no matter how hard it would be, this family would definitely be by her side.


 

Okay, honestly this oneshot was.. disappointing for me. It didn't quite turn out the way I had thought it out to be, so I'm sorry if it doesn't meet you guys' expectations as well ><

Nonetheless, thanks for reading~! Comments are apprecitaed ^^

See you guys at my other fanfics / (future) oneshots! (: