Final

Starlight

I have been writing and deleting my writing tons of times already and I'm still thinking that the fic is lacking something. Therefore, if I didn't meet your expectation, I would like to apologize. T_T



“Taeng, that freshman is looking at you again.” Tiffany, Taeyeon’s best friend whispered to the shorter as she caught a guy was staring at the latter. “It’s obvious that he is interested in you.”

“Tiff, I’m not interested in younger boyfriend.” Taeyeon replied uninterestingly even though she swiftly looked up and caught the sight of that guy looking at her again. “He’s just a kid.”

“But, he’s hot.” The Korean-American born squealed quietly, not wanting to be the center of unnecessary attraction. “He’s Simon’s cousin.”

“The fact that he is your boyfriend’s cousin and the fact that he looks smoky hot have nothing related to one another, Hwang.” Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

“So, you do admit that he is hot?” Tiffany smirked mischievously and inwardly proud of herself for having a nice pair of ears to catch her best friend’s little confession. “But then again, who wouldn’t agree?”

Taeyeon sighed and facepalmed herself for her slip of tongue. She admitted that that guy, Kwon Hyuk whom prefer to be called by his nickname, Dean, was one hot guy, but the only flaw that she didn’t like was the fact that he was younger than her.

Taeyeon once had a younger boyfriend back in high school whom now was a sophomore student at Department of Music, Byun Baekhyun. That guy was a completely immature jerk that left quite an annoying trauma to her.

“By the way, I almost forgot.” Tiffany blurted out. “It’s Simon’s birthday next Saturday. He invites you too. Dean is going to be there soon.”

Taeyeon parted her lips, about to protest when the red-haired cut her first.

“Kim Taeyeon, I’m going to send you on a blind date with Dean if you’re not going.”

“Yah! Hwang Miyoung!”


Taeyeon and Tiffany were closed that the latter introduced Taeyeon to her boyfriend and her boyfriend’s friend circle. Though that crew was quite wild, but they weren’t rude and that’s what Taeyeon liked about them.

Though there were only two girls, her and Tiffany, in that crew, those guys gave them respect and treated them like longtime friends.

“Tae, would you like some drink?” Jay asked and handed the short-haired girl a glass of Sangria. “So, I heard that Dean is interested in you?”

Taeyeon almost choked on her drink at the mention of that freshman.

“Why are you being so surprised?” Jay laughed and handed her a piece of napkin. “So, it must be true.”

“Who told you?” She asked and wiped . “Tiffany?”

“Who else would?” He rolled his eyes as he chuckled. “Dean wouldn’t say it out loud by himself. He’s quite shy when it comes to girl problem, but if he need to confess, he is so damn blunt. Tiffany just announced to the whole crew last night in the chatroom. You didn’t see it?”

“Holy !” Taeyeon grunted under her breathe. “I hate that girl, sometimes.”


“Gosh, Hwang Miyoung!” Taeyeon groaned childishly. “Why would you announce to the entire crew that Hyuk had a crush on me?”

“What? It’s the truth, anyways.” Tiffany laughed playfully. “Wait, what did you just call Dean? Hyuk? I’ve never known that you guys are closed enough to call each other by real names. Even Simon is calling him by his nickname.”

“Yah!”


The moment Taeyeon stepped into the living room where everyone was having fun with Simon’s birthday, everyone, except Dean, instantly gave her a teasing look which made her just wanted to dig a hole underground to hide herself.

Unknowingly, Dean was looking at her with a small smile because he found the way the older woman blushed embarrassingly was way too adorable.


Propping her elbows on the metal rail in the verandah, Taeyeon placed her chin on top of her palms as she stared into the night sky. She finally was able to escape the teasing look that they gave her while they were drowning themselves with alcohol.

Tiffany was also in a part of the drinking crew because that girl, she would never miss a chance to drink.

“Why aren’t you inside?” Taeyeon flinched as she heard a husky and manly voice blurted behind her before she felt a presence standing right next to her.

“Huh?”

“Everyone is partying inside.” Dean said and briefly glanced over his shoulders into the living room. “Why don’t you join?”

“I don’t really like drinking.” She replied and unknowingly straightened up. “You?”

“I have an exam tomorrow.” He responded. “I don’t want to go to the exam with hangover.”

Taeyeon nodded lightly, a sign that she had listened to him before a silence enveloped them with the cool night breeze.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” He suddenly asked. She quickly glanced at him with a confused expression. “Just curious.” He smiled slightly. “Because if you don’t, I might make a move.”

Just then, what Jay told her earlier slipped into her mind again.

But if he needs to confess, he is so damn blunt.


Two Years Later…

“What take you so long?” Taeyeon groaned as Dean smiled apologetically at her before they walked side by side towards the parking lot. “Are you sure that you’re not sleeping in class, Kwon Hyuk?”

“I’m only 10 minutes late.” Dean laughed. “Do you miss me already? I miss you too.”

“I didn’t say that I miss you.” She scoffed and tried to fight the wide smile on her face, but she ended up smiling like an idiot. “You’re being delusional.”

“Get in, starlight!” He opened the car door at the passenger seat for her like a gentleman and bowed slightly as if he was her chauffeur.

“Thanks, Chauffeur Kwon!” She laughed and patted his cheek lightly, resulting in him sneaking a small peck on her lips before running to the driver’s seat.

“You need to stop doing that.” She glared at him playfully and hit his arm lightly. “We’re in the public place for goodness sake.”

“I can’t control myself.” He smiled sheepishly. “You are too pretty.”

“Stop doing that!” She giggled. “It’s heart-fluttering.”

“Do I get a kiss, then?” He leaned in and she burst in a laughter before pushing him away lightly.

“Are we going to stay here all day? I’m hungry.”


Five Years Later…

Looking at his sleeping fiancée’s pale face, Dean couldn’t help, but feeling bad for the former. Taeyeon was struggled with the labor pain for the past 16 hours and she just got a proper after their baby was born less than two hours ago.

Intertwining their fingers together, he pressed small kisses on the back of her hands as he remembered how hard she had been throughout the whole pregnancy, from the heavy morning sickness to weird cravings to crazy mood swings and hormones.

All because of the so-called ‘engagement present’ that they received earlier this year on their joint trip to Jeju Island from his cousin and cousin in-law.

Though Taeyeon resented those two people, but Dean was grateful for them. If not for them, he didn’t know how long he had to wait until Taeyeon agreed to get married with him even though he had been trying to persuade her for more than a year already.

Feeling her fingers moved, Dean leaned in with a small smile as she wearily opened her eyes. Seeing his face the moment she woke up brought a smile onto Taeyeon’s face and she was ready to spend the rest of her life looking at this face.

“You’re awake.” He exhaled in relief and planted another kiss on her hand in which she patted his cheek lightly. “Do you need something? Should I call the doctor?”

“I only need you.” She murmured tiredly and looked around the room. “How long have I been sleeping?

“Only less than two hours.” He patted her hair. “You should have slept more. Did I bother you?”

“No, you didn’t.” She shook her head and glanced at the hanging clock. “Did you have your dinner? It’s quite late already.”

“How can I eat when you haven’t eaten yet?” He frowned and pressed the button to lift up the upper half of her bed higher. “Do you think I have the heart to eat, knowing how much you suffered alone for the past hours?”

“Worry about yourself, little one!” She chuckled lightly and pinched his nose bridge. “You’re younger than me.”

“Is that even a problem?” He smirked. “In this seven years that we have been together, you know that I have been treated you better than any oppas. Right?”

Seeing how serious he was, she just let out a small round of giggles.

“I’m serious.” He narrowed his eyes at her. “You gotta admit that I’m a great boyfriend and fiancé?”

“Yes, yes, you are.” She nodded along and gave his hand a light squeeze. “I know you are.”

“Thanks for everything, Taeng!” He stole a peck from her lips in which she parted her lips and about to protest, but he cut in first. “I’m not going to call you ‘noona’. So, don’t complain. You have been complaining about this for seven years already.”

“Do you still want to married me?” She blurted out. “Even though I avoid this topic everytime you brought it up, do you still want to married me?”

“I want to be with you until I stop breathing.” He replied genuinely. “I want a future with you.”

“No regret?” She confirmed. “You’re not going to change your mind one day, are you?”

“I won’t.” He nodded. “I will never change my mind.”

“Then, I want to be a part of the Kwon’s as well.”

“Why no—w-what did you say?” He looked at her in confusion. She just smiled at him meaningfully, letting her words sinking in. “Are you serious?”

“I have never been this serious.” She ran her thumb on the back of his hand. “I want you to be a part of my life and little Taehyun’s life.”

“Hold up!” He slipped away his hand and searched inside his pants pockets and trench coat pocket until he found a small blue velvet box. “This is really not romantic.”

“Anywhere with you is romantic enough.” She chuckled and held out her hand. “Say it!”

“Marry me, Kim Taeyeon!” He said sincerely and she nodded without hesitation. He slipped the ring on her finger before embracing her with a gentle yet full of love kiss. “You and little Kwon Taehyun are indeed the starlight that shine brightly in my life.”

“Do you love me?”

“I do, with all my heart.”

“I do too, a lotttt.”

 




A/N::::: Hey, everyone! I must have taken a lot of time to update this and I'm really sorry for making you wait. I know that this fic is lacking something and I would love to hear your feedbacks. Thanks for subscribing, commenting and supporting. Thank you so much^^

Do check out my other fanfictions if you like^^

XOXO, thesassy