final

my starlight

For the leader of the (former) national girl group, Taeyeon finds that she really hasn't done much for her members.


In fact, she's probably one of the biggest troublemakers - unintentionally, of course. She never intended to get caught kissing Baekhyun in her car, nor did she ever think that her Instagram posts would somehow lead back to the fact that she was dating him.


She's bounced back from the negative feedback with her solo album promotions, but everyone in the company takes the time to remind her to always be careful whenever she walks past.


In fact, even other idols seem to be cautious of her at this point, as if she's some boy-obsessed crazy hag with nothing better to do than prey on fresh idol boys. 


Which is why it's surprising that it is not her that causes problems for the group.


It's not Jessica. Or Hyoyeon either. 


It's Sooyoung.


That's even more surprising. Despite having a dating scandal of her own, Sooyoung is not seen as some man-hungry, god-save-my-oppa, like she is, but a nice girl who has been dating the same guy for over two years. 


And over the course of dating the same guy for two years, the two of them have, obviously, been intimate together. Tiffany and Jessica make it a point to remind Sooyoung - with wiggly eyebrows and everything - to use protection. It's mostly a joke, but also quite important advice.


But perhaps their advice has fallen on deaf ears because Sooyoung...is pregnant. 


Sooyoung tells her first. Why? She has no idea. She's probably the last person to tell, even if she's SNSD's leader, because there is absolutely no way she has anything...good to say in this situation. 


They're in the dorm alone, waiting for Jessica and Tiffany to come back from grocery shopping, and Sooyoung breaks the news to her in tears.


"I don't want the company to tell me to abort it."


Taeyeon pales and her blood runs cold. She has heard stories of agencies doing such things, and although it's something that is kept hush about, she doesn't put it past SM. 


"We...won't let them do that," She says with finality. "Did you tell Kyungho-ssi already?"


Sooyoung nods, her eyes still watery. "He wants us to get married as soon as possible."


"And...you think he's doing it out of love?"


Uncharacteristically fragile at the moment, Sooyoung breathes heavily. "I...I don't know. He says he meant to propose to me next year anyways, but I'm not sure if that's the truth. I...I don't doubt his feelings, but I'm afraid that...this baby is what's trapping him."


Taeyeon sighs.


"I don't think Kyungho-ssi would do that, but just to make sure, we should speak with him again," Taeyeon says. "Did you tell any of the other girls yet?"


Sooyoung shakes her head.


"Your family?"


Again, Sooyoung shakes her head.


"For starters, you should go to your family tomorrow," Taeyeon says, and it surprises her how calm she's being about this on the outside, considering how much she's freaking the out on the inside. "I can go to the company with you the day after...are you comfortable telling the other girls yet or not?"


Sooyoung hiccups back a sob.


"I'm scared...I don't want them to abandon me."


Taeyeon puts a reassuring hand on the other girl's shoulder.


"If our members were the type of people to abandon each other over scandals, I should've been kicked out for dating an EXO member long ago," Taeyeon tries to joke, and it successfully makes Sooyoung crack a small laugh.


Sooyoung grabs onto her hand, and although they are the same age, Taeyeon suddenly feels like an older sister comforting her.


"Defend me from Jessica, okay?" 


Taeyeon laughs.


"No promises there."

When Sooyoung breaks the news to the other girls, their reactions are...just as expected.


Seohyun, oh, sweet Seohyun, has nothing but congratulations to say, and she immediately calls them from her musical practice in tears, blubbering about how she'll be a great aunt to the baby. 


It causes Sooyoung to cry yet again.


Hyoyeon and Yuri, who are at a variety show filming together, are shocked and ready to fight Jung Kyungho, with the way they call Sooyoung and demand to know when the hell the wedding is.


Taeyeon barely gets them to calm down and finish up filming before coming to the dorm.


Yoona, who has been eating out with her new, businessman boyfriend, calls and worriedly asks, first and foremost, about Sooyoung's condition. Taeyeon tries to reassure her that Sooyoung is okay, but Yoona is not convinced and says that she'll be coming.


Likewise, Sunny is also worried about Sooyoung. Not only Sooyoung, but also her unborn baby, that the agency will not be pleased with. She hangs up quickly, but sends a text that she will be heading over as soon as her variety show filming finishes up.


And finally, Jessica and Tiffany. The two Americans who had preached protection to Sooyoung (and any of the other members when they got boyfriends). Taeyeon is most fearful of their reaction, and gulps as the two enter the dorm, back from grocery shopping for dinner.


"We're back! What were you guys...oh my god! Sooyoung! Are you crying?" Tiffany yelps as she dashes into the living room, letting the bags clatter to the floor.


"What? Sooyoung's crying?" Jessica exclaims, trailing after her. "Yah, Kim Taeyeon! What did you do?"


She holds her hands up in defense. "I didn't do anything! The reason why she's crying...is because...it's because..."


"I'm pregnant," Sooyoung hiccups out.


There's a dead silence that follows in the room. Taeyeon tensely glances between the two American members, noting that their faces are frozen in shock. It almost seems as though she has to speak up to start any kind of conversation - even if it means hearing their preaching about the importance of protection - but thankfully, Jessica begins to talk.


"Who's the father?"


Wrong question.


Taeyeon blanches. "Who do you think it is!? It's Kyungho-ssi obviously!" 


Jessica glares. "I was just making sure! She was crying so hard that it made me think otherwise!" 


Tiffany takes a deep breath. "Is he saying that he won't take responsibility? Because if that's the case, I'll - "


"No, no, no!" Taeyeon interrupts in exasperation. Sooyoung is drowning in her own tears at this point, and refuses to say anything. "He wants to marry Sooyoung, but Sooyoung's afraid that he might just be doing it because of the pregnancy. And besides that, there's also problems that might arise with the company when they found out."


Tiffany crouches down to wrap her arms around Sooyoung, who gratefully accepts the spot on her shoulder.


"Shh, it'll be okay," Tiffany says comfortingly, and really, Taeyeon remembers why she's always wanted Tiffany to be the leader instead. 


Taeyeon lets out a deep breath. "She's telling her family tomorrow. One of us should probably go with her."


"I can go," Jessica offers.


"Not you," Taeyeon rejects her offer. "Someone else...like Seohyun or Tiffany."


Jessica glares.


"Then I'll go with her to the company," Jessica retorts.


"What, and then start a fight with the company, Jessi?" Tiffany reminds her. "Patience is not your forte. We all know that." 


Taeyeon nods in agreement. "You can provide moral support inside our dorm and handle damage control when the other members get here - namely Hyoyeon and Yuri." 


Jessica pouts, but doesn't argue.


"I'll go with her to the company the day after tomorrow," Taeyeon says. "I know it'd be best to go with all of us, but it might attract unwanted attention and Sooyoung doesn't want the press to know just yet." 


Sooyoung sniffs and lifts her head from Tiffany's shoulder.


"Listen...guys..."


All three of them turn their attention to the pregnant girl, leaning in close.


"I'm..."


There is a silence. Tiffany rubs her back reassuringly.


"Go on."


"I'm..." Sooyoung pauses, as there is a loud grumble from her stomach. "Really hungry."


Taeyeon and Tiffany have to physically stop Jessica from tackling the other girl, reminding her that she is, in fact, pregnant.

"Don't be nervous," She tells Sooyoung, even though she's the one that seems to be shaking on the way to the company. 


Thankfully, Sooyoung has cleared things up with Kyungho and her family, as well as his, have been extremely accepting of her pregnancy, taking it as a blessing. 


Their wedding, if things go as planned, will be held in September of this year. It's a bit quick, but Sooyoung prefers to have the wedding held before she starts showing too much. 


Somehow, the drive to the company feels shorter than usual, and Taeyeon gulps, as she and Sooyoung step out of the van.


"Do you want me to come with you guys?" Their manager asks worriedly. He doesn't know what's going on, but he does seem to understand that something is wrong.


Taeyeon glances at Sooyoung, who shakes her head with a smile.


God dammit.


Letting out a deep breath as she steps into the building, she reminds herself that there's a lot of things worse than what she's doing - drowning in the ocean, falling into a pit of lava, ripping out her own teeth.


Yeah.


This is nothing.


Kim Youngmin is on the phone when they walk into his office. Either his secretary forgot to tell him that they were coming or he senses that something very bad is coming for him.


"Hello, sajangnim," She says, clearing , as he finally hangs up.


He smiles. It's not a good feeling.


"Hello to both of you, Sooyoung and Taeyeon. Take a seat on the couch," He says, rising from his spot at hi desk. "I was wondering why both of you wanted to see me so early in the morning..."


Yeah...definitely the latter. 


"Sajangnim, I know you're very busy, so I'll just be upfront about this," Sooyoung says, with a shaky breath. "I'm...pregnant."


What happens next can only by described as chaos.


Kim Youngmin immediately calls up SM's publicity team, shouting frantically, and it's somewhat frightening. Employees rush into the office, and Taeyeon can do nothing but hold Sooyoung's hand in comfort, squeezing it gently.


"Who else have you told about your pregnancy?" Kim Youngmin barks.


Sooyoung swallows. "My parents, my sister, Kyungho-oppa, and my members." 


He lets out a sigh of relief.


"Before you say anything else," Taeyeon says, her voice faltering slightly under his heavy stare. "You cannot force her to abort the baby."


He an eyebrow. "This is not something that you can discuss so simply. If it is necessary for the sake of the group, then there's no other choice. You guys are all under contract still."


Taeyeon takes a deep breath, trying to ignore the way her chest thumps in fear.


"If you try and force an abortion, I will take this to a reporter. I will file a lawsuit. I will tarnish SNSD's name and reputation, and no matter how much it hurts us, it will only hurt you more. You'll lose one of your biggest groups."


"SNSD is your dream as much as it is mine," He says harshly, addressing both of them. "You don't think this is selfish to the fans?"


"We've never not thankful for the fans," Sooyoung says quickly. "But...but..."


"We don't have to compromise our own happiness for that," Taeyeon finishes. "Please let Sooyoung get married, sajangnim. There must be some way to cover this up so Sooyoung doesn't get hurt."


He is silent for a good moment or two, before one of the workers from the publicity team speaks up.


"You could go on We Got Married."


Taeyeon looks at him incredulously. "I...What? I've been on We Got Married already...and...I don't think that's big enough to cover this up in the first - "


"No, it could work, depending on who we got to be your virtual husband," Kim Youngmin interrupts. 


"After all," Someone else adds. "You haven't been on a variety show in quite a while, and We Got Married is technically where you rose to fame initially." 


"The public will be outraged," She argues.


"Outraged at first, but they'll have to watch," Kim Youngmin retorts. "We can't stick you with a total rookie...we have to find someone who's just as desperate...but also just as famous."


"Ah!" A short female employee exclaims in realization. "What about G-Dragon? He recently had a scandal with Nana Komatsu, so YG might also be looking for a way to salvage his image..."


G-Dragon...? She coughs. "Er...I don't think that's a good idea...remember how we got into a scandal together? His fans might kill me."


Sooyoung pats her arm. "Our fans will kill him too."


She wonders if that's how Sooyoung comforts people.


Her words, this time around, truly fall on deaf ears, and no one seems to listen to her, as the team gets busy on contacting YG and MBC, making sure that she and G-Dragon have a crack at being WGM's next it-couple.


In this case, she thinks, ripping her teeth out would be a better fate by far. 

After their meeting with the agency, Taeyeon comes back to the dorm, with a brightly smiling Sooyoung, and breaks the news. 


None of the members, to her shock, are the least bit worried about her. 


In fact, some - Hyoyeon, Yuri, and Sunny namely - are actually jealous of her.


"The perks of being one of the more popular members," Sunny remarks with a dreamy sigh. 


Taeyeon stares at her like she's lost her mind. "His fans are crazy."


"Every idol's fans are crazy," Yuri reminds her. "Besides, if you're lucky, you might actually be able to score with him."


"Score what? I've done We Got Married before! The whole thing is scripted!"


"Then, you'll be good at it," Jessica remarks, brushing her panic off.


"Good at what?"


"Pretending to be in love with the guy." 


"I wouldn't even have to pretend," Hyoyeon jokes. "I don't care about how much a douche he's rumored to be - he's hot, okay." 


Seohyun looks scandalized. Taeyeon relates.


"You'll regret treating me this way when I get egged at our next fanmeeting," Taeyeon warns them.


"You're not going to get egged, Tae," Tiffany says, rolling her eyes. "We have security guards everywhere. Fangirls are intense, but not that intense."


Taeyeon shakes her head ominously. Tiffany may have dated a 2PM member herself, but she has never experienced dating an EXO member and simultaneously feeling like you've committed one of the greatest crimes against humanity.


To this day, Baekhyun apologizes to her for his fans. They're not even dating and things aren't even that awkward anymore, but she still feels afraid being around him.


This whole We Got Married reappearance brings back memories...but in the worst way possible.


"So...what are you going to wear to your first date?"


Snapped out of her thoughts, Taeyeon scowls and chucks a pillow at them. 

The script, as expected, is horrendous.


For her, of course. The public, it seems like, will eat this up - all this corny, fluff about a bad boy idol and a good girl idol getting to know each other.


Reactions to her reappearance are split across the middle. Either people love it or hate it. 


Her fans hate it because they, like her, are most likely seeing flashbacks to everything that happened with Baekhyun and EXO fans. That, and they still consider her to be a 19 year old teenager that has never kissed anyone (Baekhyun doesn't exist. EXO doesn't exist. Dating scandals aren't real. Neither is the world). 


His fans hate it because...well, number one, she's a female. 


Number two, she's Kim Taeyeon. Number three, she's SNSD's Taeyeon. Oh, and number four, she's man-crazy, ty Taeyeon that will corrupt poor GD-oppa and somehow seduce him like she did to every other male idol.


Aside from both of their fans, the general public doesn't seem to be too happy with her reappearance. It's not hostile hate that's directed towards her, but rather, the idea that she's appearing one more time. It's only a small minority that are in favor of the pairing, calling them a power couple and other ridiculous things.


"Taeyeon-ssi, get ready to film in five minutes."


She smiles and nods politely, looking over at the script one more time. 


Taeyeon walks into the jazz cafe, taking a seat at one of the tables.


Taeyeon: Ah, hello...I'm a little nervous. It's been a while since I've done a variety show...and I was on here seven years ago. My husband was...Hyungdon-oppa. *laughs* I was so shocked! And three years later, you put Seohyun with Jung Yonghwa-ssi...wow, I felt so betrayed! 


Taeyeon: Honestly, Hyungdon-oppa wasn't a bad husband though...and now that I'm older, I honestly look at personality rather than appearance. I need someone that can take care of me now, since I'm getting old..ah, is it bad for a female idol to say that? Sorry...but SNSD can be honest now too, right? 


Taeyeon sighs. The whole thing was so elaborately written that it almost, just almost, made it seem like things weren't totally scripted.


Which...it was, still.


"Taeyeon-ssi, standby!" 


She takes a deep breath, looking at herself one last time in the mirror, before heading off to the set. 


She could do this. For Sooyoung. For her members. For her future nephew or niece.


G-Dragon's fans could it for all she cares. 
 

Filming, surprisingly enough, is going quite well.

Her whole monologue about having been on We Got Married before goes smoothly, and they're at the part of the script where she 'meets' her husband for the first time. As the cafe door opens and she sees G-Dragon - who, she must admit, is pretty darn good-looking - walk in, she lets out a 'surprised' laugh, her eyes widening just enough to be believable. 

For someone that's never acted in a full length drama or movie, she's pretty impressed with her own acting, that's for sure. 

She and G-Dragon greet each other, bowing awkwardly. The next part in the script is where G-Dragon is supposed to hand her flowers, except...he doesn't.

"Ah, I wanted another member of SNSD to be my wife!" He says cheekily, and this is a line that was not written in the script.

Here's the thing: minimal ad-libbing is allowed during We Got Married. After all, it's impossible, sometimes, for them to memorize every line, and as long as the final product is reasonably similar to what was intended for in the script, everything's fine.

But this takes their scenario into a whole different direction.

Uneasy, she glances to the staff, seeing the PD and scriptwriters frantically whisper to one another.

Not good...unless she takes his ad-lib for what it is, filming will most likely have to start again. And prolonging this is the complete opposite of what she wants.

So she laughs airily, pretending to be offended, but not too offended. "Ah, what are you saying!? At our first meeting too..." 

He grins at her, and although they're acting, something about him catches her off guard. Not in a sweet way, but moreso, as though he's looking down on her. 

"Sorry...but, if I'm going to be honest, I was looking forward to seeing Yoona...ah, or Jessica!" 

Was his concept to be an or something? It was almost like he wanted to see her crack and snap in front of the camera, but she's been in this industry for nearly ten years too.

She knows how to act in front of a camera, and she can make this situation humorous for the viewers.

"Ah, then, I want to pair up with Daesung-ssi! What is this situation? My husband doesn't even want me..." She says light-heartedly, and slaps him on the arm lightly for good effect. 

He smirks, and taunts her again.

The whole 'first meeting' filming is just a cycle of that. He'll make a borderline offensive comment, taunt her, and she responds with a mixture of humor and aegyo to make the scene palatable for the public. But even that can't save whatever the hell G-Dragon is trying to do by going against the script, and by the time filming is done, the faces of the staff are dark.

"I think this is gonna fail," She hears one of the younger scriptwriters groan.

"Just when we got two big stars on the show too..." Another sighs.

She can't let that happen. If this flops and they get taken off air, covering up Sooyoung's pregnancy at all will be impossible. 

Sunbae or whatever, she can't let G-Dragon ruin that.

"Excuse me, G-Dragon-ssi!" 

The man in question turns around, hands stuffed into his pockets. His face is masked with nonchalance, and the combination of that, with his slicked back hair and clean, button-up shirt, makes her more annoyed.

She smiles politely. "About today's filming - "

"It looks like it'll be awful, hm?" He cuts in. "That's what I wanted."

Her smile falters. "What?" 

He scoffs. "Then, did you actually want to be on this stupid show? Or, are you that desperate to save your own image that you don't mind acting like an idiot in front of the camera?"

She reminds herself to stay calm.

"I have my own reasons for joining this show," She says carefully. "And if you've already agreed to doing this, then I think you should be working hard for the sake of everyone here."

He snorts, leaning into her space. "Ah...as expected of SNSD. How professional...how SM-esque."

She takes a deep breath, lifting her head up to stare at him head-on.

"Is this about your girlfriend? Do you feel uncomfortable being on this show because of her?"

He fixates a cold look on her. "Man...you really talk a lot for someone that doesn't know . This isn't about anyone, except myself. I don't like sitting in front of a camera and pretending I like some random girl, just to save my own damn image. I've got more morals than that."

Well...that's it.

She steps even closer to him, staring at him just as coldly.

"We're the same age, so I'll talk informally."

He narrows his eyes. "I never said you could. I'm your sunbae." 

She ignores him. "Do you think I'm doing this show because I'm madly in love with you or something? Do I want to sit in front of the camera and do aegyo for some guy who I don't even know or care about? No. Why would I? I'm going to get called a , a , and a bunch of other things. But I understand this is work and I understand that the scriptwriters have worked on creating a script that would appeal to the public." 

"You're -- "

"That's right. I have no morals. I'm fake and artificial, okay? But, for someone that's supposed to be a sunbae, you don't even have basic respect for these people. That's even more pathetic than being fake like me." 

And with that, she walks away, ignoring the realization that she has to see him again at their next filming.

That is, if they have a next filming.

Their first episode is a hit. 

It gets some of the highest ratings that We Got Married has seen in a while, and tons of buzz online. Although both of their respective fans are still mad and complaining, the general public is actually intrigued and entertained by their pairing.

'G-Tae' is what people began to call them. People comment that they like how Jiyong wasn't completely taken by her at first sight, and how she was so cute for trying to get him to warm up to her the entire time.

Sunny texts her that she's jealous. Taeyeon wants to sock her in the face.

Because, although the high ratings and generally positive reactions make her pleased for Sooyoung's sake, she regrets a lot of the things that she's said...to a certain person...named G-Dragon.

Does she want to apologize? No...he was being awful.

But, is it because of him that they got high ratings? Yes, most likely...

Articles begin to pop up about how We Got Married has finally stepped out of their usual set-up, and although she hates to admit it, it's all because of G-Dragon ignoring the script.

She arrives at the filming location - a karaoke place - with dread. Her manager offers to accompany her inside, but she knows that he has other members to take care of, so she declines.

She's not a little girl. She's been in the industry almost as long as he has, and she can handle this properly.

When she gets to her makeshift waiting room, she expects to see a script waiting for her, but what greets her is one of the very giddy scriptwriters.

"Hello," She says, bowing politely. "Do you know where the script is by any chance?"

The scriptwriter giggles. "Ah, the PD-nim decided to get rid of scripts for your segments! After the reaction we got from your first episode, we decided it'd be better to go off of you and G-Dragon-ssi's chemistry. Of course, the interview segments will still be scripted, so don't feel too burdened."

Don't feel too burdened.

Were they kidding? She wasn't an actress! Last time, she barely managed responding to G-Dragon's ad-libs without completely melting down and stuttering. 

And now, they expect her to do that everytime they film?

God save her.

"Oh, I understand," Is what she actually responds instead, and it is as the scriptwriter leaves, that she sinks into the couch beside her in despair.

"Taeyeon-ssi, standby!" Someone calls out from outside the door, but it barely registers. Siting up like a zombie, she robotically makes her way onto the set, where the staff positively glow, no doubt, at the sight of their golden couple.

G-Dragon is already waiting for her when she gets there. This time, he's dressed a bit more casually - a loosely sized t-shirt, black jeans, and plenty of accessories around his neck and arms.

A stylist quickly runs in before they start filming to fix up their make-up and hair, and while one of them is dabbing at her cheeks, G-Dragon clears his throat and speaks to her.

"I'm...sorry about what happened last time." 

She stiffens. So...he did have a conscience.

"It's...fine," She replies slowly. "I was also rude to a sunbae. Both of us did something wrong, so let's just forget about it, hm?" 

"To be honest," He pauses, before the stylist finishes up with his hair and steps out from the set. "I wanted this show, our coupling, to fail so that I would be taken off this show. But, now that this has happened, I think I have no choice but to work hard, like you said." 

She opens to reply, but the PD begins to signal that filming is starting. So, instead, she puts on a perfect smile, and looks away. 

"Do you want to sing first?" She asks first, handing him the selection book. "I need time to think..."

He nods casually, and punches in a song number without even looking at the book. It's to her surprise when she looks up at the screen and sees 'Gee' flash across the screen.

"Really?" She says incredulously. "You're singing this?" 

"I have to win back points from my wife," He replies simply, picking up the mic. 

His rendition of 'Gee' is so ridiculous that she actually ends up laughing without even forcing herself. The scriptwriters and PD, likewise, seem to be pleased with the general atmosphere they have going.

When he finishes with a grin on his face, he hands the mic to her.

"Your turn."

When she has difficulty deciding on what to sing, he speaks up again. "Shouldn't you go with Big Bang? I just sacrificed my image to sing your song."

"Ah, I don't really listen to Big Bang's songs."

The words are out before she even has a chance to realize what the hell she's said, and she immediately freezes. From the corner of her eye, she can see one of the scriptwriters whisper something to the PD.

There is no way that they will edit this out.

She's done for. Not that she hasn't already suffered enough wrath from boy group fans already, but this comment will most likely skyrocket her up to #1 on VIP's most-hated female celebrities list, overtaking Komatsu Nana and Mizuhara Kiko.

"I didn't sing Gee because I liked it," G-Dragon, however, suddenly says. "I said it myself, didn't I? I have to win back points from my wife." 

His one comment brings the atmosphere back to its normal light-heartedness, and it's with comfort that she picks...DBSK's Mirotic to sing.

It's strange. They're in front of cameras and a huge group of staff members are watching them, but somehow, she can't remember the last time she's let go and sang like this, except with her own members. 

Singing things she liked, just for the heck of it, and not caring whether or not she sounded nice. These are not ballads that the company feeds her to make money. These are not drama OSTs that can be shipped off to different countries. 

This is just a karaoke place with a messed up machine - it gives her a 76 and Jiyong a 94 - and a guy who has simultaneously pissed her off and made her laugh in the quickest amount of time. 

And it's fun. So, so fun. 

When the PD yells out, "cut!", and the cameras switch, it's a snap back to reality. They are handed their scripts for the interview portions of the episode, and Taeyeon remembers that this isn't her playing around and letting loose with a (potential?) friend.

This is a show. She is an idol. And so is he.

 

The ratings go up yet again. More and more people are reacting positively to their coupling, and both of their companies are thrilled.

Of course, there are still fans that are upset, but she knows that there's nothing that can change their minds. She's simply happy for the fact that the show hasn't completely plummeted that she thought it would initially. In fact, the show seems to be doing wonders for both of their images, with CF offers and photoshoots coming in like crazy.

It should make her happy, but the extreme positive attention actually makes her uneasy. She hasn't been this adored by the public since her last appearance on We Got Married, and it took one single event to let all of that fall apart.

The same could happen this time around. And she has to avoid that at any cost. 

But things have never gone the way she's wanted.

She's on her way to a CF filming for a skincare brand when her manager hands her a slip of paper with a number on it. It's scrawled messily and she can barely make out the numbers.

"Whose number is this, oppa?" 

"Ah...G-Dragon." 

She coughs. "What? Who gave you this?"

Her manager turns around to give her a weary look.

"A scriptwriter. She says it's important for the two of you to communicate since there's no script on the show." 

"Kim Youngmin-sajangnim would kill me if he found out."

Her manager sighs.

"If you know, at least be careful with it."

Hi, G-Dragon...

She shakes her head, deleting the message.

Hello, G-Dragon-ssi, it's Kim Taeyeon, your WGM partner.

She slaps her forehead. Was she stupid? How would he not know that she was his WGM partner? 

Hello, Jiyong-ssi! :) This is SNSD's Taeyeon! How are you? -

Hello, GD-ssi^^ I got your number from a scriptwriter! That's not creepy, right? -

Hello - 

She grabs her head and groans. God, she was awful at this. How were you supposed to text someone that you knew...but also didn't really know...?

Virtual husband or not, G-Dragon was still her sunbae in the industry. Respect is vital. 

Hello, G-Dragon-sunbaenim. This is SNSD's Taeyeon! A scriptwriter gave me your number, so I hope it's not rude for me to text you like this. Since there is no script on the show, I think it's important that we keep in touch in order to at least generally plan what we will be doing on the show.

A reply comes in ten minutes.

Hello, Taeyeon-hoobaenim. This is Big Bang's Kwon Jiyong! Instead of calling me G-Dragon, Jiyong would be much more preferred. It's not rude for you to text me, but it's still annoying! And if there's no script on the show, I don't understand the point in planning anything out. You may contact me for other reasons, but if you start talking about the show, you'll be blocked!^^ 

Sunbae, my .

Their next filming is at a pitch-dark cafe, a location that has recently become quite popular on TV shows.

Personally, Taeyeon doesn't see the appeal. What's so romantic about sitting in pitch-black darkness with your significant other? Why would anyone opt to have a meal in the dark rather than in the light? Is there some sort of significant triumph that comes with successfully being able to eat and drink in the dark? 

In any case, it just isn't her thing. 

It seems like it isn't Jiyong's thing either, with the way he uncomfortably fidgets the entire time before filming.

After filming their interview portions - did you miss your partner over the week? how comfortable do you think you are now? yada, yada, blah, blah - they get seated into the cafe, which, wow, really is pitch-black.

"What are you going to eat?" She asks, as a server comes up to them. 

"I don't know...whatever."

He sounds distant, almost like he's spacing out completely, but who knows? Maybe he's just in a bad mood.

"We have a donkatsu set, a hamburger set, a hotdog set, and a shrimp bento box," The server says kindly. 

"I'll get the donkatsu set. How about you?" She says, turning her head to where she presumes Jiyong is.

There is no reply.

"Are you there? I'm asking what you're going to get." 

There's another moment of silence, and she begins to think that she's being pranked on the show or something, but he does reply, meaning he is, in fact, there.

"What? I'm fine with that."

She blinks.

"What?" 

She hears a staff member whisper at them fervently to hurry up, so brushing off Jiyong's weird attitude, she decides to just order for both of them.

"Can we have two donkatsu sets?" 

"Yes, of course. Any drinks?"

"Oh...just water is fine."

In only five minutes, their food arrives and she's grateful for something else to do. Any time she tries to begin a conversation about anything, Jiyong is either spaced out and does not reply, or he says something completely set apart from what she's been talking about.

Clearly, the staff is displeased with the way the shoot is going too, judging by the way they continuously cut in between filming, citing 'technical' issues - although everyone knows that it's because there's something clearly wrong with Jiyong.

In between one of their breaks, after their food has arrived, Taeyeon finds it in herself to ask him what's wrong.

"You're off today, sunbaenim."

He inhales quickly.

"Don't call me that. We're the same age, like you said."

"You're messing up the filming. I thought you said you'd work hard from now on," She stuffs a bite-sized piece of donkatsu into .

"...I don't like the dark."

She glances up, bewildered. Isn't he famous for going out at night and partying?

"How do you go to clubs so often?"

"There's lights there!"

"Barely!" 

He takes a deep breath. "In any case, I don't like being in complete darkness. It makes me uneasy."

Taeyeon rubs her forehead in exasperation. She can't ruin the filming, but she also can't tell Jiyong to simply get over it without really knowing why he hates darkness in the first place.

"Touch your foot to mine."

She hears him scoff.

"What kind of weird things are you - "

"No," She cuts him off with a scowl. "You said you're scared of darkness, but if you know that someone's there with you, doesn't it make you feel any better?"

He stifles a chuckle. "Yeah, and normally, people offer to hold my hand or something, not have my foot touch theirs."

"Why would I hold your hand?" She says incredulously. "Are we dating?" 

"You're my wife, technically."

"What is he saying?" She mutters under her breath, before letting a sigh.

Before they can continue speaking, the staff announces that they will be filming again. Fully prepared to at least make the broadcast interesting on her own, she's surprised when she feels a shoe up against the ankle of her leg. 

Grinning cheekily, she wants to say something to rub it in his face, but before she can even open , she feels a piece of donkatsu get shoved up against her lips, the sauce smearing against her chin.

"What the - "

"I'm feeding you, yeobo."

She clenches her jaw, before fixating a perfect smile on her lips.

"Ah, really? How sweet. Then one bite for me, and one bite for you!"

Trying to estimate wherever his face may be, she s her fork out, hitting, what she suspects to be, a chin.

"Yeobo, I haven't tasted any of the donkatsu since we've gotten here."

"Really? Then I'll have to feed you again..."

"Agh! Stop! That's my nose!" 

The ratings continue to rise.

She hasn't really been checking, but on the day that their fourth or so episode is aired, Jiyong texts her about it.

You're Korea's Beyonce, according to all the articles these days. 

She rolls her eyes.

And what? You're Jay-Z? Don't be stupid... 

Not a fan? How about Korea's Kanye and Kim, yeobo? 

She stifles a chuckle.

I'm Kanye?

Exactly. You catch on fast. Obviously, I have to be Kim.

She pauses.

Your isn't big enough to be Kim.

Their banter as a couple on the show continues.

An amusement park, a waterpark, a restaurant for their 'proposal' - the production staff is eager to film as many episodes as they can with them, especially considering how busy SNSD and Big Bang can get. 

And with every filming, it feels like she's actually getting closer to Jiyong.

Of course, he's not actually her husband or anything...that would just be weird. But, he is a pretty good guy to be around, considering how terrible their first impressions of each other had been.

She's never quite found herself being this comfortable with anyone except her own members.

None of her boyfriends or other male colleagues have really been this easy to talk to without her feeling like she was giving them the 'wrong' idea about something. And it helps that this past month has allowed her to find out a lot about Jiyong - more than she's ever expected to.

At the amusement park, Taeyeon discovers that Jiyong has a huge fear for rollercoasters. He visibly shudders at the idea of going on a rollercoaster with a loop, and she laughs her way all throughout the ride, as he screams from beside her.

At the waterpark, strangely enough, Jiyong has the most fun going on the waterslides. When she asks how he's not afraid of them, he looks at her as if she's stupid - "they're different!" 

At the fancy French restaurant in Cheongdamdong, where the staff informs them that they're going to be filming their proposal scene, Jiyong accidentally puts the ring on the wrong hand, and she has to physically pinch herself to stop laughing. 

The viewers generally seem just as pleased with their pairing as they have been before - but there's one complaint according to the staff.

"There's not enough skinship amongst you two," A staff member informs them carefully.

"You guys are entertaining enough, but at the heart of it, this is still a variety show about a married couple," the PD explains. "Try and add some more skinship in today, alright? It is the wedding episode after all..."

Taeyeon nods, sitting in her a wedding dress that feels much too awkward and poofy for her. Jiyong is beside her, dressed in a tuxedo, and he looks strangely serious. She decides to leave him alone until filming starts, in which they both stand at the altar.

"Do you, Kwon Jiyong, take Kim Taeyeon to be your lawfully wedded wife?" 

"I do."

"Do you, Kim Taeyeon, take Kwon Jiyong to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"It is my pleasure to pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

The original plan for the wedding that they discussed over text was for Jiyong to lift the veil and lean in just close enough so that it appeared as though he was kissing her, depending on the camera angle.

But just as Jiyong lifts the veil, Taeyeon remembers the complaint from the viewers and realizes that this scene cannot end like this. The viewers, after all, will not react well to a fake-out like this - especially since they're not a bunch of teenagers.

Grabbing Jiyong's wrist, in a leap of courage, she leans forward and pecks him on the cheek. When she returns back to her original spot, Jiyong's face is one of shock. 

She should feel proud of herself, but her heart suddenly sinks with dread, as if she's done something wrong. 

The PD pats her on the back when filming finishes, exclaiming about what a good job she's done, but when she calls out to Jiyong, he does not reply.

For many days after that, he continues that pattern of silence - refusing to answer her texts, unless it's strictly business-related. 

She can't explain why it hurts so much.

Although she would rather run halfway across the planet than see Jiyong again after all the texts she's sent to him, she has a job and at heart, she's a dutiful idol, so she grudgingly attends the next filming without making up an excuse.

Unfortunately, they're filming their honeymoon episodes this time around, so the two of them, along with the staff, are flying to Osaka, Japan.

Their schedules have otherwise been emptied in order to accomodate a five day trip in Japan, and while Taeyeon might've been excited about it just a few weeks ago, now it just feels like torture.

She's mostly spent the past week pondering over why on earth Jiyong was so mad about her kissing him on the cheek.

After all, like he had said before, they were playing a married couple. Most of the other pairings on the show had done more than just kiss each other on the cheek by their second episode - what was the big deal?

But then - she remembered.

The reason as to why Jiyong agreed to film We Got Married in the first place.

His girlfriend. Nana Komatsu. The dating scandal.

It makes sense. Of course! Any good boyfriend would want to avoid being affectionate with another girl, even if he was pretending for the sake of a show. 

What doesn't make sense is the tears that she sheds in her bedroom alone after realizing this fact.

The first three days of the trip are stiff and awkward. They walk around Osaka, eat at some famous food spots, and she tries her best to make the atmosphere as natural as possible.

In fact, she thinks that both she and Jiyong are doing a great job at playing their parts. The staff is thrilled and tells them that they expect these episodes to get even higher ratings than before. 

In front of the cameras, they're still that playful married couple that joke around with each other while still maintaining a level of intimacy. But as soon as the cameras are off, Jiyong immediately turns away from her and walks over to his stylist or manager.

It hurts more than she can imagine.

But she can't let it show. After all, she's a professional, right? And this is just a show. There's nothing official between them, so in reality, there's no reason why she should be sad about Jiyong acting this way.

This is probably what he wants. What her company wants. And what she should want.

So she pretends that nothing's wrong for the first two days. She keeps her sadness to herself, only letting it out when she's alone in her hotel room.

It's only on the second to last day in Osaka that she cracks. 

They're filming at a hot springs resort and eating dinner. Filming, just like any other day, goes smoothly. But as soon as the cameras are shut off and Jiyong gets up to avoid her again, she truly feels like she can't take it anymore.

Picking up the bottle of sake that had been set on the table for decoration more than anything, she angrily pours herself a glass and downs in it one shot.

Not a good idea, considering how much of a lightweight she is, but she's pretty much past the point of caring.

Her manager is off in Tokyo, picking up some things for the company, so there's really no one to stop her. A few staff members glance at her in concern as they clean up, but no one says anything, so she just keeps drinking.

Everyone leaves, in fact, without saying a single thing to her.

She hiccups, biting back tears.

She does a show that gets back her image and protects her bandmate from tarnishing her own, yet at the heart of it, she's more miserable than ever. 

All because of one guy.

Hasn't she learned from her previous mistakes!? Is she actually hell-bent on ruining herself and truly becoming a man-crazy hag with no care for rules? 

She reaches for the bottle again, ready to get herself drunk to hell, before she feels someone grab it out of her hands.

"Who is - "

She stops, mid-question, when she sees who it is.

Jiyong looks down at her with annoyance, setting the bottle aside, where she can't reach it.

"What are you doing?" He hisses."Are you crazy?"

Probably. 

She musters up her best glare. "Give me the bottle."

"You're going to cause trouble."

"I'm already drunk."

"So what? Should I keep letting you drink then?" 

She pouts, sinking down to the floor. "It's none of your business, sunbaenim."

He fixates a sharp look on her. "Oh, so it's back to sunbaenim now?"

"You must be happy, sunbaenim," She says, ignoring his question. "We're in Japan, your favorite place."

He furrows his eyebrows, crouching down beside her. He pokes at her forehead.

"What are you talking about?"

"You should go back to your room. It's getting late and - "

"No," He interrupts. "I want to know what you were talking about."

She feels anger bubble up in her chest again, and she turns to look at him straight in the eye. 

"Why do I have to respond to you when you ignore me as you please? I...I thought we were close, but after that time I kissed you on the cheek, you've ignored me!" She snaps. "Was me kissing you on the cheek that unpleasant? Did your girlfriend get mad after seeing it on TV? Or is it just that I'm the only one that got all excited and happy?" 

He stares at her, bewildered.

"Wha...what? What girlfriend?"

She scoffs. "Wow, look at you acting innocent. You don't know your own girlfriend? Nana Komatsu!" 

He stares at her for another moment, before bursting out into laughter. On behalf of everything that she's confessed, Taeyeon only feels herself getting angrier.

"Go back to your room already. I'm sick of talking to you."

She closes her eyes, pretending like she's going to sleep, when she feels a pair of lips ghost over her forehead. Immediately, the contact has her opening her eyes and bolting up.

"Wha...wha...what are you doing!?" She exclaims, a hot, red flush spreading over her cheeks.

He grins at her, before pinching her cheek.

"Sorry, but I don't have a girlfriend." 

She hates the way her heart begins to beat faster.

When she doesn't respond, he leans in close, letting his head rest against her shoulder. 

"I'm sorry for ignoring you, Kanye. It won't happen again."

Even in her own drunkeness, she realizes that this is not a good decision - whatever...this is.

Instead of confronting whatever happened the night before, it becomes Taeyeon's turn to run away.

After waking up and remembering everything that happened the night before, she wants to dig a hole and bury herself in it. But there's still another day of filming - thankfully, the last day - so as long as she's careful to avoid Jiyong during the breaks, nothing will happen.

Part of her brain says that she wants something to happen.

But the other, more logical, smarter side says absolutely not.

Their last day in Osaka is supposed to be spent at a beach. This is nice because it gives her plenty of reasons to avoid Jiyong during breaks - fixing up make-up, hair, etc.

This is bad because it means there's a lot of touching. And Jiyong is shirtless. And she's not a rock so it makes her feel things.

Especially after last night.

It surely doesn't help that Jiyong tangles his fingers with hers anytime the PD tries to talk to the two of them together. It takes all of her effort to maintain a straight face.

Filming goes well. She uses plenty of excuses to avoid Jiyong during the breaks and does all she can not to start smiling like an idiot when he touches her during filming. It proves difficult, especially when he lifts her up in the air by her waist, but she's hardened her face into something less emotional.

In fact, Jiyong doesn't appear to notice that something's off with her until she immediately sprints away to her stylist as soon as the PD yells that they're done filming.

"There's going to be a dinner party down in the hotel lobby," Her stylist says to her as she fixes up her hair. "You're coming, right? It's our last day in Japan after all..."

She laughs uneasily. "No...I'm tired. I think I'll just go up and rest. Tell PD-nim and the other staff members that I'm sorry."

Her stylist pouts. "It's not fun without our biggest star!" 

She brushes her comment off. "Don't worry! I wouldn't be much fun even if I went. Besides...G-Dragon-sunbaenim is still going to be there."

"Ah, you're right!" Her stylist exclaims, clasping her hands together. "I better get his signature! All this time, you've been filming with him, but I've been too scared to ask!" 

She smiles as her stylist continues to gush about Jiyong, feeling beyond relieved that whatever it is that she has with Jiyong will end shortly. This is their last day in Japan and once they go back to Korea, it'll be even easier to avoid him, despite them filming together.

Although her mind reminds her repeatedly about how this is the right thing to do, she can't help the way her heart sinks.

All of the staff members and their managers are supposed to be at this dinner party, so she's surprised when she hears knocking on her door at around 8 PM.

Thinking it to be her manager or stylist, she opens it without much suspicion. Her hair is still damp from a shower and she's wearing nothing but a loose t-shirt and sweatpants, but she's comfortable enough with them not to care.

Except...what greets her is not her manager or a stylist, but Jiyong himself.

"What..." She pauses, swallowing. "What are you doing here?" 

"Are you going to invite me in?" 

"Huh? No, I don't think that's a good idea!" She exclaims frantically. 

He rolls his eyes, and goddammit, how does he manage to look like...that? He's dressed casually himself - just a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt, but he looks like some model that's stepped out of a magazine.

"Everyone will hear us talking if you don't let me in."

She pales and opens the door wider.

"Then...please come in."

However, as soon as she shuts the door behind her, Jiyong suddenly presses her up against the wall, leaning in so close that she can see every feature on his face. 

"Wha - "

"Why are you avoiding me?" He says firmly. "Don't lie and say you haven't. You know you have. Is this some sort of revenge tactic against me for the time that I ignored you?" 

She stares at him in disbelief.

"Do I look like someone who would do that?"

"No, you don't," He says in frustration. "You're someone that's much more mature than I am, which is why I'm confused as to why I'm being avoided. What was yesterday about then?"

She looks away. "It was a mistake. I was drunk."

"You weren't drunk enough to not know what you were doing, Kim Taeyeon."

"I was drunk."

"Drunk enough to pretty much tell me that you like me?" 

"Don't misunderstand! We're just playing a married couple for the show," She snaps. "To me, this is business."

"You're lying."

She glares. "How do you - "

"I like you."

She freezes, her eyes widening in surprise. Jiyong simply stares at her, and she belatedly realizes that his hand is placed on her hip.

"You're crazy."

"I don't care. I like you," He repeats, leaning in close and kissing her on the forehead. Then, he kisses her cheeks, before moving onto her nose and her chin. She does nothing but stand there motionlessly, feeling as though her heart will beat out of her chest. She hates the expectations that come with what he's saying and doing to her. 

"Stop lying to me. Because I'm some man-crazy hag, you think that I'll just let you play around with me?"

He looks at her quizzically. "What? You're not a man-crazy hag. And I'm not lying."

She drops her gaze to the floor. "No, there's no way you like me. You're just playing around with me."

He rolls his eyes. "Then I'll just have to prove it to you."

In one fluid motion, he grabs the bottom of her chin and lifts her face up to his, dropping his mouth against hers. His mouth is hot against hers, and her hands reach up to press against his chest. 

When they break apart, Jiyong begins to softly press kisses against he neck and down to her collarbone, and as much as her mind is screaming at her to stop, his gentleness almost makes her want to cry.

When he finally does pull away from her, he tugs her by her hand to the bed, where he gently lays her down on the fluffy covers. Before she can say anything to him, he begins to kiss her all over her face again - from her forehead, to her eyelids, and down to her lips. 

"You're gross," She manages to say, as he nibbles at her ear.

She hears him laugh breathily. 

"Admit it. You like me."

"I detest you," She says instead, poking him in the ribs. 

He lifts his head up from her ear and grins down at her, and her heart swells with giddy happiness.

"But you're mine now," She finishes."You can't escape anymore from this man-crazy hag." 

He laughs and softly hits his forehead against hers.

"I-di-ot." 

She responds by pinching him on the arm.

"Just to let you know," She says, as Jiyong buries his face into her neck again. "There's still a lot of issues that we have to work through for this to work. I mean, filming this show will be difficult, first of all, and second of all, both of our companies will definitely throw a fit when they find out we're dating. Oh! And of course, our fans are going to kill both of us for - "

He cuts her off by pressing a hard kiss against her lips. 

"Shut up, Kanye."

So she does, as he continues to shower her with kisses all throughout their last night in Japan.

The worries and issues, she supposes, will have to come later.

A/N: Ahhh! It's here!

I'm not really too proud of this in terms of development, but I still find it somewhat cute and I was excited to write it, so I hope you enjoy anyways, despite my grammar errors and typos.

(P.S: Listen to Taeyeon's Starlight!!! Support my daughter!)