Fin

Now.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongup isn't weird.

He's just different.

He’s hard to figure out. Maybe it’s because I’m trying too hard to find out what’s running in his mind. He makes it hard not to wonder, so it's not my fault.

Even I'm not sure how it came to be between the two of us. We maybe alike, at first sight. Silent and reserved, we get that a lot from people when they see us. We weren’t all alike, though. He’s silent, I think, because he doesn't think much.

I am silent because I think too much. In that sense, we were polar opposites. We were opposites in many other ways too.

Not once had we had a proper date. They turned out fine at the end of the day, but they weren’t as smooth flowing as the books had said they would be. He chuckles saying I’m a hopeless romantic. I agree, somewhat.

It’s probably because I think too much.

Our dates are ruined almost everytime. It’s not easy when you have to play hide and seek with the crowd when you go out. Reservations work out most of the time, but he’s not happy with lunch and dinner in a fancy place where he has to mind his behaviour. I don't mind, though.

I’m still happy if all we do is binge watch broke girls on our couch.

What he says ‘let's go out’; he means walks in the park, hikes around mountain tops, theme parks, carnivals and camping. Those never go too well. It’s either him or me, pointed and screamed at. At first, I was understanding of the fact that they meant no harm. But it wasn’t so easy when it happens over and over.

Jongup is careless and I am scatter brained.

It was a weekend with snow starting. Jongup had insisted, and I never had the heart to turn him down anyway. He wanted to watch the river freeze; he said.

Against the observatory, we had absentmindedly kissed. His cheeks were red and the river was shining in gold. I snapped back when I heard someone shriek. By the time I turned to be found guilty, the couple were already leaving, quickening their feet.

Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter