001

Calle Siete
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 001

 

 

Two years ago…

 

I paced in my room a couple more times, rubbing my palms against each other and scowling at the ground.

 

Calm down, Jiyong… I thought to myself. Nothing would go wrong. Tonight would be perfect. I planned out everything from the least noticeable to the most important details so everything would turn out great. Calm down… She’ll say yes.

 

Kiko and I have been with each other for five years and we’ve been through a lot. She was with me during the bad and good times. She’s the one. I’m sure of it. And tonight would be the perfect night to seal the deal.

 

I know she’ll say yes, but why do I feel so unsettled? I sighed and raked my hair once. What the hell? I placed my palm against my chest. My heart was beating so fast, like it was threatening to jump out of my body. Nerves? Seriously, this nervousness I’m feeling is baseless. Kiko would say yes. No need to be nervous, man.

 

I raised my hand and looked at my watch. It was almost five in the afternoon and I needed to pick Kiko up from their house at 5:30. She thought that we were about to attend a charity event held by our family’s company, but the truth is I will be proposing to her. I’m about to propose! God, I have planned out everything myself but the thought of the two of us being together for the rest of our lives seemed too surreal. I still couldn’t believe it. Just five years ago, I was sitting at the back of her seat staring at the top of her head, too afraid to talk to her in fear of being turned down. And now… Now, just a simple yes from her and we’ll soon be married. It makes me so happy. Yes, Kwon Jiyong. You’re acting like a . I need to man up. She’ll say yes.

 

With that thought, I looked at myself in the mirror and fixed my necktie - a red one. I chuckled, shaking my head. If this wasn’t given by Kiko, I wouldn’t even think of wearing this. Smiling to myself, I took one last look and straightened. This is it.

 

I grabbed my cellphone and dialed her number. I had to tell her that I will be there earlier than what we planned yesterday. I couldn’t wait any longer for her to say yes.

 

But Kiko didn’t pick up. I got her answering message after the final ring, her soft y voice filling my ears, “Hi! It’s me, Kiko. Sorry I can’t talk right now. It’s either because my handsome Jiyong is being his naughty self, keeping me for himself and not letting me talk with anyone else or we’re both in the shower-“ I heard her giggle and I smiled-“so you know what to do! Beep me a message! And oh, if it’s you baby, I’m so sorry I can’t talk but hmm… You know where to find me!”

 

That was so y… I chuckled to myself and placed my phone on my ear again. “Hey babe, just wanted to tell you that I’m on my way. Love you.” I pressed the end button and placed my phone in my pocket. It’s time,

 

I walked out my room and skipped down the stairs fast, shaking my hands to calm myself and then jogged to my car. After checking myself one last time in the mirror in my car, I drove through the familiar road to my g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter