END

Talk To You

I wanna talk to you
talk to you talk to you babe
I wanna talk to you
talk to you talk to you
I just wanna talk to you
talk to you talk to you babe

너와 나뿐
But all I wanna do is talk to you

 

The club music was getting louder by the second. Everyone was losing themselves to the music tonight. I was no exception. I swayed slowly to the rhythm of the music. Fingers tapping; my body was flowing along. I was finally free. For so many months I have been trapped in a bad relationship.

I was finally moving on after so many difficulties. Soo Young stood next to me. She became my pillar of strength when Bora decided to leave to study. Honestly, I could never bear a grudge towards her but it was just too painful to live without her.

“You need to get laid.”

Hyoyeon announced to the whole wide world.

“Thanks for being so loud.”

“Nobody can hear me, Miyoung ah.”

“Shut up.”

Giggles could be heard and few smacking sounds came after.

“Ow. You don’t have to hit that hard.”

“Soo Young, you’re supposed to be my friend!”

“Hyoyeon is my girlfriend.”

“You evil couple.”

I rolled my eyes when they did their high-fives in front of me.  I ignored them and turned my attention to the crowd. Everyone was in high spirits. And I wouldn’t want to be a wet blanket; sulking in depression.

But I was not in the mood to dance so the couple left me alone. I was expecting my best friend. She promised she would spend the night wasting away with me.

“Tiffany!”

Speaking of the devil. She was struggling to get through the big crowd. She’s such a tiny person. I was so afraid she might get crushed to death or something.

“Sorry, I was late.”

She survived and soon stood next to me. She grabbed a bottle of Heineken from the tub. Soo Young had bought 30 bottles. Seriously, we would be wasted tonight.

“It’s okay. We have just arrived anyway.”

“How are you doing?”

“I’m fine.”

“Your heart?”

“I’m supposed I’d be fine.”

“Supposed? You ought to. Bora’s not coming home soon.”

I have a love-hate relationship with Taeyeon. She could be so blunt and so honest. Her words had no filter.

“I’m just being truthful.”

“Yes, I know.”

My mood turned desolate. I kept tapping my index finger on the tip of the bottle. Taeyeon knew she hit my raw nerve and turned her attention away from me. There were times we fought but not tonight.

I was not going down without a fight, at least.

-

The night was getting deeper. The R&B songs blasted on the background. Taeyeon had left me for some girl. The couple was still grinding with each other.

I sat quietly; my eyes wandered around.

Suddenly, at the corner of my eye, I spotted a tall silhouette looking into my direction. I was very sure that I was sitting all alone. But I looked over my left and right shoulder.

There was no one else but me. Was that person looking at me?

I tried to ignore her presence but there was something in her that prompted me to turn once again. There she was. She was still staring at me. Her eyes were fixated on me.

I felt goose bumps on my back. Those doe eyes were sensual yet gentle. There was just softness despite the creepy stare she was giving me. I wasn’t too sure if she was flirting but that shy smile at the end took me by surprise.

She was so darn cute.

Suddenly it became a staring game between us. I maintained my gaze at her; she would occasionally look elsewhere especially when her friends were talking to her.

Yes, she wasn’t alone. She had company just like me. But when she was left alone once again, her eyes fixed on me. I felt offended like as though she was invading my privacy; my space but yet I wasn’t feeling weird about it.

In fact, I kinda liked it.

I mean, it had been awhile since someone actually paid attention on me. After fifteen minutes of eye-flirting, she suddenly stood up from the tall stool. I was panicking. I was feeling anxious.

Suddenly she made her way through the crowd. We were two poles apart – her table was located at the end of the club. Nobody took heed of us as she glided through the crazy crowd. I could see my friends on the dance floor. I was glad that none bothered to look at me.

My heart was fluttering and my cheeks got really pink. She smiled. Suddenly someone grabbed hold of her arm. I giggled when she looked really pissed off with that someone.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to the counter bar.”

“What are you getting?”

“Probably ordering more drinks?”

“I thought you wanted to head home.”

“Jessica, the exit is the other way. Why would I walk through this crazy crowd just to get home?”

“Wait, you don’t drink.”

“You do.”

“Do I sound drunk?”

“I think you’re lost. Yuri’s over there.”

That some girl was pouting her lips and I felt green. Why was she pouting in front of her? Who the hell she thinks she was?

And why am I having these crazy thoughts? Who am I in the first place to feel jealous over that girl?

 I gotta snap from reality. When I looked up, the intruder was missing. She was heading towards a certain tanned girl. Good grief, both were equally gorgeous.

But even before I could react to anything, she stood next to me. I could feel her impending presence as I slowly turned to look at her. She was standing and I was sitting on the high stool.

That didn’t make sense. Why was she still taller than me despite that?

Nevertheless, I looked up.

My.Dear.God.

How could one look so beautiful under these dim lights?

Her beauty shone so brightly despite the damn blinding lights around the club.

“Hi.”

She greeted softly.

“Hello.”

I tried to sound smooth. Damn my quivering voice.

“Do you wanna dance?”

I’m not a dancer. I don’t really dance in the public.

I look like a duck if I do.

But her voice was enchanting. She put me into a trance and I put my hand out.

Her smile was persuasive.

-

We were on the dance floor. We stood in the middle. And I was only looking at her.

There was no exchanging of words. She took my hand; pulled me to the dance floor and bravely put her arms around my waist. I was induced to put my hands around her neck.

Her doe-like eyes were still staring at me.

And the music has changed its tempo – it was a slow R&B.

The intimacy was too much for me but yet I didn’t want to stop. Her face was up close to mine and I could look at her properly.

She was perfect.

Her skin was flawless. Her white porcelain skin really shined so brightly. I was brave enough to lean closer. She, too, pushed herself against me. I could smell the vanilla scented perfume that she wore and her sweet minty breath.

God, I was crumbling inside. She was melting me with just her presence. And before I knew it, she was leaning so close; too close that it was torturing for me.

I wanted to kiss those tender lips. I really wanted to.

“You’re so beautiful.”

She whispered softly.

Her alluring voice was reeling me in.

“You’re equally beautiful too.”

She smirked when I trembled as she ran her fingertips down my arms. That tantalizing shockwave feel seeped into my skin and I was hypnotized.

“God, you’re the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on.”

“Stop talking like that. You’re .”

“You’re not alone.”

I swallowed hard. God, she was outright flirting with me. And I let her.

Sheesh. What was I getting into? Who was this mysterious beautiful woman?

She made me feel bothered.

She made me feel hot.

I really wanted to kiss those promiscuous lips.

Then it happened.

She kissed me without my permission.

-

Her lips. Wow her lips.

Her eyes were closed.

Her palms caressed my sides.  

My skin melted like butter.

“You taste so sweet.”

She whispered. Our foreheads met. She was gazing into my eyes.

SOS. I was trapped in her universe.

“Who are you?”

She asked as her lips were busily grazing my neck.

“I – My name is Tiffany.”

I was almost breathless. I couldn’t handle her touches.

“Tiffany, you’re like a cotton candy. You’re so sweet. Can I sink my teeth in?”

My knees buckled. She was such a turn on.

“You’re already doing that.”

“I might do more but this is our first time knowing one another. It seems almost rude.”

Right. You’re busy doing me. How rude can that get?

I didn’t say it out loud. Because I didn’t want her to stop. I don’t give a if she was going to be rude or even rough with me.

I’d give my everything to her.

Bora wasn’t even close.

God, this wasn’t me. This was definitely not my style.

“Shall we stop?”

“Why?”

“Let’s get to know each other more.”

“Will there be more after this?”

She smiled as she pulled apart. Her palms caressed my cheeks lightly before she cupped them gently.

I just wanna talk to you. From the moment you came through that door; from that second I caught your eyes and from this time right own; I just wanna talk to you. I wanna memorize everything of you.”

She spoke softly.

She was so gentle.

Why? Why was she so gentle?

My heart has fallen now.

“So what do you want to know about me?”

She took my hand and balled into a fist. She held on tightly and I could feel the warmth seeding from her depth.

God, she was so protective of me.

She walked me over to my table. She sat me down before settling down in front of me. Her eyes were only on me; nobody else and nothing else.

My hand was still in hers. She didn’t let go.

My friends finally took notice of me. Soo Young and Hyoyeon were raising their thumbs up and Taeyeon was smirking from where she stood.

I stuck my tongue out before turning my attention to this wonderful woman in front of me.

“So, shall we talk?”

-

She’s a journalist.

In precise, she’s a war journalist.

She goes around the world to get the first exclusive news of the wars happening at the moment.

It seems dangerous but listening to her animatedly explaining her job scope; I find it fascinating and extremely interesting.

She has done a couple of interviews with some presidents and generals from USA. In fact, she has just gotten back from USA after an exclusive interview with President Barrack Obama.

She even took a photo with him.

And she’s younger than me; a year younger. But she seems so matured. And she has good manners; very gentleman type.

We managed to get out from the club and headed to a nearby coffeehouse. I left a message for my friends and she did the same to her although we bumped into the same girl who knocked into her earlier on.

“That was Jessica. She’s one of my best friends. Her girlfriend, Yuri is the closest to me. I share everything with Yuri.”

She seemed nervous when she hurriedly explained.

“Why are you telling me this?”

“You’re jealous.”

God dammit. How could she see right through me on the first meeting?

“I’m a journalist. I can read people.”

“Great, what did I get myself into?”

She smirked.

“You have gotten the best of the best.”

“You’re too confident.”

“Don’t you like me that way?”

I knew I was blushing. My cheeks were warm.

“What makes you think that way?”

She leaned closer and whispered in my ears.

“Because if not, I won’t be here talking to you.”

Crap.

She’s too good.

-

“So did you get laid?”

Sheesh. My friends can be a douchebag sometimes.

“No, we had a good night though.”

“Not getting laid and you’re saying you had a good night?”

Taeyeon was sitting next to me. Soo Young was busily eating Hyoyeon’s apple from .

“She’s not that kind. We just spent time talking.”

“Talking?”

The three goons echoed together.

“Yup and the most we did was kissing. I’m sure you saw last night.”

I rolled my eyes when the three of them were grinning stupidly at me.

“Hyo, you look like a grinning retard, by the way.”

“You can curse and swear at me, Miyoung but I know you’re clearly moving on after tonight.”

I smiled and nodded sheepishly.

“Yes, I did. I mean, she’s so smooth. She’s so easy to talk to and the most important is, she takes her time to listen to me.”

-

Last night was splendid. We shared a lot. She shared her experiences and I really love the way her lips curled into a smile and how she would grin from ear to ear.

She was so playful. And she declared that she was childish.

I can see that. But I like that on her.

“You prefer immature and childish women?”

“No, I didn’t mean that.”

“But you said you like me being childish.”

“It suits your personality.”

She frowned before her cheeky grin re-appeared once more.

“See, there you go.”

“What? What did I do?”

“Your cheeky smile, it’s a turn on.”

I bit my tongue after that. She was grinning like a Cheshire cat.

“Cut it out.”

She was making me red.

“I like it when you blush.”

Her right palm gently cupped my left cheek.

“And your pretty eye-smiles are just so perfect for you.”

She gave me a small peck on my lips. A shock wave ripped through my body system. It was electrifying.

“So you’re a lawyer.”

“Yes I am.”

“Attorney Tiffany Hwang?”

Good grief. Stop calling me like that.

“I’m a criminal lawyer.”

“Fiesty. You must be a hardcore.”

“A what?”

“Usually female lawyers dealing with criminals are seriously firm and stern. They work their way like magic while handling tough jerks like that.”

“So do you think I’m firm and stern?”

She laughed before winking her eye at me.

“You’re a softie inside but a hardball on the outside.”

. HOW DID SHE KNOW?

“You’re the type I like.”

“Huh?”

“Tiffany Hwang, I swear to God. I’m falling straight into your heart.”

Vice versa, my sweetheart.

-

Kim Taeyeon knows her. She’s the new colleague who has joined her firm. Kim Taeyeon works as an editor.

She’s popular.

She’s a well-known journalist.

Everyone knows her name.

Her name is Im Yoona.

“She’s really good at what she does. She has received many awards for her courageous reporting.”

I smiled proudly, like as though she’s already mine.

Well, technically, she has, in my dreams.

“Wow, so Miyoung’s girlfriend is famous!”

“She’s not hers yet.”

Soo Young had to open her big mouth.

“Shut up.”

“Why don’t you confess to her?”

“Are you crazy? I don’t really know how to court.”

“Learn then.”

I rolled my eyes at Soo Young.  The couple was teasing me but Taeyeon was keeping her silence. For some reason, Taeyeon never liked my ex-girlfriends before.

And I never knew why. I was shrugging off my thoughts of Taeyeon when suddenly Hyoyeon said something.

“Well, well, look what we got here.”

Hyoyeon was nudging her girlfriend. Both Taeyeon and Soo Young looked up. I followed through. We were sitting around at a cafe when someone familiar came with a bouquet of flowers.

She.

She came.

But how?

I didn’t tell her anything.

“She asked me so I told her.”

Taeyeon spoke up. She must have seen my face.

“What exactly did she ask?”

Soo Young was grinning at me.

“She asked if Tiffany’s here.”

“Of course she’s here. Aren’t you excited my friend?”

Soo Young poked my sides. I poked her back.

And I was nervous.

Why did she look for me?

“Hi ladies.”

She smiled. The girls greeted her. And then she turned to me.

“Hi Tiffany.”

I was speechless. I just stared blankly at her.

“This is for you.”

“Thank you.”

There was a second of silence when she smiled and said something.

“I wanna talk to you.”

You can have all the time, baby.

I’m right here for you.

-