The blood lusts

When the night falls

Read the warning.

 

-----------

 

The smell of blood.

It was everywhere and it was getting closer to me.

I can feel it.

I can feel my teeth sharpened on their own, as if they have the ability to predict what is coming next.

I can feel my claws, though was short to begin with, lose their patience in waiting as they could not help but to scratch roughly along the dirty ground in front of me, piling those dark brown dirt under my nails every single time.

What is going on?

I can feel my body changing, aching to be closer to anything with a beating heart.

My white dress that I wore to my sleep that night now was visibly stained all over the soft clothing as I lay down flat on the surface of the earth, unable to move my other limbs despite of the confusing hunger I clearly feel beneath my throat, my nose breathing deeply, so deeply, with every breath I took, with every pumping of my pair of lungs, I moved the dust away from my own sweaty face.

It was dark.

I was used to this kind of darkness but the eerie silence that engulfs me like a warm blanket would to a new born baby, it comforts me even, it soothes me, and it awakes me.

An unfamiliar thought to be accompanied with as long as I can remember for the past 20 year’s life of my youth.

I can hear myself growl, growing from deep within my own stomach and mouth, my teeth lashed upon each other and my lips dried, hurting myself whenever I gasped for air every now and then.

It was dark but I can see clearly what was around me, as if someone is shining the light towards the space directly in front of me.

My ears twitching eagerly, looking for just a tiny bit source of sound I could find, at the same time muting those millions other sounds made by the invisible animals and plants.

My sight intensifies, my hunger intensifies, my strength intensifies but my ears, they are oddly silent, quiet.

I can hear the faint heartbeats.

Dub dob, dub dob, dub dob.

At first, I thought it was mine, those rapid beating hearts making huge thumps against the shells of my own eardrums.

But it wasn’t mine.

It was not.

It was too small, it was almost inaudible. Almost.

My hands shook vigorously in anticipations and I tensed my muscles on my arms, enough to support my small thin body up and away from the slightly wet ground.

And I kneeled, my knees made contact with the cold uneven surface and I flinched instantly.

Where am I?

I was scared; that I know.

My eyes frantically moved up and down and sideways, wanting to go home.

I was scared but the heartbeat I was hearing now changes, it changes its patterns, it changes in tempos, it changes its volume.

Some are small yet the others are loud, and my uncontrollable hunger returns practically immediately.

This is not mine.

The heartbeats are not mine.

I opened my mouth slightly, letting the warm air out of my body, making white mists as they met with the low temperature of the air particles of the wind.

It was cold.

The wind blows over my head dries my blonde hair as it covers half of my face away from the under the night sky.

It was cold, but I cannot seem to feel the pain of being one.

Numb. I am numb.

I was not scared anymore.

I was emotionless.

I looked up and face the dark roof of the evening, counting the stars along as I moved my eyes across.

The sound of the heartbeats return; much faster and louder this time around.

I cannot control myself anymore.

I wanted to run towards them.

I wanted to make them stop.

I wanted to hunt them.

Let them die in my arms, let them be remembered as my meals, let their stories be stolen and disappeared out of the thin air.

I wanted to kill them.

What is happening?

I saw a puddle of water in front of me as I tilted my head lightly to the left, suddenly curious with my own appearance. I rose up from the soft ground and made my way slowly towards it.

The moon lightened up the narrow paths as I walked through; every step I made, I can hear the squelchy sound of the land below my feet as they sunk inevitably within, making it harder and harder for me to pull each of my foot up in order to advance forward until I reached the small pool, finally after it felt like hours past.

To be absolutely honest, I couldn’t remember anything.

I couldn’t remember what time it was, what day it was and where she was at that moment.

And I still don’t know long has she’s been laying there helplessly all by herself; finding all these odd feelings as if it was my first discovery ever, as if I was being reborn again.

Where is home, really?

My thirst deepened but I ignored my inner voice that constantly insisted me to catch the heartbeats away but instead, I stared down upon the unflinching flicker of the water.

My reflection was so clear to my eyes and memories. I can see my pale skin of my face, my pale lips planted just below my nose and both of my upper teeth at each side of my mouth appeared longer than I remembered them as.

Curious; I ran my tongue over my canines and hissed upon receiving the pain the sharp tooth made against my red coloured muscle of my mouth.

But the most shocking part was not only seeing the presence and the oddities of my canines, but rather the colour of my eyes.

My eyes – darkened as the seconds ticked by.

The white sclera absence from my used to be normal windows of soul, now just painted with intense black and not a single colour can be seen amongst them.

It scared me.

It made my eyes look vicious; I looked… different. The veins around my eyes bulged strongly as it scarred my face mercilessly, mapping my face elegantly; those blue and red veins…

What is happening to me?

But before I could comprehend further, all of the sudden I can hear an impulsive shriek, a scream that pierced through my souls and minds.

I snapped my neck up, detecting any noises that can be heard along the darkest forest embracing my presence, encouraging even to find the poor living human sensed by my own instinct.

And I ran.

I ran fast.

My feet moved over each other, forward, step by step and sometimes as if I can feel my feet flying, hovering, and leaving the safe ground below, as I jumped 10 steps ahead with ease.

I was fast.

I can feel the energy inside me grew and the wind caressed me, sliding backwards onto my cold skin.

Pain.

That was odd.

I felt pain.

I wanted to stop myself, I wanted to crush my body against the ground hard but I couldn’t.

I can hear the voice screaming inside my head, echoing the desperation around, dancing around in my conscious mind but my body has its own idea instead; ignoring my command to stop.

I can see the girl ahead of me, the fear in her eyes as she looked at me, so clear as it invaded my memory right away; her hands shook in front of her, frantically waving her presence away, and hoping… praying to be left alone.

Her voice wavered with her breath, scared to raise her feminine, soft yet trembled tone, not wanting to offend and inspire the obvious beast standing tall, glaring her down opposite of her.

“Please…” the woman said.

I can hear her but my mercy deafened by time.

“Please… don’t kill me…”

‘Please don’t kill her’, I begged to myself.

But I took a step forward nevertheless, making my way towards the delicious treat now crawling itself under the huge and clearly damaged carriage.

And I smiled involuntarily.

This was like a game to me as I smiled seeing the life of the woman flashes across my dark eyes.

“There’s no way to run, my dear…” I can hear myself sings lowly.

This is not me.

The girl whimpered, her heartbeats raised but her movement stopped, as she curled herself up into a tiny ball, knowing that her life would end in a few moments time.

And it did.

The beast can hear the bones crashing on each other, the skin tear themselves away from each other, the red flesh smells absolutely delightful and tastes absolutely famish as it made itself under my sharp teeth and tongue, slurping the thick blood slowly from the tiny vessels and I can feel my own veins dilated in excitements.

These addicting feelings…

I wanted more.

I wanted to kill more.

I wanted to taste more.

I wanted to eat more.

I am getting stronger.

Every part of the girl, not once left wastefully.

I my fingers leisurely as I closed my eyes and gasped in satisfactions.

I wiped my mouth clean with my arm and my legs moved on their own towards the lit village not far from the horror scene I abandoned a few seconds ago.

I am a monster.

Fear me, as much as I fear myself.

 

-------------------------------

 

“Unnie.”

No movement, no reply. Not a single breath.

“Unnie.” She repeated, confused with the unflinching woman sitting across her, her back facing her and her hands gripped tightly at the edges on each side of her bark bench.

“Moonbyul.”

“Hmm?”

She sighed, relieved to be graced once again with the attendance of the woman.

“It is time.”

“I am aware.”

She took a step forward, the wooden floor creaked loudly beneath her feet and her eyes twitched lightly, not really in favour with the tiny yet high sound it made just now.

“Shall we go?”

The still sitting blonde hummed lowly as her head twisted to her right; though not directly staring at the other presence in the room, but she still can feel the cold attention of the leader towards her and she shivered in return.

“Yes, we don’t want them to be waiting, now do we?”

“The others might disagree with your politeness there.”

The woman smirked.

“They have never really agreed with anything that is related with peace.”

“Nor have your father.”

“Enough Seulgi.”

The clear warning behind her command was enough to shut closed almost instantaneously as she dropped her head down, asking for the woman’s compassions as she knows she has crossed the line this time.

“Forgive me.” Her voice firmed but she knows the woman can sense her full regret and fear for her own life even from a far distance. “I did not mean to offend you.”

“You do not need to apologize, my friend.”

“Still…” She raised her head slowly before letting out a soft laugh alongside. “I’m sorry, for bringing your father into this conversation. That was unnecessary of me.”

The woman stood up as she twisted her body around, facing her and her red eyes glow brightly in amusements.

If before her presence was nothing but heavy darkness and a threat even; this time, feeling the woman’s eyes upon her made her bow her head again, much more deeper than the previous ones, refusing to see the eyes of the grace herself.

“Then, we shall go.”

“We shall, your highness.”

 

-------------------

 

p/s: Okay, I'm sorry but I'm still doing "Aiming for the moon", no worries :D but I can't just get this out of my mind so I 'm going to give this a try. No promises that I will upload this as much as I will with the "Aiming for the moon" because I feel like I need to finish that one first XD but who knows? If you guys like this one... haha

and waah, look at the tags! I don't know what pairings I'll do with this one, we shall see :p

I hope you enjoy this one as much as I enjoy writing them; it's my first time trying out this genre.

Do comments what you guys think and thank you for your support! <3