Of Best Friends and Confessions

Parks, Tickles and Confessions

A/N: I'm sorry this is so crappy, lol. If you notice any mistakes, please let me know. Again, constructive criticism and requests are welcome.

---------------------------------------------------------


         You are not happy. Your best friend, Kathleen, is gay. However, that's not what you are upset about. You have no problem that she's gay; it's the fact that she's gay for you. You've been straight and slightly aual all your life and you haven't had any doubts about your uality. Kathleen had been acting a little off for months now, but you, being the oblivious idiot you are, didn't realize it was because your best friend of ten (going on eleven) years had a crush on you. 
      "Kathy..." You trailed off, pinching the bridge of your nose. She avoided looking at you, opting instead to look at her scuffed up Vans. 
      "I know, I know. You don't like me like that. I've come to terms with it." She said softly, offering up a weak smile. Your heart clenched at that. You hated making her sad, but you couldn't help it. Besides, you already had a crush on someone, a guy. Sure, you might not ever actually end up dating him, but hey - there's nothing wrong with admiring from afar. 
     "Kathleen, you know I love you. But-"
      "But you are extremely straight for Kim Namjoon." Kathleen interjected with a teasing smile despite her watery blue eyes. Kathleen is not originally from South Korea. She moved from America to Seoul when she was six and you were five. Back then, she was taller and had been up until you were about thirteen and she was fourteen. You hit a growth spurt and she...had not. 
      You shook your head, baffled at Kathleen's ability to shake off her pain and make fun of you. She smirked at you, but as she looked over your shoulder, her eyes widened. 
       "(Y/N)," she stuttered in a whisper, "Speak of the devil-!"
        "(Y/N)! What a surprise to see you here!" A ridiculously deep voice came from behind you. You froze. You knew that voice. It was-
       "Hey, Namjoon!" Kathleen said brightly, all evidence (except for her bloodshot eyes that made her blue eyes bluer) that she had been crying were gone. You turned to see your crush grinning brightly. 
        "Hey, Kathleen! What are you guys up to?" He asked, draping an arm around both your shoulders, pressing close. A shiver ran down your spine at the contact. Kathleen shot you a side glance and winked. 
        "My older brother and I actually have plans today, so I was on my way there." She lied, pulling away after giving him a quick hug. 
        "Oh, that's too bad." Namjoon replied in a strange tone. You shot your traitor of a best friend a panicked look. She smiled at you kinda sadly, but she mouthed, go for it, I'm fine. 
       "You guys can still hang out though," Kathleen said, walking backwards, "See ya later!" She yelled, running away. 
       "That's a great idea!" Namjoon cried, pulling away. Your whole side and shoulder where he had touched felt cold. 
        "I'm sorry, what?" You questioned. You were too lost in planning how to kill your best friend. Namjoon rolled his eyes and smiled, dimples flashing. 
         "We should hang out today." He answered, punching your arm gently. You faked a pout and wailed. 
      "Oh, Namjoon! Why do you hurt me so?" You sobbed, pretending to swoon. Being the charming sweetheart that he is, Namjoon reached to catch you. Being the clumsy God of Destruction that he is, he failed. Miserably. With a thud, you landed on the park grass with Namjoon on top of you and he managed to knock your foreheads together on the way down. 
       "Ow," you both cried simultaneously. You pouted for real this time and rubbed your forehead. 
       "Joonie, that hurt." You whined, not even lying. He winced and chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. 
      "Ah, sorry (Y/N)-ah." He apologized sheepishly, a blush coloring his cute, puffy cheeks. You giggled at his expression, covering your mouth with your hand. 
      "What are you laughing at?" He demanded defensively, mock offense taking the place of the sheepish blush. You shook your head with a shrug and a grin. 
      "Nothing, Joonie." You answered innocently. Which is kinda true; you weren't really laughing at anything in particular. Just how cute Namjoon's destructive nature was and the aftermath. He narrowed his eyes at you. And then he smirked. Oh no
       "I guess I'll just..." He raised his hand threateningly and your eyes widened, "Tickle the truth out of you!" He exclaimed, his hand descending on your ribs mercilessly. You screamed with laughter and writhed underneath him, giggling wildly. 
        "J-Joonie! Joonie, p-please!" You sputtered in between giggles, your cheeks flushed bright cherry red. 
       "Tell me what you were thinking about!" 
        "Never!" You cried, attempting to hit him. However, since you're human and you need air to breathe and laughing takes a lot of that air, you quickly gave up. 
        "Fine! I'll tell you!" You screamed, your lungs burning. You had laughed so hard tears had started stream out of your eyes. As you calmed down, Namjoon cupped your face with his warm hands, gently rubbing away your tears. At the intimate gesture, your breath hitched, eyes widening. You'd never seen Namjoon look at you like this before. So sweet, so tender...could he?
       "You. I was thinking about how cute you were." You muttered with sudden, fleeting confidence. You avoided his eyes. You felt Namjoon shift slightly and you suddenly remembered that A) this looked very intimate, B) you are still very much in public and C) there are people literally everywhere. Your eyes widened and you pushed at Namjoon's shoulders roughly, trying to get him off of you. He looked confused and hurt, but as he opened his mouth to speak, you beat him. 
      "Kim Namjoon, this a park with children and this position is not exactly innocent." You hissed, finally shoving him off of you. You sat up and rubbed your face, glancing at Namjoon. You laughed because his face was ridiculously red and embarrassed. Forgetting your own embarrassment, you snickered. 
     "Shut up!" He hissed, shoving you slightly. You full on laughed, but your face and stomach still hurt from the last laugh attack, so you stopped quickly. You looked over at Namjoon and you found him smiling softly at you. You coughed and blushed. 
      "Don't look at me like that," you grumbled, playing with your fingers. You heard him scoot closer, his body heat causing your whole body to heat up. 
      "Like what?" He questioned softly, teasingly, tilting your face up by your chin. You scowled at him playfully. 
      "Like...that!" You huffed, gesturing at his face. He laughed at you and winked. 
       "Would you rather me look at you like...this?" He snickered, making a silly face. You giggled and shoved him gently. 
        "Joonie, you're being cheesy!" You whined, covering your face. Namjoon grabbed your hands gently and pulled them away from your face. 
        "(Y/N)...I like you." Namjoon confessed, smiling a little. Your jaw dropped. Your thoughts were racing, your heart pounding. He actually likes me back? You thought. 
       "(Y/N)?" You heard Namjoon call uncertainly, his face uneasy. You blinked once, twice. 
       "Oh! Yeah, I like you too you pabo." You said, finally answering Namjoon's unanswered question. He broke out into a dimples smile and hugged you, kissing your hair. You hugged him back tightly, burying your nose into the crook of his neck. You didn't care that you were still on the ground or that people were staring at you funny. You had Namjoon. You had your best friend. And things were gonna be ok.