Chapter One

Um, you are?

Taehyung didn't hate his job. He didn't exactly love it either but, the hours were flexible, allowed him to build some kind of income for himself while he studied and hand over his portion of the rent for the shared house he lived in. 

 

He wasn't really sure why he applied there, if he even remembered applying there. As soon as he moved to Seoul, he began throwing out his CV everywhere that would take ithe lost count of how many jobs he applied for. His house-mates had thought he was crazy, constantly typing away on his phone or laptop, making small noises of interest before adding another email address to his 'keep an eye out for' list. 

 

So when he got an interview and a position, he shocked all of them by bursting through the front door, yelling happily to himself that was 'independent.' 

 

"And here I was thinking we had the quiet, talks to no-one type." Jungkook had muttered from behind his book to which Jimin hit his leg. 

"Well, I for one am glad, I'm happy for you Taehyung!" He yelled, standing up and meeting the younger in the middle to hug him. 

"Great..." Jungkook mumbled before curling up more, eyes trained on his book.

 

Taehyung had learnt how to get on with the other two pretty well. They were a couple that denied being a couple who came from Busan together. Jungkook had been pushed forward a few years due to his intelligence and Taehyung had marveled at that, he barely survived not being pushed back a year. Jungkook was studying music, Jimin was studying dance and they were both sat eyes wide, mouths agape when Taehyung told them he was studying photography. He couldn't understand why initially, but they both said that he had the looks to be on the other side of the lens, which Taehyung had ducked his head at and tried to stop the conversation. 

 

"Jungkookie, I'm heading home soon can you and Jiminie wait like, thirty minutes? Please?" He whined down the phone, crouched into a dark corner of the stockroom as to not be caught. 

 

"Thirty minutes? Really Taehyung? Fine, though you have to pay." Jungkook spoke with a slightly tired voice and Taehyung silently whooped. He heard Jimin agree in the background and quickly wrapped up the call, happy he'd talked  the two into waiting to order takeaway, he was craving something cheap and greasy, preferably pizza, maybe curry. 

 

Shaking his head from the thoughts he stretched his arms above his head and entered the shop floor again, smiling at a customer he surprised. 

 

"Taehyung, can you go make sure the kitchen area is sufficiently stocked?" His manager called out and Taehyung spun on his heel, already heading in the direction with a loud yell of 'On it!'.  

 

He did enjoy the shop, it was an odds and ends, majority of everything and anything sort of shop. From art supplies to furniture to bathrooms, to lights to paint, to mirrors to pictures, to kitchen-ware to garden accessories. And he found it interesting, the amount of people that would come in and ask for different products. 

 

He was happily scanning the shelves, stopping every now and then to re-adjust a display or move something back to where it should be when something caught his eye. 

 

At the end of the aisle in the outdoor furniture section, he could see a man curled up on his side on a small inflatable circle bed. Taehyung laughed and finished sorting out the aisle before approaching the man. 

 

"Hello sir, ho-" His voice got caught in his throat as he realized the mans eyes were closed. He was asleep. Taehyung blinked and waved his hand in front of the strangers face for a few seconds before sighing and looking around. The other employee on shift was busy serving and he couldn't see his manager anywhere. 

 

"Do you make it a habit to wake people up?" A rough voice asked and Taehyung felt his heart jump out of his body. He looked back down, eyes wide and bulging, to see the stranger had sat up and was watching him with a careful, but tired, gaze.  

 

"I um... No, but do you urh, do you make it a habit to fall asleep in the middle of shops?" He asked carefully, face relaxing as the stranger shrugged and stood up. 

 

"Things comfortable." Was all he offered and Taehyung noticed he was considerably shorter than him. In a cute way.  

 

"Well I guess that is true. But urh, back to my initial question, do you need any help with anything?" Taehyung asked carefully and the stranger just blinked before looking around. When his eyes landed on Taehyung for the first time, properly and mind less clouded with sleep, he let a small smirk pull up one side of his mouth. 

 

"Yeah, I need to find a picture for my apartment. Something horrible." He spoke clearly and Taehyung laughed before gesturing for the stranger to follow him and leading the way. 

 

"Why something horrible? Got bad interior already?" He asked as he turned a corner. 

 

"Nope, the interior is wonderful. Just my flatmate is determined that nothing in the flat represents him so I thought hey, I'll find something I can't stand the sight of and put that up, keeps him happy." Taehyung's eyes widened at the strangers statement and he whipped around, only to find amused eyes watching him, to which he burst out laughing. 

 

"Oh my god, that's a brilliant idea!" He exclaimed. 

 

It took twenty minutes for the stranger to find a picture 'horrible' enough for his liking. Taehyung had smiled when the shorter had picked out a relatively nice painting, realizing then that it was definitely representative of the friends tastes, just not the strangers. 

 

He rung the order through the till and smiled when he handed over the change. 

 

"Well, have a good evening." Taehyung spoke happily and the stranger nodded. 

 

"You too." He smiled, a cute smile that showed his gums and Taehyung felt his heart flutter. He stared at the spot in front of the register for a few minutes before his manager came over to tell him his shift was over, to which he all but ran out of the building and back to his dorm. 

 

Taehyung would be lying if he said he hadn't hoped to see the stranger again. He'd be lying if he said he hadn't suddenly changed his favourite colour to mint blue. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't surprised to find the stranger sat cross legged on the wall in the parking lot of his shop. 

 

"Hey, how'd your friend like your picture?" Taehyung called out, cursing himself for not thinking things through as he ran over. The stranger looked up and raised an eyebrow and Taehyung froze mid-step, turning to go back into the shop to save himself the embarrassment of the stranger telling him that they weren't friends. 

 

"Taehyung where are you going?" The stranger spoke from a lot closer than before and placed a hand on the tallers shoulder. Taehyung just turned, eyes blinking as he pointed to himself. 

 

"How do you...?" He trailed off, pointing at himself again and the stranger just gave him a blank look, poking at Taehyung's uniform and right. He had a name-badge. Taehung nodded slowly and dropped  his arm, about to open his mouth but the stranger beat him to it. 

 

"When you do finish?" He asked bluntly and Taehyung noticed the smallest amount of hesitation and nerves in his voice. Blinking once, twice Taehyung checked his phone. 

 

"I finish at four, how come?" 

 

"'Cus I wanna take you on a date. Honestly. I don't make it habit to fall asleep places and I wasn't actually asleep but I've seen you in there so many times and I think you're really pretty and your smile is nice and.... I'm digging myself into a hole here, you coming out with me to get a drink at four or not?" The stranger spewed and Taehyung stared before laughing, doubling over and supporting his weight on his knees. The stranger hit him on the back of the neck with what Taehyung could only assume was his beanie. 

 

"Yeah, I'll go for a drink with you at four." Taehyung smiled when he stood back up and the stranger smiled that gummy smile again before nodding. 

 

"Good. I'm Yoongi, by the way."