END

Stay With Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mum! Stop crying over this damn family and let’s go!” LE tried pulling her mother up from the floor but the older woman wouldn’t move. 

 

LE’s mum is her dad’s fourth wife. Her dad’s first wife threw their luggages out of the bungalow, wanting them to leave. LE always hated how her first mum treat them and had enough. It’s finally time to leave this house but LE’s mum loved him too much.

 

“LE! Don’t say that. Maybe if we beg them they’ll let us in again.” Mrs Ahn said desperately. 

 

“Don’t ever beg them, never! C’mon, let’s go!” LE took their luggages and helped Mrs Ahn up. 

 

The two was walking aimlessly on the streets. They had nowhere to go and LE is worried about where to sleep tonight. It’s fine if she has nowhere to sleep but she needs to make sure Mrs Ahn is well taken care of.

 

It was about to rain and they stop by under a tree. LE told Mrs Ahn to sit on the luggage while she holds the umbrella for her. 

 

Just then, the gate behind the tree they were under opened and a girl around LE’s age approached them. She seems kind and LE accepted the umbrella she brought out for her. 

 

“I saw you guys from outside my room. It’s raining pretty heavily, do you want to come in and have a sit first?” She offered, but LE seemed suspicious of her.

 

“Really? Are you sure you’re a kind person?” LE asked, and the girl burst out laughing.

 

“Of course I am! I don’t bite, come on in.” LE took their luggages while the girl helped Mrs Ahn in.

 

After putting Mrs Ahn in bed in one of the guest room, LE went to the living room.

 

“Hi. I’m LE. Thank you so so so much.” LE extended her hand.

 

“I’m Solji, you can call me by name or unnie. Don’t worry about it. I’m a very kind girl.” Teased Solji.

 

“I know this is absurd, but my mother and I had nowhere to stay now so if you don’t mind, can I rent one of your room? We’ll move out once I find somewhere to stay.” 

 

“Nah, it’s fine. You and your mum can stay here for as long as you want, the rooms are always vacant anyways. What happened, if you don’t mind me asking?” 

 

“Long story short, my father’s first wife threw us out because she hated me. My father has four wives and my mum is the fourth. Ugh. I hate them so ing much!” LE blew a few strands of hair out of her face.

 

“Wow, your dad must be a womaniser. I would never be able to live this kind of life, so, you’re very brave.” Solji tried to encourage the girl in front of her.

 

“The most pitiful one isn’t me… It’s Mimi and Momo!” LE burst into tears while thinking about that certain Mimi and Momo.

 

“Mimi and Momo? Are they your sisters?” Solji was confused.

 

“They’re my turtles… I asked my first mum where are they but she freaking said she threw them into the river!” 

 

“Hey, don’t worry! Turtles can swim. I’m sure they’ll survive in the river.” Solji gave a pat on LE’s back and at the same time trying to not laugh at the cute and whiny LE.

 

 

 

 

It’s been two weeks since LE and Mrs Ahn lived with Solji and surprisingly they get along very well with each other. Mrs Ahn would still think about Mr Ahn occasionally and cry for him while each time Mrs Ahn cries, LE feels the urge to run back to the house and punch him and his wives in the faces.

 

Fortunately, Solji was there to control the impulsive LE.

 

“LE! Umma!” Solji shouted across the living room as she set the table. Yes, Solji calls Mrs Ahn “Umma” now because she allowed her to. Wink. 

 

Mrs Ahn came down but LE was still nowhere to be seen. 

 

“AHN LE!” 

 

“AHN LE!!!!!!”

 

Still no response.

 

Solji went up to LE’s room to check up on that girl.

 

LE was sitting by the window and was looking out of it. Solji curiosity was piqued as she sees LE being so gloomy today.

 

“LE? Are you ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter