Bro, you're my bae (brofore anyone else)

Bro, you're my bae (brofore anyone else)

“Hey, Tae?” Jimin asked softly. The room was empty save for them, the other members stumbling their way to bed at the first blue hint of sunrise. It was Jimin’s birthday, or well yesterday it had been, and Yoongi had snuck a bottles of soju and vodka past the managers. It didn’t matter that Jimin could already feel the first signs of a hangover (and no doubt Taehyung could too) the lack of schedules ahead of them had made them reckless in their alcohol intake.

When Jimin received no reply from Taehyung, he poked him slightly with his foot. They were lying on the floor of the kitchen (Jimin’s memory of how they got there was hazy) and they were in that half-drunk half-sober state when the tongue is loose, yet the mind knows exactly what it’s saying.
“Tae” he whined, nudging him again. This time Taehyung rolled over to face him sleepily, grinning that boxy-grin, infectious giggling bubbling up from somewhere inside.
“What, Jiminie,” Taehyung extended the name into a smile.
“That’s Jiminie hyung to you now Tae, I’m a year older than you.”
“Doesn’t count,”
‘Why,’ Jimin whined again, ‘technically I’m 21 and you’re still a little baby 20 year old.”
“’cuz we’re the 95z, pabo.” Taehyung grinned again, beginning to tickle Jimin’s bare foot.
“Wait- wait stop, I wanted to ask you something, Tae.”
“Shoooooot.”
“Have you ever…kissed someone?” Jimin felt the pink flush on his cheeks, immediately beginning to regret opening his mouth but too curious to run away.
“Sure, a bunch of times. Nothin’ special. You?”
“Uhh…no, I’ve never kissed anyone.” Jimin pouted. It was true. When he was young it never really interest him, and then in high school the company told him he had an image to protect and then here was, an idol with thousands of girls in love with him, a complete and total . He found it beyond embarrassing, especially since Namjoon always sounded so experienced in his songs.

Taehyung began giggling again. Jimin was mortified, hiding his face behind his hand. Just as he was about to get up and leave, Jimin found himself pressed to the ground by the weight of Taehyung’s body on his, Taehyung’s breath on his face, that boxy grin inches away from his lips.

“I can show you how it’s done, if you want?” Taehyung asked, unashamed of the position they were in. Jimin almost laughed, but the serious tone stopped him. Instead, he found himself nodding slightly, embarrassment gripping at his throat and stealing his voice. Taehyung lent down, pressing his lips softly onto Jimin’s. This was strange, to say the least. Jimin had never expected his first kiss to be with his best friend and self-proclaimed life partner. He wasn’t complaining, it was a good kind of strange, like trying a new flavour of ice cream you thought you would hate and loving it. Refreshing. It wasn’t a passionate kiss, not some hot make out scene like he’s seen in the movies. It was sweet, chaste, tinged with the burn of the alcohol on Taehyung’s lips, leaving a warm feeling of happiness to spread across his chest. It wasn’t ual, wasn’t awkward, wasn’t scary. It was like a hug, except it’s your lips touching and your hands instead are holding the sides of the other’s face. When they drew apart Taehyung was giggling again, saying, “So…adorable...I…can’t” in between his laughs. Jimin began to laugh too.

“I love you, Tae-Tae,” Jimin managed. Taehyung stopped laughing, eyes widening. Clearly the context of these words with what they had just done was confusing him.
“Oh , wait not like that oh my god,” Jimin laughed again as relief found its way into Taehyung’s expression.

“We should kiss more often,” Taehyung whispered as they stumbled into their room, careful not to wake Hoseok, “In like, a friend way, y’know? It was nice, friend kisses. Frisses,” he laughed at his own terrible joke and Jimin, conscious of not waking up Hoseok, kissed him again to shut him up. Taehyung was right, they should do this more often.

Jimin climbed into his bed just as the sky took on the pinkish glow of sunrise. His duvet was cold as he wrapped himself up. Being the nice dongsaeng to Hoseok, he reached out for his phone to talk to Taehyung.

You: bro
You: hey bro
You: my beds soooooooooooooo coooooold brooo (TωT)

Tae-tae ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ: that’s sad bro
Tae-tae ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ: that’s suuuper duuper sad
Tae-tae ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ: buuuuuuut
Tae-tae ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ: i can fix that bae
Tae-tae ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ: (brofore anyone else)

Jimin heard the creak of Taehyung’s bed as he got up and his wince when he assumedly kicked the bed. Soon, Jimin’s small single bed was occupied by both Jimin and Taehyung; Jimin lying on his side while Taehyung wrapped an arm around his side and a leg over his waist. Their faces were close, near touching, so close that Jimin could feel Taehyung smile.
“G’night, bro,” Taehyung whispered, kissing the tip of Jimin’s nose before closing his eyes. Before long, he was softly snoring.
“Thanks, Tae-tae,” Jimin whispered back to his sleeping form, succumbing to the sleep that had been clawing at the back of his eyes.