I Want It!

No, (S)He Can't Read My Poker Face!

 

You packed the necessary items for your six hour long excursion to Inkigayo, grabbing your video camera, a few extra batteries, and your lunch. You stuffed it all into your worn-out Rilakkuma backpack.

Slinging it over your shoulder, you ran your plans for the day through your head: you were to meet up with three of your fellow foreign Inspirits and go to the music show together, you filming material for your fancam channel on YouTube afterwards. Then, the four of you would go eat and have fun at a karaoke room.

You grabbed enough money for the cab ride to and from the event plus some extra just in case. Hustling out and locking the door of your apartment behind you, you went down the stairs as fast as you could without falling flat on your face.

Walking out of the building and down the street trying to hail a taxi, you recounted the details of your semi-annual, two and a half-week visit to Seoul. It had been extremely fun, with you and your group of friends trailing Infinite anywhere sixty percent of the time (you fancamming, of course). The rest of the time was spent catching up, shopping, eating, and having a good time. You finally got a taxi to pull over for you; you got in and gave the driver the directions to get to Inkigayo. He chuckled and muttered something amusedly before stepping on the gas and pulling away from the curb.

---

The driver pulled to a stop half a block away from Inkigayo and turned to accept your money. “There’s too much traffic to get any further without being late. So I’ll drop you off here and give you a 2,000 won discount.”

“Oh, I don’t mind walking,” you said delightedly. “Thank you so much!” You smiled gratefully at him.

As you approached the building, you saw two of your three friends already there waiting for you.

“Elaine couldn’t make it today,” your friend Mia said, “she got sick last night.”

“Oh my gosh, is she okay?” You asked.

“Yeah, she said it’s just a cold and that she’ll be fine,” you other friend, Selena assured.

“Alright. Let’s get in line then.”

---

You were able to get in right after your friends; as the show commenced, you shouted fan chants with other fans and sang along to other songs, having a purely good time with your friends.

---

At last, Infinite went up on stage to perform Paradise. L caught your eyes the first moment he stepped onstage (and it wasn’t because of his revealing stage outfit). He looked at you straight in the eyes,looked at the camera in your hands, and looked back at you with a cute expression. He finally broke eye contact with you to give other Inspirits fanservice.

~~~

Myungsoo looked towards the audience and started to smile and wave, but he saw you and your group of friends in the crowd. He saw the camera in your hands, and the little green monster rose up bitterly. That camera… He looked you straight in the eyes, wrinkling his nose enviously. She is kind of cute, too. Maybe…

~~~

Your friends noticed L staring at you and squealed; after he broke eye contact you squealed and jumped up and down with them.

During Infinite’s performance, L kept initiating long staring contests with you (and your camera); it was unfortunate as you weren’t allowed to fancam during the show. Fans around you deemed Myungsoo’s stares for them, and continued to swoon and throw hearts at him.

---

After Inkigayo ended, everyone filed out, you chatting closely with your friends as you went. You waited in the parking lot, holding an ideal spot for fancamming. You waited for Infinite to come out, camera out and ready.

At last, Infinite and their managers, stylists, and makeup personnel hurried out of the building on their way to their next schedule. L was glancing around, seeming to look for someone in particular among the throng of Inspirits. His eyes landed on you and he immediately smiled.

You swore your heart skipped at least two or three beats; you friends behind you yelped happily again and Inspirits next to you blushed and the noise level went up. Shyly smiling back, you blushed (making sure the camera shot was kept on L).

~~~

Woohyun realized who Myungsoo was looking at.

“Yah, Myungsoo-ah. Do you like her?” Woohyun teased.

L jumped. “What? No,” He replied reservedly. Possibly.

Woohyun nudged his friend affectionately in the ribs. “Maybe you should give her your number. You’ll never know if you’ll see her again.” He grinned.

“Hyung…” Myungsoo gave his famous poker face stare to Woohyun.

Woohyun shied away. “Alright, do it your way then.”

Since we don’t have a schedule for the next few hours… I’ll follow her and give her my number when there aren’t many people around, Myungsoo planned mentally. I can ask her where she bought that camera, too…

~~~

You turned your camera off and stuffed it into your backpack. “Who’s ready for some ddukkbokki?” You asked your friends. They cheered in agreement. “Let’s go~!”

Since your friends insisted on walking to a restaurant instead of taking a cab, you strolled down the sidewalk with your arm hooked through Mia’s. You were chatting about what to do and where to go the next day when you suddenly got the sense that someone was watching you. You discreetly threw a glance behind you, seeing nothing but an ahjumma, a pair of teenaged girls, and a man wearing sunglasses and a scarf, dressed in shades of black and gray and plaid.

---