Final.

4 am

"God, I do love him."

It was in the middle of the night, just before dusk. Kibum was drunk. And he thinks Lee Jinki was the most beautiful person he ever laid his eyes on.

"I do love breaking promises."

Years ago he promised himself he won't ever fall in love again. But there he was. His brain was clouded due to the effect of the alcohol. And Lee Jinki is beautiful. And Kim Kibum is ing stupid.

"You're unbelievable."

Kibum says to Jinki's still body lying on the floor of his living room. Bottles of alcoholic beverages (whiskey? vodka? he wasn't so sure anymore) were scattered on the table. He reverted his attention back to Jinki. He stared at his every feature. And damn does he love this guy.

"Jinki, I think I'm in love with you."

And Kibum chuckled. His sober self would probably go crazy if he ever said something like that. But he was drunk, and he was brutally honest and painfully straightforward when drunk.

"Jinki, do you love me too?"

This time, Kibum stared blankly on a wall. But contrary to his empty gaze, his mind was blowing up with thoughts. What if Jinki only saw him as a friend? God, that would definitely hurt. And he would go back to swearing that he'd never fall in love, like when he was sixteen. It's been ten years and hell, that's still his resolve after heartbreak.

"I don't wanna lose you."

Kibum was so sure he was going crazy. But who would want to lose a person like Jinki in their life? He's all anyone could ever ask for. And he'd settle with 'just friends' rather than lose him.

- - - -

Who is Lee Jinki anyway?

The only person who saw the best in Kibum when the rest of the world looked down on him. Kibum's personal cheerleader, doctor, barista, pillow, punching bag, therapist, and sunshine. He was Kibum's best friend. Well, that's until he finally realized that he felt something more. Jinki was there through almost everything. And Kibum used to believe that Jinki was a superhero. That was when he was six anyway. Because Jinki always seemed to save his day. And maybe that's what Jinki is. A superhero. He saw Kibum in the worst of situations (failed marks, rejection, first love, heartbreak) and yet he was still there for him. And Kibum liked to think that there was a reason why Jinki was still in his life. Maybe they were meant to be.

One day, Kibum woke up and he saw things in a different light. He saw how radiant Jinki's smile is, how beautiful his laughter is, how much of a gentleman he could be, how soothing his voice is. And in that moment he knew he was falling. It happened in a cold December day. Kibum spent most of the morning staring at his ceiling, pondering about everything that had happened. And he knew that he loved Jinki. He just knew.

- - - -

"Lee Jinki, I love you."

Kibum seized the moment. He was drunk, it was almost five am (if his alcohol-clouded mind wasn't fooling him), and Jinki was asleep. This was the only time he could ever say it. Because sober Kibum is smart. He isn't reckless. He wouldn't risk his friendship with Jinki. But right now he's drunk and stupid and deeply in love with Jinki. And this was his only chance.

"I love you too, Kibum."

Kibum's eyes widened. He stared at Jinki's still sleeping body. Then he laughed.

"My mind's playing tricks on me."

"No it's not."

This time, when Kibum looked at Jinki, he was looking back at him with his sleepy eyes that are so filled with love. And Kibum felt like his heart was going to explode. Jinki pulled him down on the floor so that they are lying side by side, staring at each other's eyes. And Kibum thought he'd drown in the passion of those eyes.

"I do love you, Kibum."

Jinki kissed his forehead.

"I love you now that I'm still half-drunk. I'll love you tomorrow when I'm sober. And I'll do so for as long as I live, just like I did all those years ago."

Kibum felt a few tears escape from his eyes. But he felt those gentle hands wipe them away. He closed his eyes and let the sound of Jinki's heartbeat bring him to sleep. And tomorrow, when he wakes up, he'll love Jinki so much more.

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey guys! i know that it's been a while. but i've been busy and life was hella tough but i'm back! comment below :)

all the love xx