Prologue

Nine Tails and Two Faces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A young boy lingered around the playground, his small hands scooping up the grainy sand and poured it back down like the drizzle of rain that has been happening throughout the week. The sky was already starting to darken as the little boy continued playing, his little legs carrying him around the small area of the playground and around every nook and cranny that had been hidden away from the children that visited it. Taekwoon let out a small sigh, falling to the ground as his energy continued to drain, sweat trickling along the sides of his head and clung to his raven black hair like tiny dew drops after a raging storm. Taekwoon was used to playing outside as it rained, the feeling of comfort seemed to surround him as he did so. He never got sick of it and he never really did get sick in the literal meaning. 

 

Taekwoon’s family lived in the city and occasionally, the large family would drive up to the mountains to visit their grandmother for the winter. The young boy always loved adventuring and so, his father built him a small playground to keep him in place and away from the dangers of the forests that surrounded the mountain house their grandmother lived in for the rest of her life. She said it was calming and Taekwoon couldn’t say that he didn’t agree. 

 

The little playground was positioned a few yards away from a hidden cave, which his father was completely oblivious of. Taekwoon knew of this small cave, however, but he kept himself from venturing inside it. His grandmother has told him many things about entering caves in the mountainous regions, she said dangerous animals lived in there. But now, Taekwoon couldn’t keep his curiosity to himself. The little boy pushed himself up from his sitting position, creeping up towards the entrance of the cave. 

 

Lush green vines dangled from the edges and the echoing of water droplets could be heard from the outside. Taekwoon was in awe already as he ogled the bushes and butterflies that lingered around the softening rock that might’ve been around for centuries already. Taekwoon brushed the uneasiness away from his shoulders and replaced it with a sudden burst of curiosity. He wanted to know what lived in there and was his grandmother telling the truth. Taekwoon’s legs carried him in without any more thoughts. 

 

The cave was quite spacious and everything inside screamed peacefulness and tranquility. Taekwoon gaped at a bird that was perched at the edge of a narrow ledge, squawking in irritation when Taekwoon giggled, its bright crimson wings flapping away. The little boy carried on, traveling deeper inside the cave, making sure to name everything that he saw on the way to the core of his adventure. Taekwoon stopped at a crossroad, surprised to see another young boy there, pondering by himself with a large pout on his face. With a deep red tint on his face, Taekwoon admitted to himself that the boy was indeed quite cute. 

 

He had sun-kissed skin that seemed to glow no matter how dark the atmosphere was. His milk chocolate brown hair was combed neatly and his eyes were wide, a golden glaze was decorating the orb, giving it a light twinkle to it. Taekwoon was in awe while he continued to stare at the boy, taking in every single feature and every single emotion that etched onto the boy’s face. Taekwoon felt a smile grace his lips before he dropped behind a large boulder, realizing that the boy was staring back at him with a silly grin on his face. Taekwoon felt his face heat up in embarrassment, realizing that hiding was a bit of an exaggeration. 

 

The boy approached him first, his eyes twinkling as the edges wrinkled when he smiled, “Hello! What are you doing here so deep in the cave?” He questioned, his voice was soft and mellow and Taekwoon was left gaping. The other boy giggled, inviting himself to sit right next to Taekwoon, a curious glint flashed through his golden orbs. “Hello? Can you hear me, or am I too quiet?” Taekwoon frowned, completely knowing what he said was sarcastic, or at least, meant to be. 

 

“I could ask you the same thing,” Taekwoon replied, his voice slightly trem

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter