1/1

Husband and friend.

Won Shik and Hong Bin were friends for so long that when they got stuck in an arranged marriage it didn’t truly get into their minds at first. After the wedding, they carried away like usual, only they had a new bed they shared together without much hassle.

“So you are telling me you are doing what you had been doing as friends, even though you are married?” Hak Yeon, their mutual friend, was shocked by how cold they take things. “You must be kidding us.”

“I know, right?” Jae Hwan exclaimed in shock. “I can’t believe it.”

Hong Bin laughed, resting his head on Taek Woon while Won Shik snuggled with Jae Hwan, their boyfriends. “We are forced to be the guarantee for a kind of deal between our both families.” Hong Bin stated with a smile. “but if you see it in another way, we are already too used to each other it doesn’t matter married or not. Besides, it helps us to live together since we work together both in the companies and in the shop.”

“Jae Hwanie Hyung thinks we may end up breaking up with them, tho.” Won Shik said, while tickling his boyfriend. “We had been friends since we were five, if we were a little bit attracted to each other, that would be a problem but I feel the same way for Hong Bin as usual.”

“Same here!” Hong Bin added. “I won’t break up with my Hyung even if I’m married now.” They sat up. “And hey! We may be married according our families and the companies, but legally speaking, we are not.”

“True. Gay Marriage is still not allowed in South Korea.” Won Shik smiled pulling his Hyung to a hug. “So relax; it is just a façade.”

“I am still not buying this, guys.” Hak Yeon said with concerned face. “I just feel they may force you to consume it.”

“We will say we did, no one will force us to prove that and if they even wanted to check, we can still have some fun time with our boyfriends and say we had it together.” Hong Bin smirked. “They can’t prove us wrong anyway.”

“You are taking this too lightly, Hong Binnie.” Taek Woon spoke for the first time since the start of the evening. “I am truly not fine with this.”

“I know. It is a façade for now, but once we are sure they aren’t spying over our activities it will be you and I in that bed, rocking it in your rhythm.” Hong Bin tried to tease his boyfriend but the seriousness in the man’s eyes was worrying. “Don’t worry, ok? It is just temporary.”

“Look.” Taek Woon pushed him off and stood. “I know it is but to know my man is owned by someone else somehow make me feel suffocated so … I’ll go get some air and clear my mind.” Hong Bin didn’t even move in shock and Jae Hwan pushed Won Shik away, following Taek Woon.

“What?” They looked at each other, noticing how seriously their boyfriends are taking it before looking at Hak Yeon.

“This is what I feared.” Hak Yeon stated as he stood. “I know it did hurt Taek Woon deeply, plus you know how possessive he is, so I just waited for the bomb to explode.”

“It exploded on us both.” Won Shik rested his head on the wall behind him. “Jae Hwan Hyung was tense since I told him what happened.”

“We probably didn’t have to tell them.” Hong Bin’s eyes were teary and Won Shik sat by his side, consoling him.

“Hyung will be fine, just give him time like he said.” Won Shik said while Hak Yeon stood up.

“Go home, kids. I’ll handle the others.” The married couple nodded and they walked to their mutual residence with fallen expressions. Hong Bin was crying by the time they reached the bedroom.

“He refuse to answer the call and he ignored my messages.” Hong Bin rarely cried but Taek Woon was a big deal for him. “He is breaking up with me.”

“Don’t worry. It is just he is hurt now, tomorrow he will be fine.” Won Shik helped Hong Bin to undress. “Let’s sleep, ok? Tomorrow, everything will be fine.”

Neither tomorrow nor the following months were fine. Taek Woon and Jae Hwan simply vanished, while Hak Yeon refused categorically to answer their questions. One day, as Hong Bin and Won Shik were closing the shop, a laugh made Won Shik’s heart beam. “I can hear Jae Hwan Hyung laughing from here.” He looked at Hong Bin who didn’t look up, busy locking the door. “I’ll go surprise him.”

Won Shik rushed to sneak behind Jae Hwan only to freeze at the sight. A man leant and kissed Jae Hwan with passion. It took him more than a will to run back to Hong Bin’s side. The man was surprised to see a pale shaken Won Shik by his side. “What happened? Did you see a ghost?”

“Let us go home.” They went to the car and Hong Bin was the one driving, as he noticed that Won Shik wasn’t in the mood for it. They drove by the couple and both Won Shik and Hong Bin noticed Jae Hwan smiling to a tall younger man.

“I see.” Hong Bin fast drove away, parking outside the city. Won Shik didn’t notice at first but soon did and stood by Hong Bin side, outside the car. “This situation is seriously ed up.”

“For us? We are still together…” Won Shik tried to shake the sobs away but he couldn’t. “I expected at least something before seeing him with someone else.”

“Maybe he considered you being married as a sign of breakup.” Hong Bin reasoned. “He is not the kind to stay by married men’s side. I am sure he tried to make you understand that but you refused to see through his tries.”

“Maybe.”

Hong Bin pulled him to a hug, both of them hugging each other before shedding tears. “It is not the end, we are still together. We will help each other out to forget, ok?” Hong Bin and won Shik looked at each other. “We will play games like we used to every Wednesday, we will go to the club every Friday night, and bright girls or boys, or whatever you like. We will live like nothing happened. Ok?”

“Hong Bin…”

“I know a new nightclub; we can go there and have fun. It’s Saturday, we have nothing tomorrow.” Won Shik nodded at that, both of them headed to get drunk to death. However, midway to it, they drove home, and cried themselves to sleep, hugging each other.

In the morning, both of them were harboring headaches, and they snuggled for few hours until they could leave the bed without shaking. Hong Bin was first to the shower, but a lazy Won Shik got in with him in the bath tub. “Too lazy to go to the other bathroom.”

“Shush, I’m still having a headache.” Won Shik slid in, and rested his head in Hong Bin’s shoulder and snuggling him. “It feels nice to snuggle you.”

“It does?” Hong Bin caressed the man’s hair until the water became colder. They stayed in the water for few moments before Hong Bin shook Won Shik’s shoulder. “Wake up, sleepy head.”

Won Shik’s nose caressed Hong Bin’s cheek before the man opened his eyes and looked straight into a blushing Hong Bin. “You smell good, beanie.”

“Thanks.” Hong Bin tried to ignore the sensation of blood running all way to his manhood, and helped Won Shik to stand up. Won Shik washed the soap off while Hong Bin plugged off. He observed the water turning into a tornado as it sank when he felt hands on his back.

“Can you scrub my back with soap?” Won Shik asked him but all Hong Bin could see was toned legs, and firm before blushing madly. He nodded, getting the soap and scrubbing gently Won Shik’s back. Meanwhile, he recalled Hak Yeon’s words as they spoke about Taek Woon.

“I don’t think you are the one who should worry about the other.” Hak Yeon sipped absently from his cup. “He always envied your chemistry and somehow I think he is right.”

“About what?”

“He is right about the fact that someday, you will see Won Shik differently.” Hong Bin froze and nearly let off the soap when Won Shik turned around.

“I’ll scrub your back.” Won Shik’s cute smile was endearing and Hong Bin concluded with tears that he could do that. “What?”

“Hak Yeon Hyung… told me one day that I may feel different with you around.” Hong Bin turned his back to won Shik who scrubbed it with his hands instead with the bar like Hong Bin did. The contact of skin with skin and the movements made Hong Bin feel the sensation of blood running down again. “I didn’t want to believe…”

“That we may get attracted to each other ually?” Won Whik’s tone was everything but playful. “It would be normal, Hong Bin. We spend more time with each other than with anyone around. Besides, your body is eatable.” Hong Bin looked at a smiling Won Shik. “Only a madman can’t end up liking you, not even a little.”

“Won Shik…”

“We are not doing it though.” Won Shik pushed Hong Bin to the shower head and observed as the water ran down the man’s body. “I don’t want us to do it now out of all time because it may get different explanation tomorrow.”

“I didn’t… I just… you…”Hong Bin was shut down by a kiss in the cheek, a chaste kiss in the cheek from a sad looking Won Shik. “Why?”

“We spent so many years as friends, Hong Bin. We can live like that for few more weeks, can we?” Hong Bin nodded. “I just… I just saw my ex-boyfriend being kissed by someone else… and I don’t want it to look like I am using you to forget that.”

“Ah… Yeah.” Won Shik pulled the disappointed looking man to a hug.

“I just want to forget that now before I do anything with you, no matter how little it is.” It beamed Hong Bin’s heart that Won Shik wanted to respect him by not using him as Jae Hwan’s replacement and it made his heart sink because he feared he made Won Shik as a Taek Woon’s replacement.

He met up with Hak Yeon in the evening. “I think Won Shik and I are going to live our marriage properly.” Hak Yeon nearly choked on his drink as he got in the kitchen. He looked at Hong Bin, shocked. “We lost contact with our boyfriends and Jae Hwan even moved on so I think it will be better if we do. After all, this is a no divorce allowed kind of marriage, we are tied together.”

“I don’t like it when you take it that way.”

Hong Bin shook his head. “Won Shik is fine. He cares for me, as much I do care for him. We understand each other, we know what we want, and I think stepping a little further is not going to change the fact we are best friends.” Hak Yeon observed him as he spoke up. “Those steps I want us to make are merely because I feel so alone and I may never forgive Taek Woon for giving up on me.”

“Hong Bin…” Hak Yeon rushed to hug Hong Bin, tightly. “Taek Woon… he didn’t mean to give up on you.” Hong Bin tensed in Hak Yeon’s hug. “He just couldn’t go back to you.”

“What? Why? WHY?” Hong Bin pushed the man away, with red face.

“He died in a car accident, few days from the break…” Hak Yeon admitted, shaking. “I tried to tell you but Jae Hwan told me it would be better if I didn’t.”

“Why?”

Hak Yeon held his arms, holding him still. “We wanted you to move on from him on your own and you are doing it.” Hong Bin didn’t even try to struggle. “You are moving on, Hong Bin. Don’t look back.”

“I moved on?” Hong Bin’s body gave up and he fell on his knees. “Do you think I did?”

“You did. If you considered being the husband instead of the friend, then you moved on.” Hak Yeon said with sadness. “Taek Woon would have liked you to do so. This is how things works.” He pulled Hong Bin to a hug again and patted on his back. “You get married so that you get someone to take care of and who take care of you. To go home with your partner in life, get disagreement about tiny things, to make up in bed, and wake up with his smile. Learn to be a husband, and make sure Won Shik is doing the same.”

“Hyung… Shut up.” Hong Bin sobbed suddenly. “Oh god! Shut up.” He cried in Hak Yeon’s rocking arms until he calmed down and left the house with no more words. He met up with Won Shik in the living room of their house. “I need you.”

Won Shik looked up from his papers and stood up as soon as he noticed Hong Bin’s face. “What happened?” Hong Bin hugged him and Won Shik hugged him. “Hong Bin, what happened?”

“I need you to cuddle me tonight, to touch me like you like to touch…” He didn’t manage to say more because a finger on his lips made him swallow his words. Won Shik looked at his eyes for a moment.

“Let’s go to bed. It’s already late.” He helped Hong Bin on undressing, before pushing him to the bathroom where they showered silently and both of them slept in without a word, Won Shik holding on Hong Bin like for dear life.

“We will fight over silly things.” Hong Bin said suddenly.

“We already did so many times, and we nearly got our friendship done but we always needed each other so we made up.” Won Shik mumbled in Hong Bin’s neck.

“We will be too tired of each other sometimes.” Hong Bin mumbled again.

“I’ll learn new positions if it happens.” It made Hong Bin look at Won Shik weirdly while the man wiggled his eyebrows.

“What made you think that will kill the boredom?” Hong Bin scoffed, rolling his eyes when a hand made him look at a teasing Won Shik.

“We will figure that out when we will be bored, darling. Now, get a little closer, I want to cuddle.” Hong Bin got even closer and the man hugged him tightly. “How nice.”

“You are killing me.” Hong Bin groaned teasingly.

“You like it, tho.” It earned him a chuckle from Hong Bin and a sniff. He didn’t ask what happened and allowed Hong Bin to cry in his arms as they fell asleep.

In fact, Hong Bin did like it so much.