Final

Creepin'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Beautiful, Kyungsoo thinks as he passes by him, probably on his way to his next class. Is there anything beautiful in a guy who could be considered tall, relative to Kyungsoo's height anyway, with chocolate skin covered in ink in some parts visible and probably more underneath his shirt and abnormally blonde hair? ing absolutely yes.

He's Kim Jongin, after all.

"Here," Baekhyun threw a balled tissue, hitting Kyungsoo on his forehead.

"What the , Byun?!"

"Your drool is showing, creep. Wipe it off before you turn him off even before you could even have a chance," the other shrugged, unconcerned. Even though Kyungsoo is pissed off as a few eyes were able to witness the headshot he received from his friend, he let his case rest because his Jongin senses alerted him that he is within his peripheral. Any wrong move could risk his reputation, just like how Baekhyun had pointed out.

As much as he wants to kill him, Kyungsoo has to hold back. Who in their right mind would like a murderer? With a grimace, he pouted to himself and proceeded to his book once more while angling his head just enough to catch a glimpse of the blonde hair that has always taken his attention and is constantly present in his fantasies with the owner of said hair, of course.

"What do you like about him anyway?" Baekhyun voiced out his concern. It wasn't the first time and Kyungsoo has learned different ways to describe his feelings towards someone who is practically a stranger. "He's a certified delinquent and... unwise."

That too.

Kyungsoo smacked Baekhyun with the book he's reading. "You're being too judgmental and besides I told you that I have no control over my feelings. My heart doesn't seem minding loving someone like Jongin."

He's pretty sure he heard Baekhyun call him gross and ing fluffy but he has heard that one too many times for it to even affect him one bit still. His eyes wandered helplessly towards the object of his affections and his long and heavy sigh alerted his companion, his eyes narrowing in contempt because Kyungsoo is just too stubborn.

"Maybe get some more hours of sleep and rest instead of staying all night thinking about your prince charming," he sneered to hide his overwhelming worry. Kyungsoo has been looking tired and worn lately and he can't help but scold the other about it. Living alone is not easy but Kyungsoo is adamant in refusing his offer to stay with him and his family. He is more than welcome and it would put Baekhyun's mind at ease.

But Kyungsoo owes the Byuns way too much already and he wouldn't want to be a burden. He's already twenty and he thinks that he could so well by himself. He has his parents' handful of assets under his name so there is a start. After getting a degree in business, he'll venture into a mini bakery first and grow it up from there.

He knows that Baekhyun is only looking out for him and for that, he appreaciates him very much. But how can he help himself if he doesn't know what causes his fatigue.

"Believe me, Baek. After my shift, I go straight home and sleep. I have plenty of free time but I sleep," he sighed tiredly. "But I always wake up tired and anxious, for some reason."

Baekhyun's eyes hardened for a bit as he scooted closer to Kyungsoo to whisper. "It's not your nightmares?"

Kyungsoo shook his head. "I don't remember having them, Baek. I haven't had them for years and I know they're okay, wherever they are." Talking about his deceased parents still leave a bitter taste on his tongue but he's over it. He could barely feel sad about it, especially since he has set his eyes on Jongin. The guy wasn't even doing anything but simply existing and it's more than enough for him.

Speaking of Jongin, he felt his face fell when he spied that the other has already left, maybe while he was in deep conversation with Baekhyun. His shoulders slumped as he poured his attention back to his book and anticipate the next day to see another glimpse of Kim Jongin.

 

 

"I warned you, Jongin. Please don't make this worse for you," Yixing told off the younger who still kept looking behind him, towards the direction where the younger's object of obsession is still sitting with his life long friend. Whatever Jongin is doing to the other has its effects obvious for everyone to see.

Jongin ducked his head low as he reluctantly looked away from Kyungsoo just as the other went back to his book. He heeded Yixing's words but he can't help it. How could he help himself when he has his soulmate right within his reach? So far yet so far away. Centuries away, actually.

"I'm sorry, hyung."

"Are you really?" Yixing asked rhetorically, sparing the younger no look. His frown will just drive Jongin unnecessary guiltier. It's not like he doesn't understand what he is feeling, though not in the same exact way but knowing that you can't be with the person destined for you drives people to do things in desperation. Maybe this is the reason why their existence is kept as a secret, to save people from all these primal tendencies that almost always leads to fear.

"They're already here," Sehun appeared out of nowhere but it wasn't his sudden presence that has Jongin and Yixing balking in surprise.

"Please elaborate on that," Yixing's previous frown was covered with another.

Sehun held onto both of their arms and led them away from prying eyes. In these situations, their innate charm is proving to be a pain in the because them three being seen together and talking gets too much attention. He led them to one of the empty dance studios where no one would question their presence in since they are all in the dance club. Just to be sure, he led them to the middle of the room to avoid getting overheard from the door and the windows.

"The hunters are coming here and I think that we need to leave, very soon," he informed the other two as soon as he was certain that they are alone. Yixing's face turned grim but understanding while Jongin looked like he will tell something stupid like staying behind.

"You guys go ahead."

Bingo.

"Jongin," the eldest wears a warning tone but Jongin doesn't look like he will relent.

"Yixing hyung, please," it's not normal for Jongin to plead because vampires are proud but still, love conquers all, as they say.

Yixing shook his head. "You will only put him in danger, Jongin. The hunters have always been on our tail ever since the dawn of time and they will not stop at anything just to get to us," the subtle look he shot towards Sehun's direction sent a chill through Jongin but his mind screams Kyungsoo's name over amd over again.

Even though Sehun doesn't say anything, he knew what their hyung is talking about and after all this time, flashes of bright, doe eyes still come to his mind whenever something triggers a memory of him. It still hurts but it has been years and Luhan wouldn't want to see him sad for him.

"How long until they will come?" Jongin still pressed and the two others woupd know that he will not rest until they will tell him to go and do what he wants. But Yixing and Sehun wouldn't have that because they have already lost their own soulmates because of their presence and they wouldn't want him to suffer the same pain.

"Maybe in a week's time. I would have to ask around more," Sehun answered earning him a satisfied look from Jongin.

"Jongin, whatever you are planning, leave Kyungsoo alone. Please," Yixing's gut feel told him that Jongin will not be this calm if he's not planning anything.

"Too late for that, hyung," and he vanished into thin air, leaving no room for argument.

 

 

Kyungsoo had to clean the guest room. His cousin Minseok and a friend will be coming in two days to stay with him for the meantime. They are staying in town because of work, he says. It has been years since he last saw the elder and Kyungsoo is excited. Minseok's work requires him to change location quite often that is why he didn't insist on taking Kyungsoo under his wing. He wanted his younger cousin to live as normally as possible. They have been quite close when they were younger and they still keep in touch from time to time whenever the elder is not too busy with his work.

He's one of the persons who knows about his huge crush on Jongin and his blush crept to his cheeks because he knew that Minseok will about it when they see each other.

He jumped on his bed, freshly out of shower and stared on his ceiling, a nightly habit that he has. Not too long has passed when his thoughts have drifted towards the beautiful Jongin and all his glory. He was worried for a bit when he didn't see him in the dance studios which he passes through to get into the music ones where he and Baekhyun are having their club activties.

But then Yixing and Sehun are not there too so maybe they are out and about doing something. But he doesn't believe that those three are really members of gangs or something. Maybe their bruises that they sport are from inevitable fights because of their looks. They do frequent bars and they were probably just protecting themselves.

His mind becomes muddled with sleep and he could feel himself slipping from reality but the dipping of his bed and the phantom weight hovering above him made him open his eyes quickly. They might look like they will bulge out but he can't even care about that, not when the first thing that he sees is Jongin, on his hands and knees right above him with barely inches of space separating them.

Words got stuck in his throat because the other is even more beautiful under the silver light of the moon, which feels like he is made to it. Their eyes are locked with each other and somehing tells Kyungsoo that this is all familiar and the feelings that he is feeling is still erratic yet there is an underlining calm in it. There's comfort.

The next thing he felt is a kiss on his forehead that made him limp. His eyes closed as he took note of everything about that simple kiss, the feel of the lips on his forehead, the feathery blow of warm breath on his hair, the further dipping of his bed and the thrum of his heart. And when he felt arms snaking under him to pull him closer to Jongin, he didn't protest and followed his instincts instead. His arms wrapped around a slender waist and pulled down the weight to rest on him.

Jongin is not light but Kyungsoo likes his weight on him because it makes things real. He's still mot sure whether he's just in a very nice dream or the reality that he has always wanted is coming true. The head resting on his shoulders and the shaky exhales he feels on his neck alerted his worries but he didn't say anything until Jongin pushed himself up a little so that they could be face to face.

Tears stream down his eyes and they punched Kyungsoo in his guts. The need to stop the other from crying is so overwhelming but Kyungsoo doesn't know what to do with himself. Should he just place his hands on that handsome face and wipe his tears? Should he get up and get a hanky? Could he kiss those tears away?

"Soo, I-I don't want to leave," Jongin dropped his forehead on Kyungsoo's and sobbed some more. The pain is tangible and it's starting to engulf Kyungsoo as well. He's so used to seeing Jongin so apathetic and amused at most but he never showed anything as close to emotional as this. He's looking all helpless and small, like a child.

"Then don't," Kyungsoo whispered like an automatic response, his hands faltering on Jongin's sides. Nostalgia washed through him and he's pretty sure that this is more than just dèja vu. But confusion prevailed his mind because it is impossible that he has already been in this exact same situation with Jongin. They haven't really talked at all.

Jongin chuckled sadly. He fell on Kyungsoo's right side and laid on his side, facing the other whose thoughts are like flashed messages on his forehead. It's always like this every night but Jongin needs to be patient. Erasing his memories of the nights that they have been spending together ever since they have met is a must, for Kyungsoo's safety.

"You say that every single time," he mused. "But this is different this time, Soo. We really need to leave for good. But I don't want to leave you."

"Why?" Kyungsoo asked quietly because his lungs feel like they're getting squeezed with his heart. The thought of not seeing Jongin the whole day is enough to make him sad for the rest of the day but not seeing him anymore sparked something inside Kyungsoo. A longing and want that he has always kept at bay because Jongin is something unreachable for him and it's pointless to harbor such feelings.

But then, for some miracle, he's there with him and telling him that he doesn't want to leave. He doesn't want to leave him.

"I'm not good for you, Kyungsoo."

Those words too. They are so painfully familiar that Kyungsoo swears he has already been in this exact conversation in a different time. Just like before, he let his instincts to act for him.

"You always say that but you're here, Jongin. And I... I'm not sure what to feel, to be honest. I'm confused because this feels like I'm reliving some memory with you but that's crazy because I haven't been talking to you but then I can't pull away because this makes me so happy and for some reason, I know that you like this too..."

A sound kiss on his lips silenced his long rant. What's a wonder is that Kyungsoo knew how to kiss him back when Kyungsoo is sure that he hasn't had his first kiss yet. Or had he? He pushed other thoughts aside as he welcomed a deeper kiss with want and need. His hands seem to take a familiar route on Jongin's body, from his side to his back and to his hair then on his nape to pull him closer.

The hand cupping his cheek was placed on his nape as well as the kiss turned hungry and desperate. The urgency caught Kyungsoo's control and he just lost himself and stopped asking questions in his head. Everything feels right and he chose to drown in the moment. He might never have another chance.

But after some time, they both slowed down and broke the kiss, though their lips are barely apart. Kyungsoo ended up on his back and Jongin on top of him again. The other slid down so he could tuck himself under Kyungsoo's chin and snuggled on his clothed chest. It probably looks awkward since Jongin is taller than he is but Kyungsoo obliged in the silent request and held the other.

"You're losing sleep again, Soo. I'm sorry," Jongin murmured lowly but Kyungsoo has put things together in his head. Though he still didn't understand some things, he opted to just hold Jongin even closer and plant a kiss on the soft locks of the head just below his.

"Don't worry about it," he reassured the other and loosened his arms when Jongin squirmed a bit. They are face to face again and the sad look that is hidden in Jongin's eyes shines. He's trying to hold back but Kyungsoo would have none of that. Whatever reason why he can't remember , he'd forego it if it means that he could have Jongin like this every night. It's more than enough.

They stayed put for quite a length of time and Kyungsoo is starting to feel the effects of being sleep deprived, as much as he fights it because Jongin shows no signs of falling asleep soon for he peers up at him from time to time just to kiss him wherever. Kyungsoo feels content and for the first time in a long time, he felt home in the house that his parents have left him. Mainly because he has Jongin in his arms and as weird as it is, Jongin is his home.

"I have to go," Jongin sighed dejectedly as he lifted himself off of Kyungsoo.

"Why?" sleepily, Kyungsoo tried to reach out for the other to bring him back into his arms. Jongin relented but still hesitant. He knows that he needs to leave Kyungsoo now and erase his memories of this night, to give the human more time to sleep. The bags under his beautiful, round eyes are getting darker as the days passed and he didn't want to be the reason why Kyungsoo will fall ill. He's bad enough for him as it is. He wouldn't want to wait for Kyungsoo to kiss him with a burning passion, just like some nights, and end up with Jongin biting those plush heart-shaped lips for a taste of his sweet, sweet blood.

He shook his head to dispel his thoughts. He's Kyungsoo's biggest health hazard.

"You need to sleep, Soo. I'll see you tomorrow," were always his parting words. He doesn't need to worry for being too redundant because Kyungsoo will forget about it anyway. He knows that their routine is bound to leave an impression on the other, no matter how many times he manipulates his brain and Jongin is banking on that. That whatever Kyungsoo feels for him goes beyond what his supernatural nature could do. He sees proofs for it and that's enough for now. Hopefully, it will be enough until he could find a way to still stay even in the presence of the hunters.

Kyungsoo hummed drowsily. "Can I get a kiss though? I love kissing you," he drawled lazily.

Chuckling, Jongin obliged but struggled to keep the kiss away from being heated. It would do them both no good. He molded his lips around Kyungsoo's and caressed them with his own thoroughly. Their noses bumped a couple of times but they didn't stop until Jongin felt a stunning prick on his arm. His senses high alert and he knew that Sehun is in some kind of danger. Vampires grouped in a coven forms this bond amongst themselves that makes them connected in some way to one another. It's not fully reliable but it's helpful.

In his haste, he murmured a string of apologies to Kyungsoo before he slipped out of the bed and made sure that the almost asleep Kyungsoo is tucked in properly before he vanished into thin air, leaving no trace of his presence inside the other's bedroom.

 

 

It turns out that the hunters' identity is going to be troublesome for Jongin and Yixing and Sehun. Not only do they have history with some of them but there is also a werewolf involved. It wasn't new to have them in the line up of hunters since they are natural enemies with the vampires but Jongin thinks that they  haven't done anything that would warrant a presence of not only one but two of them. Or maybe it's just because of history that they are in the territory that they are currently residing in.

They have made sure to feed just right without killing anyone. There have been may victims to their hunger but all of them are still very much alive and breathing, wasting their lives away inside clubs and bars during the night. They haven't had a too big of a feud with some other covens that they come across, only leaving the scene with quite some bruises but none were inflcted to be lethal on both sides. Just for a good scuffle and loosening up a bit.

Generally, they have been behaving well and shouldn't have attracted the attention of those who have been after their asses for quite some time already.

It has been an implied agreement that if a vampire has done no life threatening harm to a human, they will be left alone to blend in and live with them. But once they step out of the line, they will be facing the hunters and their thirst for justice and spilt vampire blood. Even though many vampires have already learned to weave their lives as normally as possible, they are still viewed as monsters for they still feed on human blood, considering them inhumane.

But for the Phoenix to be after them is an overkill.

Composed of two werewolves and a vengeful young vampire, they are always out to get vampires mercilessly even though their team is just about only a decade old. They always show no remorse for Jongin's kind because of old bad blood between them. Well, maybe they have been in it for them because one of them is actually (and unfortunately) Yixing's mate and the newly vampire then, Xiumin, has cost Sehun his soulmate, Luhan. And all of that because of Jongin's cousin who has cast himself into a deep sleep after his mysterious fallout with the then-human. Jongin's pretty sure that the Xiumin guy is Jongdae's soulmate but happened and there they are.

Messing with a vampire's soulmate is dirty and nasty business. The hunger for vendetta is too high when it comes to issues and problems with soulmates involved and it's never nice. No one ever wins. When factors such as birth nature and revenge are mixed with the soulmate business, it's deadly.

That is why it took Jongin, Yixing and a couple of their acquaintances to stop Sehun from hunting the hunter responsible for Luhan's death himself. It was quite a fight even after Jongin has arrived from his regular hidden rendezvous with Kyungsoo even if Yixing has managed to bruise Sehun on his arm, the pain that triggered Jongin's worry. If Sehun happens to kill the hunter when the hunter shows no provocation, he's putting their heads under a large bounty hunt. Vampires could live for a very, very long time but if they are intended to be killed, there are more than one way to do it.

Jongin doesn't want to know that himself first hand and he wouldn't want Yixing or Sehun be subjected to that, if he could help it. They're the closest thing each other has for a family (since Jongin's cousin has been sleeping for years already) and living for a very long time could get lonely if you are to live it alone. He was too preoccupied with calming Sehun down during their class that he didn't realize a certain petite guy has been approaching him from behind. It was too late when he took whiff of the addicting smell and he whipped his head towards its direction so fast.

Kyungsoo is standing there so close and it took his everything not to pull him into a tight hug and never let go. They haven't been this close in the morning ever and seeing the human has destroyed Jongin's composure. It was so sudden and unexpected that he didn't do anything but gape silently, forgetting about Sehun who is now curiously distracted.

"Can we help you?" Jongin frowned because he didn't open his mouth to say anything but then he felt Yixing joining them as quietly as possible, suprising Kyungsoo a little, turning his eyes adorably wide. It's unbecoming of Jongin to just squeal in the middle of the campus and so he bit his cheek to stop himself from doing something stupid.

Kyungsoo now hesitated and his hands held on the hem of his shirt. His gaze dropped to the ground and Jongin's control crumbled. He reached out to hold Kyungsoo by his shoulder and led him away from the two other vampires. He will jsut deal with them later.

He wanted so bad to slide his hand down to hold Kyungsoo's but then he wouldn't dare to do that in public. They're supposed to be strangers outside of Kyungsoo's bedroom. Jongin led them to an empty classroom and he locked the door, just in case he will not notice someone coming in. Better safe than sorry.

Jongin wonders what has made Kyungsoo brave enough to approach him today. He knows that the elder always observes him from afar and that his friend Baekhyun isn't really fond of Jongin. He enjoys the attention, in all honesty, because that is the only thing he could enjoy from Kyungsoo when his memories are tampered by Jongin himself. He knows that Kyungsoo is the shy type and for him to come to Jongin willingly, there must have something big that has made him to.

"Uhm, about last night..."

That is all that Jongin needed to make sense of everything.

"," he cursed himself for being so careless. He wants to hit Sehun for his awful timing. How could he forget to tend to Kyungsoo last night? The other must've been so confused because Jongin has just appeared inside his room and kissed him and cuddled with him with not even a preamble. But is Jongin ready to tell Kyungsoo the truth? Or should he lie? But Jongin can't exactly lie to his soulmate because he will eventually cave in and tell him the truth. That is the main reason why he chose to erase Kyungsoo's memories of him instead so he could avoid the other from getting hurt from all the baggage that comes with the vampire.

Kyungsoo heard him as clear as a bell, interpreting his expletive as some kind of regret, his heart fell on the floor. Last night was amazing for him, albeit confusing. He had gathered up courage to ask Jongin some questions that he has conjured from last night but it seems that the other is not interested. He pushed back the impending tears that pricked at the corner of his eyes and balled his hands into fists, not caring if he's crumpling his shirt. Who cares if he looks pitiful? He fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter