Chapter 1

Call Me: Monster

My life is supposed to be as good as my name, Hwa Young, which means eternal and beauty. My looks live up to my name. Although I don’t have parents anymore, I make that as my inspiration to be diligent on my studies for my future career success. During the day, I am a highschool senior student, and at night, I am a part-timer of a 24-hour convenient store.

 

Due to this, I always go home past midnight. The dark road, chilly air, and few passerby is not scary to me anymore. Unless it’s the weekend, I had grown accustomed to this type of surroundings. I’ve been riding the same bus, walking the same street, and no harm had occurred to me.

 

Well. Until that night came.

The night of my death.

 

Being a concern citizen that I am, I will not allow bullying to happen around my neighborhood. That night, I saw exactly… that. A guy was beaten almost to death by three people whose faces I couldn’t make out due to the darkness. My intuition told me to run away. Because it’s not my concern actually. Until one of those three guys pulled a Katana and targeted the poor guy.

 

In fear for the guy’s life, I quickly took out my whistle and played the gunshot.mp3 from my phone, which has a great speaker btw. This was supposed to be for my self-defense. I never thought I would actually use this to save someone’s life.

 

The three guys froze on their spot and looked around the area. I played the gunshot.mp3 again and then blew hard on the whistle.

 

I noticed one of the three got really scared and tried his best to talk to his buddies to run away. I throw a pebble near them along with the sound of gunshot. That eventually convinced the other two to escape the area. When the coast is clear, I immediately run towards the injured guy.

 

As soon as my knees touched the ground and my eyes saw his bloody face, all “I should help him”, thoughts are washed away on my system. After hearing my parents’ accident, this was the first time I was covered in fear again.

 

This guy doesn’t just look the part. He is a bad guy.

 

My eyes take turns from looking to the corpse behind him, a human organ on his hand, and the smirk creeping on his bloody face. Someone please tell me that I’m crazy. Because at that moment, I find this guy’s sharp stares, sly smirk, and dangerous aura…. Attractive.

 

My heart suddenly beats faster than when I was scared. My eyes couldn’t stop from looking at him. My throat was dry from the tension my inner self is battling. The most craziest thing among it all was when he held my wrist and I yelp in excitement. Excitement, people!

 

At that moment, he knew his effect on me. He knew I am starting to like him. Even though I don’t know why I was feeling that towards a stranger, I can see that he knows the answer.

 

“I’m creeping in your heart, babe,” he whispered in a very manly voice. It brought chills up my spine.

 

“I’m here to help you…” I frantically uttered in desperation.

 

My words brought a big smile on his lips. At that moment I thought, I just saw a big bad wolf ready to devour me alive.

My intuition was never been wrong.

 

Holding me firmly on his grasp, he gave me a promise that threatens my existence. “I’ll flip you over, break you down, and swallow you up. I’ll steal you and indulge you. I’m gonna mess you up.”

 

In a blink of an eye, as if lightning struck me painfully, his hand literally went inside my chest. I didn’t know that what he did is humanly possible. But I saw it with my own eyes, seconds before my vision started to blur.

 

My heart beats rapidly for this young lad but he literally squeezes it to a full stop.

What a way to receive heartbreak, Hwa Young. He literally broke your heart.

 

My life is slowly easing out of me. I have no idea being helpful could be the cause of your death. Stupid Hwa Young for having a smart brain but couldn’t use it properly. Stupid guy for being heartless.

 

He didn’t stop there from giving me pain though. In my deathbed, he whispered again.

“I’m engraved in your heart. So when I die… I will live forever.”

 

I didn’t know what he meant by that. Since between us two, I was the one on the verge of dying. After he released me, I was eaten by a very bright light. I guess I’m supposed to see that before the blackness of death takes me from the living world.

 

Elders always say don’t talk to strangers.

Well, Hwa Young says don’t help strangers.

 

 


 

“Is he dead?” a guy sitting on a throne asked the three guys who had just arrived.

“We beat him to death. His heart was heavily injured,” said the guy in a Katana.

“Unless you saw him dead that is not enough for me!”

“Stupid,” said the tall guy standing at the right side of the throne. His grin was a mock for the three guys that failed the mission.

“Unless Baekhyun find the woman, nothing can save him from death. He's most likely to be dead now,” said the red-haired guy squatting at the left side of the throne.

"Did you find her?" the guy on the throne, Suho, asked the red-haired guy, Chanyeol.

“We all searched for her in years but not one of us got any signs that she exists. The power of eternity that she possess is nothing but an illusion of hope for the like of us.”

“We are monsters and will always be… monsters.” Sehun uttered, the guy standing on the right side of the throne.