Play with me!

Jealous Whee-pup

Mamamoo are scheduled to perform at a university event but they have been delayed for about an hour. The reason being that there is a problem with two of the speakers, as they found out after asking one of the staff members.

Wheein is playing around in the waiting room, dancing to  songs that Hyejin is playing at random.
Solar and Moonbyul are playing rock, paper, scissors out of sheer boredom, where whoever loses gets a flick on the wrist.
Wheein is keenly aware of the Unnie line laughing and joking around. She wishes Moonbyul would play with her more. She's always sticking to Solar. Wheein frowns when she hears Solar's dolphin laugh, a pang of jealousy rushing through her.
"Ya I bet you can't dance to this." Hyejin says, playing f(x)'s red light, which does its job of distracting Wheein from her thoughts.
Hyejin knows her bestfriend's competitiveness so she keeps playing song after song to throw her off and make it more challenging.
However, Wheein smoothly dances and flows through the movements as if she has practiced it a hundred times before.
With a confident smile on her face no less.
Wheein's dancing catches the attention of Moonbyul.
Moonbyul loves watching Wheein dance. The younger girl is like a breath of fresh air. Wheein has a relaxed style but also has complete control of her movements.
"Wheein-ah come sit for a sec. You'll wear yourself down before the event starts." Moonbyul scolds her, tone firm yet gentle.
"Unnie, being young gives me extra energy. Don't worry." Wheein sticks her tongue out to the older girl, glad that Moonbyul is interacting with her.
She enjoys it when she teases Moonbyul about her age.
"Did you just mention my age again? You know I'm only a few years older than you right?"
Wheein taps Moonbyul's nose and says cheekily, "You're still older unnie."
At this, Moonbyul tackles Wheein to the ground and tickles her relentlessly.
"Say you're a cute puppy and I'll stop." Moonbyul says as she pokes Wheein's sides.
"Nooooo!" Wheein screams in between snorts of ridiculously contagious laughter. She tries to slither out of Moonbyul's grasp, but to no avail.
"Say it. I swear I won't stop until you do."
"I'M A CUTE PUPPY!"
Moonbyul grins widely and exclaims, "Yeah you are." She lets go of Wheein then, allowing the younger girl to catch her breath.
Wheein, in a giggling mess, manages a, "Dont you dare think I'll let that go Unnie!"
Struggling to get up, Wheein squints her eyes at Moonbyul.
"Come at me pup," Moonbyul says, hands gesturing in front of her.
Wheein pops her dimple and winks at the older girl. Forming a gun with her hand and says, "bangya!"
Moonbyul clutches her chest, gladly playing the role of the victim, drops to the floor and groans, "Ugh! You win."
Wheein keeps popping her dimple at Moonbyul.
"Stop there's only so much my heart can take!" Moonbyul says as she wraps her arms around her middle, pretending to fall unconscious after being shot multiple times by Wheein's dimple-popping act.
"I knew I'd win." Wheein says, a poisonously sweet grin on her face.
Standing up, Moonbyul places her hand on the girl's cheek.
"I swear your smile is a weapon."
Wheein, giddy with the compliment, hugs Moonbyul's side and tucks her chin under her neck.
"Unnie I think I like you."
"Aww Wheein-ah I like you too." Moonbyul mutters, resting her chin on top of the younger girl's head.
"You can go on stage now MAMAMOO." The Floor director walks in and announces, leading to a reluctant parting of the two girls.
________________________________________
The four of them are in the car on their way home.
Wheein makes sure to sit beside Moonbyul so she can cuddle with her Unnie.
She loves Moonbyul's warmth and the feeling she gets when she's near her. It's like all the stress and weariness seeps out of her body soon as she leans on Moonbyul. She also sleeps faster because Byul her head till she falls asleep.
Moonbyul wraps her slender arms around the small girl, hand reaching to rest on top of her hair, her thumb rubbing small circles on Wheein's head.
It helps Wheein sleep soundly- like a child who needs rest after running around the playground all day.
_________
Arriving at their building, they all bid each other good night.
They live in the same building on the same floor but different apartments.
Once in her apartment, Moonbyul changes into her pyjamas and collapses on her bed, exhausted from the back to back university appearances. She turns off the room's main light but keeps her night lamp on.
She is starting to drift off when the door to her bedroom slowly opens. Wheein reluctantly peeks from behind it. Wheein must have asked for the master key of the apartment from their manager.
"Unnie can I sleep here?" She asks meekly.
"You almost scared me Wheein-ah. You know you're welcome anytime. Come under the blankets; it's cold tonight."
Wheein jumps under the covers and immediately wraps her arms around Moonbyul, squeezing her waist affectionately.
"Unnie why are you extra sweet to Solar-unnie but not to me?" Wheein asks with a hint of jealousy in her voice, effectively breaking the comfortable silence between them.
"Where'd that come from?" Moonbyul looks down at the younger girl, taken aback.
"Just answer the question." Wheein doesn't answer, instead opting to hide her face in Moonbyul's neck.
Moonbyul tries to look at Wheein's face to see what is going on in her mind, but Wheein won’t meet her eyes.
She can almost feel Wheein's lips on her neck.
Still hiding in Moonbyul's neck, Wheein mumbles. "When we have events you always stick to Solar-unnie's side and you only play with me when she's not around." Wheein knows she sounds childish and she exaggerated a little bit on that last part but she has to say what's been bothering her.
"It’s because we are closer in age. Also, you’re always playing with Hyejin." Moonbyul rationalises.
"I see. But Unnie be sweet to me too okay?" Wheein sulks.
Moonbyul finds the younger girl's sudden request incredibly cute. She hugs Wheein tighter.
She leans her forehead to Wheein's and whispers. "I promise."
Moonbyul feels Wheein relax in her arms and hears the younger girl sigh.
"How bout we go on a date tomorrow? My treat. Let's do whatever you please. Just you and me."
Wheein looks up, gives a quick peck on Moonbyul's cheek and mutters an, "Okay.", aegyo tracing her voice. She buries her face in Moonbyul's neck again.
Moonbyul thanked God that night that the lights were on. Because she's sure her face was so red it would have been glowing.