Pourquoi [why]

Misheard Reality

Don't ask too much, curiosity kills.

The day went by in a flash. Hani was still in a daze with the amazing turn of events. She knew that from that day on her life would be an amazing rollercoaster ride. She spent her days with the boys which she found out were actually the school's most popular group, Bangtan Boys. Funny how she used to think they were all scumbags who lazed around and create trouble. Guess, she spoke too soon.

"Hani-yah~ Can you introduce me to Seokjin oppa?" Hani has been getting these kinds of requests lately. She thinks it's irritating but  find it quite entertaining to see girls almost kneeling down on their knees just to beg her. She thought, do they really have to lower their self-worth just for this? If they wanted to get to know the boys, they should just go ahead and approach them and not scheme like a mad cat. She apologised to Chloe- the girl begging her to introduce her to Jin. She can't just go and throw fangirls at the boys that would be like being their friend for the benefit of others. And that was the first time in her life she made friends with people. She didn't want to destroy their trust.

Hani headed to the back of the school where she usually relaxed and think. 

"You should really stay away from those boys." An unfamiliar stranger spoke from out of nowhere. She was leaning on the wall looking so smug.

"Are you one of those fangirls who'd harm anyone who gets close to their idols?" Hani spoke bravely sealing away the tension she is starting to feel.

The mysterious girl broke out in laughter and said, "Seriously? That's so cliche and I don't do fangirling. It's not my jam."

"Then why are you telling me to stay away from them?"

"They're dangerous. Stay away from them especially, Kitae." With just that the girl walked away.

Hani thought to herself how would those innocent boys be dangerous? And who was Kitae? As far as she knew, Bangtan boys only consisted of seven members with one she still hasn't met.


"Yo Hani waddup?" Namjoon called. It was a shock for Hani that he was in the same school as her and  was acquainted with Jimin and Jungkook. She remembered last week's events when she was invited to eat with them on the rooftop and then there she dropped her lunch to the ground out of surprise and went running to Namjoon and asked him why he was here. She shared her little encounter with Namjoon to the others and she had to share lunch with Jungkook out of her own clumsiness. She thought how lucky she was that Jungkook had quite an appetite because then she wouldn't have to starve.


Someone's POV

I knew them well but they're quite bewitching. Dangerous fellows, they can't be trusted.

end of pov


Hani was quite intrigued with this Kitae guy and she tried her best not to get curiosity the best of her but then she finally gave in and took the opportunity to ask Namjoon.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Well, you're already asking so fire away."

"Who's Kitae?"

With that there was a sudden pause. Namjoon was quite surprised.

"Where'd you get that name?" Something from his tone seemed quite off and surprised Hani.

bts_namjoon_rap_monster_png_transparent_background_by_zahrahope-dbalmdd.png

"Uh just heard it somewhere?" Hani was obviously tensed. Namjoon knew she didn't just 'heard' it somewhere, someone intentionally told her and that someone knew something.

"You'll know soon enough." He said and smiled but that didn't reassure Hani. She knew behind that name was a big secret and for some reason, she didn't want to find out.

She pushed away the thought and started talking about something else. She wanted to know more about her friends and get closer to them. Namjoon finally relaxed and started babbling away, he was one emotional guy and she took note of that.

Soon after, Jimin came and trailing behind him were the other four members of Bangtan. It was soon a lively mess around with Jimin teasing Jungkook, Seokjin having a serious conversation with Namjoon and Jhope dancing around without music if Hani didn't knew better she'd think he was a drunkard grooving without melody. She sat there beside Yoongi, who didn't seem to care about her existence. He was busy writing something on a notebook, now that she thought about it, he always had that notebook in hand. Hani wanted to break the awkward atmosphere and try to converse with him -- partly trying to shut down Jhope from getting her to dance with him.

tumblr_inline_np39prEqZ01tuqa21_500.gif

"Uhm what are you writing?" She asked as she poke Yoongi on the arm.

"Lyrics." He answered without giving her a single glance. That made her thought to herself that she must be unbearable to spare a glance at.

"I don't dislike you." She was caught off guard with that statement.

"Are you a mind reader?"

"No, but I could read facial expressions."

"Pfffft you weren't even looking at me."

Yoongi stopped writing and closed his notebook, Hani kept observing and then unexpectedly, he inched closer to her. Hani stayed still fearing that if she'd move their faces would collide.

"What if I tell you, I always had eyes for you?"

"Pardon?"

"Now that you've entered our world, you're in danger now." And with that he pulled away and sat there as if nothing happened. Jungkook who kept a close watch suddenly fell silent, in his angle of view Yoongi kissed Hani and then he thought to himself, why would Yoongi kiss Hani? He felt irritated and he didn't know why. Was it just his protective instinct toward a friend or something more than that? Jungkook pushed away the thought and then turned to look at Yoongi, he saw that little smile he was trying to conceal and with that his mood was ruined for the day. Jimin went and sat back beside Jungkook after getting some drinks. He tried to make conversation but was shut away by the younger. He sat there confused and a little embarrassed.

Jhope finally calmed down and stayed put, then he got a bright idea.

"Hani yah~ let's exchange numbers~" He asked a little cutely.

"Okay~" She replied imitating the same tone which earned her a pinch on the cheek.

"Hey no fair! Include us too." Seokjin and Namjoon said at the same time which made them jinx each other.

They all exchanged numbers except a little sulking hamster in the corner. Hani approached him with phone in hand.

"Kookie yah~ lets's exchange numbers, you only have my kakao as a means of communication."

"No thanks." He answered rather coldly.

"Yah Jungkookie! Did my no jams virus affect you already?" Jimin asked jokingly.

"Shut up hyung. Hani, I'll take you home it's getting late, kajja." He said and dragged her away leaving the rest dumbfounded with the behavior of their maknae.

"Aigoo he took another step away from me~" Jimin dramatically monologued to himself and in exchange he earned looks of disgust.


"What's wrong Kookie?"

"Nothing."

"But you're acting like the last ti--" Hani couldn't finish what she was saying because Jungkook suddenly leaned over to kiss her. She pushed him away and slapped him. She couldn't believe what just happened and ran away.

Jungkook was confused as to why he did that, he sat down in the waiting shed and messed up his hair because there was one thing that he knew,  he messed up.