Open Book

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

If there’s anyone ever considered Jungkook as an open book, most probably that person was none other than Taehyung. Ever since the moment he got the younger was sniffling on his crib, it caused him stopped to take notice and he couldn’t take his eyes away even though they were still babies. Deep inside the little pair of round and watery orbs, the three-year-old Taehyung could see the pureness. There was an instant connection arose, which he didn’t want to leave Jungkook and that was why Taehyung made himself cried when his parents said they must departed from the orphanage.

Taehyung couldn’t separate himself from Jungkook since day one, moreover for a whole week, he stayed in the baby’s room. Jungkook was crying almost in daily basis, perhaps trying to adapt with the new setting inside the Kim’s mansion. Taehyung brought all his toys, drawing tools, coloring book, everything that he owned as being the second resident there quickly. Up till one day he could make the infant laughed when showing him the super messy sketch he created as the two of them holding hands in the middle of a meadow. By that time, none of both were probably understood what it actually meant, nonetheless, the smile Jungkook had made Taehyung promised that he needed to see it every day. Thereafter, Jungkook still kept that drawing over his headboard by sixteen years later on.

The family’s second son might have his blood related with Seokjin, but what he had with the youngest may be out of the ordinary planned by the divinity. Taehyung loved both Seokjin and Jungkook without exception though. Perchance was also Jungkook’s destiny to have better life rather than he should spend it alone, like what Taehyung perceived back in the institution. Ever since then Taehyung could interpret what Jungkook would be feeling— all the more so, it had given him the easiest access to read.

 

It took no time for Taehyung to comprehend, Jungkook was all being jittery whenever Suzy was near, since he woke up from the last treatment as he forced them to witness it. If he recalled, he had seen the younger would talk a bit comfortably and more often to his girlfriend, as for someone like Jungkook, it never was an easy thing to do unless toward himself. The single message Jungkook sent, resulted Taehyung to know that he meant what he said, as the feeling was entirely clear and sincere. Sometimes Taehyung wished he could watch Jungkook going through his first love experience, just like himself when he felt the world was full of fondness whenever the significant other was around. Except one thing Taehyung skipped, he never expected Jungkook to feel it toward someone he claimed as the love of his life. He supposed the younger must be hurting, yet keeping it as he was hard falling.

 

Taehyung and Suzy were the last to enter their holiday house by the evening. By means of the younger kept track of what his girlfriend bought from the trip. “Did you enjoy today?”

Suzy nodded and soon Taehyung was grabbing the paper bags from her grip. She eyed him as both were walking through the front yard path and answered, “I guess so.”

The cheery boy curved the edge of his lips, whether it was indistinct. “Jungkook’s not bad, isn’t he?”

The older girl raised an eyebrow, gasping. “Are you jealous ‘cause I spent almost half a day with Jungkook? Oh my God! Could you be any cuter??” Suzy threw a hand to his shoulder as she beamed.

Taehyung replied her with his signature boxy smile and kept watching her in advance. When she left to the bedroom, he muttered well along, “Should I?”

 

In the biggest room at the center, Taehyung entered when he saw Seokjin was already lying on the futon with one hand covering his forehead. The eldest’s eyes were closed and the middle child was sure he heard some soft snores. Taehyung then shifted to look at Jungkook who was leaning to the wall and played with his phone.

“Kookie, do you want to go with hyung for a walk?”

Jungkook frowned through Taehyung’s request as all of them merely got back from an outing since the morning. Just the same as Taehyung, Jungkook hasn’t changed his attire and was all set to go for another stroll.

The youngest then was on his feet after pocketing the device and he responded, “Sure, Taetae hyung.”

The habit of Jungkook stuffing his hands inside his pocket were occurring a bit much whenever he was with a person who caused him feeling nervous. It was the most unusual thing for Jungkook to be nervous around Taehyung though, unless what the older told earlier kept replaying inside his notion.

Not even five minutes they left the temporary dwell, Taehyung has stated something and triggered Jungkook to become even more on edge.

“If what I assumed was true, you can keep on walking with me because I’d like to talk to you more about it…” Taehyung’s voice was deep, as if it can be deeper— then yes, it was by that point. “But, if you guess hyung is overthinking, then you can turn around and I’m going back with you to the house.”

Jungkook made a full stop. He stared at the older solemnly within the depth of the night, whereas Taehyung was doing the same back at him. A burden Jungkook sensed sitting on his shoulder. Hitherto, it was too late for him asking himself to wait on something that was so out of his control. Subsequently, Jungkook tugged Taehyung’s sleeve and he led them going further from where they were.

 

After all this time, it was true that Jungkook would still be Taehyung’s open book. And yet it can’t be untrue, Jungkook would wait until Taehyung passed away to delay the biggest emotion he felt right from his heart.

 

Taehyung twined his arm inside Jungkook’s as they marched with no words for the next twenty minutes. They already passed some eating places and means they had been walking quite far toward an area full of activity. The city was rather busy with cars’ honk blaring while street vendors were still serving their customers, on top that it was almost nine in the pm. Taehyung wondered if he could break the silence Jungkook had in amidst all those noises.

“Kookie, it’s me…”

Jungkook turned to whom made a face with his significant chocolate orbs. Taehyung reckoned by that look he was given and what he needed to respond.

“We talk about everything… I mean, me and you are not supposed to hold back any of it.”

The younger exhaled since what his brother spoke was true and he never— ever— hid anything from his Taetae hyung.

“But, it’s about us loving the same person, hyung… How could I talk to you over this kind of thing?” There was guilt tangled within Jungkook’s words, which Taehyung grasped him now a grown up that he had truly falling for someone.

“My Kookie is growing up…” said Taehyung as he tightened the grip on the other’s limb.

“Taetae hyung,” Jungkook felt his voice was softer than the soggy fish cake they saw on one of the stalls. “It’s my first time and I don’t think this will be my last… I can guarantee you that I’ll do it a lot for different girls and I won’t—”

“She’s my first too, Jungkook.” Taehyung mirrored Jungkook’s stern expression as they fixed stares at each other. “And I know she’s one of the last I got to see before I’ll be gone…”

The bit shorter sighed quietly a few times afore he needed to go all the way. “That’s because you know you have very limited of time, Tae hyung.”

Both of them trapped in such long stillness, as in the end broke by Taehyung’s sincerest smile the younger had ever gotten.

“I’ll do it again even if I still get a hell long of lifetime.” The older added, “I know I will be falling for her, over and over again.”

Jungkook didn’t require a second thought, for the idea that he would as well do the same.

 

Taehyung and Jungkook ended up trying out street foods and didn’t forget to buy some for take-outs. By the time they reached the front yard, they saw Seokjin sat on the porch as his expressions lightened to observe his younger brothers.

“Thank God, you’re home!” The eldest threw his body to be fitted by those two and wrapped his hands to encircle them.

“Hyung, what’s up?” Taehyung was the first to question while trying to support the older’s weight and tapping his nape.

On the other hand, Jungkook was attempting to get off. “Ew! Hyung, gross!”

Seokjin scanned the surrounding as occasionally was looking back to the house. “Suzy is now being so mad because she caught Taeyong sleeping with Joohyun… I can’t stand hearing her non-stop scream—”

Taehyung and Jungkook glanced at each other before they rushed inside the building. They discerned Suzy might kill the finest-looking one if they were situated by this kind of state.

 

Joohyun fidgeted on her spot when Taehyung and Jungkook came in, respectively pulling away Taeyong and shielded him from Suzy. The exasperation in Suzy’s countenance was indescribable and she appeared cannot tolerate further of Taeyong’s action. The person she was mad at seemed didn’t have much time previously to get well-dressed and with his bare torso, he put his hands on hips, still trying to give explanation.

“We know we both want it… Right, sweetheart?” he eyed Joohyun— fake— lovingly, from Taehyung’s behind and it caused Suzy almost jumped on him.

Thankfully, Jungkook was the one holding her strong enough.

Suzy had almost throw up because of Taeyong’s artificial, sweet tone, which she knew the actual bitterness that followed. “You just want to get inside her pants since you first met her!”

“Suzy-yah…” Joohyun squeezed the sleeve of the oversized sweater, which all could expect it was Taeyong’s and was different from what she wore on the day. “I like him, really—”

“Eonni, stop!” Suzy steered, to quickly shushed the older. “You know how many girls he had laid his filthy hands on?? Do you know two days ago he had with a flight attendant on our flight?! This one would do anything to have like animals!”
 

Joohyun fell into muteness for what her younger cousin has exclaimed. The sound of low chuckle cracked their focus later and it came from Taeyong.

“You’re aware that you were one of them, huh?”

“Hey!” Jungkook was the first one to react toward Taeyong’s point on Suzy.

At the moment, Taehyung must protect his best friend and prevent him to be punched by his younger brother.

“Excuse me?” Seokjin’s jaw almost dropped and he couldn’t believe what he listened into this argument. “You and Taeyong?” He aimed both to the younger and taller girl.

The other girl soon excused herself, collecting her belongings and she didn’t spare a look to Taeyong. Even if she did, it was pure of disgust and she owed her cousin an apology, although the younger has obliged by some justification. Suzy went after Joohyun then as the boys stayed inside the house.

 

“Tae, you need to cut down a bit…”

Taehyung tried to lecture his best friend in his own way being patient as ever. He should have known better when he entered their room and found Taeyong was nowhere in sight, means he should’ve started searching in every corner of the house.

“I’m sorry if I need to raise tone to your girlfriend, Tae…” Taeyong replied him, already composed when putting on some black pullover.

They were talking at the living space when Jungkook and Seokjin were not there.

“No, I mean for your ual will...”

Taeyong smirked when Taehyung looked serious and there was a short pause amongst them.

“You know that’s probably a thing I can’t live without.”

Taehyung’s unmoving stare settled at his best friend as they both were sitting by the table. “Why did I feel like you’re getting back at her by fooling around with her cousin?”

Taeyong steadily fixed his focus on the pal in front of him. “You know me, Tae… Even if I did like her that much, I’m not the type to be loyal to one person. For Joohyun noona, it’s purely because I think she’s pretty and cute.”

Taehyung crossed his arms and still pondering over, a bit questioning what Taeyong told. He rubbed his chin as the honesty he sensed through Taeyong’s words were almost a hundred percent true. Besides, it was either Taeyong or Seokjin, whom can be his second open book by fifty to seventy percent accuracy.

Nevertheless, Taehyung was too naïve that he supposed no one could count him as theirs.

“You can’t let your hope hangs on everyone, Tae.”

Taeyong could see through Taehyung, whether it was because their years of friendship, or his natural sharp instinct.

Taehyung was raising a brow, already figuring what the other meant behind it. “I know… You’re too much of a jerk that I can’t give my only hope to you… And I’m saying it sincerely as your best friend.”

Both Taehyung and Taeyong laughed for the sarcasm intended in their conversation. For a while, they the TV and continued their night with a ninja show that barely half of it Taeyong could translate to the tanned.

Somewhere in the middle, Taehyung mumbled on something that Taeyong could catch in between his gum chewing. “I found someone that I can leave my hope with.”

Surprisingly, Taeyong gave him an answer which he really didn’t anticipate. “Oh, so you already know…”

Taehyung froze on his seating spot, gaping hard at Taeyong whom looked coolly still focusing to the huge screen.

“H-how do you know?”

“I have my own way…” Taeyong replied casually not bothering Taehyung being damn confused.

In fact, he skipped the part that he eavesdropped Jungkook’s conversation with his friends at school and how the younger wanted to strike him when he found out. He must say, he was sorry for saying those stuff to Jungkook, but it made him also comprehended what was true feeling could be all about.

Seokjin passed the living space from the bathroom with his half-dried hair, bath sheet wrapping his lower body. The eldest joined the youngers by the TV and he seemed still couldn’t believe what happened previously.

“Really? You and Suzy?” he aimed it again at Taeyong whilst drying up his hair with the smaller towel.

Taeyong tilted his head, without any second passed and by then, he attempted it modestly. “I was kidding, hyung…”

“No way!” Seokjin scoffed as he spared glance to his younger brother who appeared calm watching them. His eyes trailed off to the closed room where the youngest was probably asleep. “And why Jungkook was that mad when Taeyongie said that?”

“Uh… Jungkook has nothing to do with it.”

Taehyung had put a stop to more and more exposure, one at a time.

 


 

A/N: VKook would forever be alive don't you worry!!! :p :p

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And I hope you can see that Taeyong is not all bad (okay I know he's disgusting with all the , but—) he can start being good to some people... ;)

  

 

 

 

 

 

Please leave many comments 주세요!!!