Lost in Rescue

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

Taeyong groaned, having almost every part on his right build hit by what he supposed of a car in such rainy— and gloomy— day. He still had the energy of beholding around, to find nothing as being at the spot of the incident, except the white vehicle stopped beside of his laying body on the road. He, then, put his one better arm to cover his head for the overbearing pain. Thinking that it was probably going to be his end.

In seconds, there was a panicking tone of a girl’s scream, with the heels sound clacking through the way. She was the car’s driver, who seemingly was arguing with someone over the phone whereas she did not realize a person was crossing the street when dashing through the red light.

The unknown girl kneeled to Taeyong’s side as she was taking his hand. “Oh my God, you’re bleeding…” She noticed the aching he sensed when he was still half opening his orbs. “And you got bruises… Oh my God, I’m so sorry…”

Taeyong was not too clear-headed to see her full façade, yet he could sense that she’s beautiful enough to be an angel and not referring only to the white dress she was wearing.

“A-are you going to take me?” He asked with his hoarse voice, bearing the ache.

“No, no… Jesus, I’m going to call for some help, wait here,”

She released his hand and once again, he groaned when it clearly hit the hard and wet surface. In another jiff, the girl was back on his side but seemed, the help she tried to attain was nowhere to be responded. She attempted to give another try for a few times, yet still got no answer. At that moment, she held Taeyong’s hand yet again.

“What’s your name?” She questioned him anxiously, as she gently tapped his cheek when he struggled to open his eyes, then it’d make her feel better. “Please tell me that you’re still with me…”

He asked again, “Am I still alive?”

“Of course you are!” Her worried expression has changed into bursting of tears, clasping her both hands to enclose his on her forehead. As well as she was watching him again. “What’s your name seriously?”

“I-I’m Taeyong… Lee Taeyong,”

“Oh, Taeyong-ssi… I really, really need to go right now— Do you have someone I could call to inform about this?”

Taeyong could not answer that one since the pain became more tormenting, possibly because he strived a lot to keep himself conscious. He did hear the girl was saying her name, but he could not catch it clear and it did not remain well into his head. Well along, he perceived a sound of tires screeched, not far from where he was placing.

 

Seokjin made his way out, even though the rain was falling so hard. Hence it was wary of him seeing another car making stop in the middle of an empty road. He saw a girl in all-white-clothing was drenched, holding a hand from someone lying on the ground— whom looked so familiar, except for the very much darker hair.

“Taeyong-ah!”

Seokjin shrieked as he was kneeling to be right next to the younger, even did he shoved the other person aside, he did not pay much attention to it.

“Did you hit him? Did you cause this?” He questioned the girl who was surprised for his appearance, as he was placing the younger’s head on his lap.

“Y-yes…” She answered by guilt, truly shown from her countenance. “Do you know him?”

“He’s my brother’s best friend,” He responded whilst striving to get Taeyong awake, before was scrutinizing her. “You need to go with me to the police station after rushing him to the hospital.”

She puckered as did not getting why he was grabbing her arm, most likely prevented her to get away. Hitherto, she had a disagreement to throw at him. “Hey! I know I made a mistake, but don’t you think reporting me to the police is a bit too much? In fact, if I didn’t have any good intention for him I would’ve been leaving this spot right after I hit him with my car…”

“Hey, I know you’re pretty, but you cannot avoid the law just because of it.” Seokjin countered as he was wiping his soaked face and pushing his hair back, enhancing his good looks.

She scoffed, yet didn’t have a good amount of argument to react at him. It was when the said victim was starting to get his consciousness, once more.

“Seokjin hyung…”

“Yes, Taeyong-ah… It’s me, I’m here.”

Seokjin sneered to the unknown girl as he was focusing at Taeyong right by the moment.

Taeyong said with his very low voice. “I-I’m fine, hyung… She can go because she said to me she really needs to—“

Yah!” Seokjin yelled to the younger. “How come you defend someone who brings such damage to you like this?”

“Thank God for hearing my prayer,” she leaned in to touch Taeyong’s forehead, before was slipping a tiny white sheet into his pullover pocket. “I wish I can see you again in much better situation…”

She smiled so lovingly to the boy who was closing his eyes, in advance of eyeing to the other one who’s on the mend. “Hope I don’t get to see you, though.”

“Neither do I, you such a pretty…little evil.”

Seokjin signaled her to just leave as he was later carrying Taeyong, until he has been seated properly on his passenger’s seat. Judging by the younger’s injuries, he could get that Taeyong was blacking out, yet for another time.

“Hopefully you’ll be okay until we reach my home.”

He stated before starting his car engine then driving away.

 

Suzy was still having her mood down, as she did not mind the tea served by the housemaids, as it ordered from Jungkook. They were at the house sitting room after the boy dragged her into there, avoiding the excessive fall outside. He did not as well ask anything from the girl, since he observed something’s wrong must be happened between her and Taehyung. If not, how could Taehyung left his girlfriend alone by open-air, in the middle of the pouring rain. Not to mention, he noticed her puffy eyes, as well as his hyung has been bad-tempered when he asked him to play earlier.

Jungkook offered Suzy the pile of towel prepared, again by the housemaids, to dry up her whole wet outfit. He even suggested her to change into some clothes that probably had worn by their mother. However, she said no for the favor, as inquiring the younger instead.

“Did Taehyung told you to be nice to me?”

Jungkook furrowed his brows, steadily looking at his brother’s thought girlfriend. “No… I’m doing it as per my own will.”

“Oh…” Suzy merely was responding as she should be, before looking down to the carpeting.

He asked her in return, “Did you have fight with Taetae hyung?”

Without sparing a glance to the younger, Suzy has giggled and confused Jungkook even further. She shook her head in disbelief, in advance to look up and stare at him. “You’ll know how it feels when you get older.”

“Noona, I’m old enough to know about that kind of thing.” Jungkook replied, blurting out stuff which been filling up his chest. “Above all people, I think you should stop referring me as a kid.”

“Then, do you know how does it feels when you’re facing a break-up?”

Jungkook clenched his fist, yet didn’t know exactly what to answer. He really was not yet having the entire experience. It was true in some way and how Suzy would always have stated him as the boy she met when meeting the freshman Taehyung— let alone himself, who was attending middle school by then.

Converting the discourse, returning to the beginning Jungkook did, as it was strange for Taehyung to break up with Suzy— whom he always loved with his whole might.

“That’s non-sense… How could you break up with all this stuff, knowing he—“

Suzy chimed in the sentence as she needed to uphold for that one. “I don’t have any choice if he decided to. Especially, when I admit I have made a stupid mistake.”

Jungkook felt his heart skipped a beat, when he saw the bliss that usually came out from her beaming face, here and now has been replaced with vivid sorrow. He never wished to witness it, within the admiration suddenly formed for this particular miss.

 

“Kookie…”

Taehyung dragged his feet, seeking for his younger brother to their interconnecting rooms. He didn’t find him wherever he searched in the place.

He asked a butler he met on the hallway, where he got the information that Jungkook was with Suzy, still in the living space. Taehyung swallowed the lump inside his throat as he saw the girl was sitting across Jungkook later in the said room. He leaned to the wall, did not ready to face her as soon as he just stated for them breaking up previously. He watched how her eyes were swollen and he could not, actually, forgive himself for being the reason behind it.

Taehyung chose to finally get in the room. Inaudibly and slowly, was taking seat next to Jungkook. “Hi,” He muttered to the two persons been present.

Both Suzy and Jungkook knew, the boxy smile of his has been faking when he threw it at them.

“I need to work on my school paper,”

Jungkook mumbled as he was getting up, but Taehyung had apparently detaining.

“Everybody knows you never cared about your homework.”

What Taehyung stated was exact as the whole world has acknowledged it. Jungkook never liked even waking up in the morning to go to school. He was forced to be with the two olders, who just had broken up as probably would not talk to each other, apart from himself.

Taehyung squinted at him, before remarking unexpectedly to Suzy. “I ask Mr. Oh to drive you home, alright?”

“No, thanks. I bring my own car here…” Suzy responded as she was starting to unwrapping the bath sheet, dried in her figure. “I guess I should go now.”

“No, no… Hold on.”

Jungkook stretched out his arms to begin talking over it with them. He stared at Taehyung with his round eyes, obviously was beckoning on something, which Taehyung was not so sure of. He stuttered, “Hyung, you cannot just break up with her.”

Jungkook, then shifted his view to Suzy.

Out of his anticipation, the two of them had merely chuckled to the thing he said. Unfortunately, had caused the younger feels even more senseless.

“What? Was it funny to any of you?”

“Kookie,” Taehyung patted his brother head fondly. “It’s not as simple as it seems.”

Jungkook raised an eyebrow, as for continuing his probe. “Try me. I want to hear what’s your excuse for breaking up…”

“Things can be so wrong when two people chose to be in a relationship.” Taehyung replied.

“Yeah, but don’t you two love each other?”

Taehyung nodded, as he looked to Suzy who seemed giving her full consideration to his dialogue with the younger. “Sometimes, it’ll be more difficult if we forced ourselves to keep being together.”

In which she gave him an unwilling affirmation. “You heard him, little man…”

Jungkook glared at her, whilst she was shrugging for what she has specified to him. “I’m not little anymore! I’m this close to be an adult, don’t you know?!”

“Okay, I’m sorry.”

Suzy uttered to Jungkook, but it didn’t prevent him to indicate leaving the room. As if Taehyung has perceived, he then tried to curve his lips, by way of smiling earnestly at her.

Jungkook has returned to the sitting room in merely a minute. Rushing, as he followed some ruckus happening when Seokjin was arriving to their home.

“Taeyong hyung got into an accident.”

He spoke to the quite dazed Taehyung and Suzy.

 

Taehyung looked beyond worried, as he led Seokjin and some of their helpers fetching Taeyong to one of the household’s bedrooms. Jungkook was in charge to get the doctor on call, as Suzy was stiffened, partly wondered did it was her harsh words had coming true to reality. She remembered about declaring to have him gone from her life, but it never meant to be actual such at this time. Pure regret had she felt by the moment.

Thankfully, when later doctor had come inspecting Taeyong’s condition. He just had some wounds to be taken care of, as it was his right hand that need to be put in cast and be supported for a couple weeks. By now, the latter needed to have fully rested and Taehyung surely has offered the best friend to stay until his condition would be getting better.

At the other side, Suzy had eventually left the occupied area, as she must be leaving the Kim’s mansion quick. Nothing she could do to fix what has been broken there.

“Hey, wait…”

That was when she heard someone called while she exited the main door, turned out it was none other than Taehyung.

“Don’t you want to wait until Taeyong wakes up?”

Suzy just shook her head, by means of staring at him, who was still at the verge.

“No, I guess it won’t be necessary.” She beamed sadly as she was needed to say goodbye to him. “You’ll take care of Taeyong, won’t you?”

Taehyung appeared to be reliving all the pain, he knew exactly how both of them would be feeling dejected toward the break-up. He swallowed the lump, once again that holding things he actually wanted to say at her.

“What if what you’ve done has meant something more?”  He asked as he attempted to came across at ease.

She had merely shaken her head. “What if, you don’t need to worry about a thing that you already knew the answer?” She tried not to pull a face. “I’m not denying whatever you’re going to blame me, ‘cause I know I made a huge mistake, so you’re allowed to do that.”

“No, that’s not all for it.” Taehyung faced down and then at her again. “It’s just… He’s my best friend—”

“But, I chose you, Taehyung.” Suzy bit back the sobs that were going to land once more. Her hand waved for walking backwards, marching to her vehicle. “I don’t know what to do anymore, and to make you understand what I truly feel about you… I feel so lost.”

Taehyung didn’t turn in the wave when he let her go. Thenceforth, he was also allowing the waterworks streaming through, ahead of her disappearing from his sight.

 


 

First day at college, Suzy felt that it came too soon after all the occurrences happened a day before. Her mind was seemed in another dimension, she called it where she left the entire sense to think that she might not be getting back together with Taehyung. She needed to if she did not want to drown by her overloading thoughts— ninety nine percent was simply about it.

She woke up a bit too early, as she was soon be getting ready. However, there was no sign of her best friend slash college partner Jinri has been waking up next door. She chose to walk betimes and went to the nearest convenience store to the university, as she attempted to buy rice balls and fill up her empty stomach. Well, it was better to look over the newfound setting, instead of getting the same dull view when you were feeling sad, right?

Her little, lonely time must be ended soon, as a familiar car pulled over the site and someone was surely enthused to see her.

“Suzy-yah, what are you doing here so early?”

Seokjin dragged the chair next to her. Reckoned to his appearance— well-suited with cashmere sweater casing a shirt, and nice jeans— he was also ready to be a transfer student at the same place at hers.

“I can’t sleep and I’m hungry.” She merely answered with full of rice.

Seokjin stared at her, by way of resting his chin on top of the table. “Did you break up with Taehyung?”

Suzy needed a while to finish consuming her meal properly, didn’t mean that she could cover the bewilderment by his bluntness.

“Don’t you aware about personal space, oppa?” Suzy sighed after drinking her carton milk in one go.

Seokjin quirked an eyebrow as he had messed with her hair. “I just know it from him, since I was with him, like after the sunrise.”

“Yeah, right… I forgot that you guys are brothers living under the same roof.” Suzy mumbled whilst fixing her tresses. “What were you doing then?”

“We went for a jog, even though I recalled his doctor said not too waste his energy too much,” Seokjin shrugged. “But, I think he was too stressed that he needs to release it with running.”

“Why were you letting him to do so? Was he okay? And how many miles did you guys had gone for?”

Seokjin tilted his head, sniggering to the worried looking girl. “Suzy-yah, Taehyung is so fit and strong for someone who’s actually very ill… You don’t have to worry too much and let’s have fun in college!”

Suzy was not all but want to cheer up along with Seokjin’s liveliness. She hasn’t had enough energy to be contented, so she just forced a smile coming out from her lips. Seokjin, then went inside the convenience store to buy a coffee for a morning starter.

 

Suzy observed a girl was struggling to collect her scattered belongings, in not too far, as she perhaps had bumped into someone carelessly by its access. She went quick to help her, while later she noticed that the girl had also the similar registration sheet as the one she had for administration. The girl she assisted was lovely, for her own opinion, more than ever when she smiled at her with her neatly lined up teeth.

“Thank you so much.” She spoke gratefully to Suzy, who just gave her the last notebook left from the ground. In advance of she scratched her head. “Ah, why should I be so unlucky since yesterday?”

“You better have a good case, since I just broke up yesterday,” Suzy uttered by looking down. She swapped her long face with a beam to the girl, nonetheless, who was a bit shorter than her. “Never mind… Hey, are you going to the national uni?”

She glanced at her, before grinning prettily yet again. “Yes, this is going to be my first day…” She shook her head, as offering Suzy a handshake. “I’m Kim Jisoo, but you can call me Jisoo,”

Suzy smiled earnestly as she got back with her greeting.

“Are you also going, or, is there any chance that you are my senior?”

“No,” Suzy beamed knowing that she just got a new friend, which was not too bad for a first day. “This will be my first year in college as well… And I’m Bae Suzy. You can refer me simply as Suzy, alright Jisoo?”

Jisoo has appeared so joyful when she listened to Suzy’s respond. Those two, then sat on the table left when Suzy has helped Jisoo previously. They talked about their first session and turned out, they both would also majoring in composition.

To where Seokjin had returning after buying the hot beverage and out of the blue, he pointed out to Suzy’s new friend.

“You…? Pretty little evil, aren’t you?!”

Seokjin exclaimed, as Jisoo couldn’t help but frown, getting it was really him.

 

Back in the Kim’s mansion that morning, Jungkook had purposely sat beside the still sleeping Taeyong. The younger was all set to go to school, yet he needed to hand some things, which were the clothes used by the older when he arrived yesterday— being unconscious.

Jungkook didn’t really know why Taehyung asked him to look over Taeyong, instead of doing it by himself. However, when it came to something requested by Taehyung, Jungkook would always had the tendency to directly stated yes.

The younger did stare at the sleeping soul, yet until Taeyong had opened his eyes and lifted his head up. He was groaning in pain when he tried to support his body with the right hand.

“Hyung, your right hand is broken, so I suggest you to put the cast when you’re going out from this room…” Jungkook winced as he assisted Taeyong to lean on the bedrest.

Taeyong has nodded to thank him, as he was looking at the surrounding to realize that he was not in his dwell.

“I remembered seeing Jin hyung, but I didn’t think he’d take me your house,”

Jungkook hummed, “Guess it was then Taetae hyung’s choice to keep you here.”

Taeyong was distracted to catch what Jungkook had easily supposed. Nevertheless, he didn’t want the matter to be widely spread and trying to keep it just for himself, as for others who had the rights to find out.

“Anyway,” Jungkook shifted to give Taeyong his clean, washed pullover and pants. Seemed has been laundered by the housemaids earlier. “I need to go now and this is your stuff, just in case you want to leave.”

The older just nodded once again, “Thanks.” He mumbled it when Jungkook had stood up, before parting him alone in the room.

Taeyong was spotting there was a small crumpled paper on top of the folded linen. He took it, as he attempted to read what was written, since it felt had rinsed by the washing machine.

“Kim Jisoo?” He tried to recall when someone had it within, turned out to be a simple name card along with his belongings.

 


 

A/N: I hope you'll love the addition of Jisoo, whom I thought looks alike Jin a lot xD 

 

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE COMMENTS 주세요!!!