A Precious While

To: Our Dear Tae,
 
 

It was Taehyung who was still wide awake, even when he had heard Jungkook’s soft snores replacing the weep. He peeped to the wall clock, noticing it wasn’t too late to go out after all. In advance of he placed Jungkook’s limb, which previously was on his hold— not to mention, his chest began to feel numb after withholding it quite long— so that the younger could be dozing by well-positioned. 

“Urgh… Hyung, don't go...”

He perceived the groan from the sleeping soul, which forced him to be back in the previous position. Since Jungkook seemed didn’t want to let go of seizing his hand, even when he had already in the dreamland. Jungkook’s face looked so worn-out compared to most days when he had diligently practicing for dancing, hence Taehyung felt bad for it.

“Kookie, hyung is so sorry for causing such mess…”

He said as he was the little brother’s forehead, fixing the duvet, and not so long after, he tiptoed leaving the room.

 


 

Taeyong’s thoughts were interfered by more or less situation, which he imagined of how his life would continue after Taehyung’s has ended. He had inaudibly told his brain to keep it away, as far as it could be, while he was trying to let the drowsiness in glancing to his dozing hyung on the only three-seaters at the space. And as if it was on cue, he heard his phone buzzing, in addition of the name popped out on screen was none other than Taehyung himself.

“Hello…”

Hey, TaeIt’s me.”

“I have the caller ID to show me your name, Tae…”

The warm laugh he caught from the other line was not making he sensed content as it used to.

You’re awake?

He nodded and he knew Taehyung wouldn’t be catching it. “Yeah… It’s like ten minutes to eleven and I’m not that sleepy, yet.”

Oh…

It was dubious for them to have such awkward silence.

Taeyong recommenced. “What’s your excuse to not doze at the time?”

Not really feel like doing it…” Taehyung replied. “Well, I don’t have that many time to waste though—

“Kim Taehyung, that’s not funny… I’m so against it right now! Don’t say that, please.”

Taeyong had his head lowered for the reason he contemplated what Taehyung meant perhaps was different than he thought.

“Tae, I’m sorry… I think that’s not what I supposed—“

Relax, Tae… I know that… I know you.

He facepalmed himself, letting a sigh out, hoping for Taehyung not hearing it.

“Well, shall I see you tomorrow at school?”

Hmm, I don’t think I can guarantee of going for school tomorrow… Can you please once more replace me, dear class pres?

“Shut up, the title is yours now, not mine anymore…” Taeyong simpered, although he faked it as a chuckle, with the purpose of Taehyung would be getting it. “You’re going to the hospital again or?”

I think I might be overtaking my nighttime, right now…

“Oh, you’re going to someplace?”

Kind of…

“Oh…” Taeyong didn’t comprehend why he kept thinking about one subject thus he mumbled. “Just say hi to her, then…”

Busted.

He simply shook his head as the pal was continuing.

You know me so well…

“Yeah, right.” Taeyong forced a smile to be put on his cold lips. “Just like you know me, Tae…”

 


 

Suzy rolled her eyes for the nth time only she and God know for how many. She was sort of stuck in the middle of excited Seokjin and Jinri, who had their exchange without paying attention to the clock. They were all in her place though and she couldn’t go anywhere for thinking of how would be Jinyoung blaming her for leaving those two alone. She needed to remind the best friend that she was already had this loving boyfriend she ever wished for. Even though she knew she might not be the most guiltless soul as well.

Another while passed and thankfully, the knocking on her door had given a trivial hope for Suzy to get rid of the seclusion. Taehyung was standing in front of it, with his fleece jacket hung perfectly, wrapping the only black tee and jeans as he flashed a smile that somehow had always warmed her heart.

“Hi,” he exclaimed before was pecking her cheeks in jiffy. “Can I come in?”

“Sure…”

Suzy swung the door opened, flaunting the sight of Seokjin and Jinri in the living room.

“Hyung!” Taehyung remarked as he put an arm to the girl’s waist, strolling side by side by taking the other unoccupied settees.

“So, this is why you haven’t come home…” He squinted to Jinri. “Yet?”

“Don’t tell me you come to pick me up…” The eldest in the room rested his back as peeking to his watch. “Oh, right… It’s quite late.”

“It is late and don’t you feel tired after the flight?” asked the younger.

“Yep, but it’s not like every day I could catch up with her,” motioned to the other girl on his side, Seokjin did. “Hey, but I’m not a kid anymore and not like you, not until December. It’s passing your curfew, Taehyung-ah…”

Taehyung pouted as he started to enfolded his arms to Suzy’s upper torso, resting his chin on her upper edge. Suzy didn’t mind of having this sudden clingy Taehyung for the rest of her time.

“I’m taking her out…” He tightened the wrap onto her belly. “So, it won’t cause me any trouble for going out passing curfew with an official grown-up, huh?”

She could feel his grin although not looking at it directly, as she tapped her finger onto his enclosing hand.

“Do I need to change before we go?”

Suzy asked the guy who buried his face to her shoulder.

“Nope.” Taehyung scanned the jumper and washed jeans she had by the moment. “Just bring additional outer since it’s pretty cold outside…”

“Whoa, where are you stealing her?”

Jinri joined the conversation.

“Stealing?”

Taehyung remarked, then chuckled as Suzy just giggled, while Seokjin and Jinri looked at each other.

“Why would my brother steal his own girlfriend?”

“Well, it wasn’t what I caught for the dialog back on that night…”

And then the two was absorbed in their argument.

“Taeyong was there, too…” Jinri shot a look to her best friend. “And Jinyoung—“

“So, Jinri-yah… How long have you been seeing this Jinyoung guy?”

She flushed for some reason when Seokjin questioned that one. Luckily, Taehyung and Suzy were already on their feet, preparing to go out.

“Hey, you two should leave too, off we go…”

Suzy hauled her best friend arm as she was beholding at Seokjin. “You can come back later when the sun has been present, oppa…”

“Suzy-yah, why?”

“Jinyoung will kill me. Have some understanding please, Choi Jinri…”

The two girls were walking out from the room whereas the two guys trailed.

“Why should I be leaving, too?” Seokjin tilted his head to the younger brother. “Can I just stay in Jinri’s place instead?”

“Probably not with the fact that you used to be dating Jinri noona…” Taehyung muttered and had innocently grinned to his hyung. “And the circumstance where you two broke up ‘cause you left to the States for uni.”

Seokjin hit him directly to the head.

 

Taehyung was glad for finally having lone time with Suzy after the entire dispute happened by the day. Even though the two of them lastly chose to hung out only by the river— which was so quiet at late weekdays’ night, for anyone barely was there— as Suzy kept insisting herself to drive, since the younger dropped by Mr. Oh and it was passing curfew like Seokjin teased from earlier. Not to mention, her preach about how much Taehyung should eat considering his skinny body. No matter how he would explain it for the illness, and she seemed not wanting to discuss about it. Taehyung was grateful on the other hand, for finally getting someone not minding his poor health— or maybe not just yet.

They decided to spend some time at the 24/7 convenience store with open-air tables, having many varieties of food and snacks. Suzy forced Taehyung to eat as many as she was feeding him. The boy whined when she had required him to gobble up a portion of cheese fries after the hotdog afore egg and cheese ramyeon.

“Noona, I could turn into a mouse for eating these many cheese…”

Suzy laughed as Taehyung frowned before continuing.

“I bet you don’t want to date some rodent freak… Like this!”

Then, he appeared to put in two chopsticks in between his front teeth, which later caused Suzy cracked for another laugh as he likewise did.

 

Later, Suzy took a huge blanket she kept in her car’s trunk, since Taehyung wanted to sit on the riverside. She spread it next to a huge tree, and when she sat to rest her back on it, Taehyung then swiftly took a spot to lie his head down on her legs.

“So, about what Jinri noona said before…”

Taehyung asked the girl who listened attentively to him.

“Is it about what you answered me after your graduation?”

“I guess so… I said that time that you’ll be my boyfriend after you go to college next year—“ Suzy stopped and Taehyung more or less knew what was the reason for.

“You know I won’t be going for college…right?”

She exhaled, although steady keeping her fingers brushed Taehyung’s light brown hair on her lap. As she looked down, she found him was looking at her, warmly with his striking chocolate orbs. It shone through albeit suppressed in the deep of the nightfall.

“Why do you have to choose to let yourself…pass away… Taehyung-ah?”

And she had finally spoken the question. With her voice shaken, as she looked to other sight and Taehyung chose to locked his eyes on her.

“Hey…”

He took one of her hands to keep it warm with his. And not so long, he felt a couple of her tears fell on his face.

“Sorry…”

She rushed to rub it off and he held her, chuckling a bit and at last she did too.

“That’s okay…”

Said Taehyung as he had his other hand to wipe her tears away.

“We better not talking this right now, huh?”

He asked and she agreed.

“It’s totally killing the mood.”

Taehyung chuckled again, saying.

“Well, about dating me when in college—“

Suzy stopped Taehyung’s sentence as she bent over to place a soft kiss onto his lips. She pulled away in mere seconds along with Taehyung kept observing her with such questioning look.

“Okay, what was that for?”

“Nothing.”

She shrugged as casually replying to his query.

“I was just about to ask you if you’re getting embarrassed of dating a high-schooler like me?”

She simply raised an eyebrow. “I was saying it to check on your patience… And no, that’s totally not the reason, if there is any reason for it.”

He puckered, still steady looking upward to the girl.

“You know I’ve been waiting for it ever since— ugh, never mind.” He crossed his arms still in the same position. “So, you actually could say yes by that time, but you’re just testing me?”

“Pretty much like that…”

Taehyung rolled his eyes for the girl who was currently smiling full of triumphant at him.

“Kiss me again.”

Then, he demanded. She merely was shaking her head, playing with his tresses.

“Not really feel like doing it…”

Taehyung smirked toward her reluctant— and jokingly— respond, before he was grabbing Suzy's nape with both of his hands, pulling her into such deep and sweet kiss.

 


 

A/N: I hope a bit of these two (and yet more to come) won't hurt you >//<

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I hope you enjoy this chapter and don't forget to comment!!! ^.^v