Final

Kindness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

WARNING: Too much cliché. Hehe. And also, you will know why I named this oneshot 'Kindness'. Obviously..

 

Wendy's P.O.V

 

Struggling. I am struggling. There is no other way to descibe what I am now than struggling. Struggling in the career, as a Red Velvet member, as a part of SM Town. It was pretty hard for me, Son Seung Wan, to cope up with them other artists. I tried to fit in, but the space is just too small for me. So I've got no friends other than Red Velvet. But still, I tried to act as calm and collected as if nothing is wrong.

"Wendy, would you mind buying some food at Nozu for lunch?" Irene asked.

"No, not at all." I tried to smile and reached for my wallet and went out of SM building to the near sushi restaurant called Nozu. 

Nozu has been SM Town's favorite restaurant. And because sometimes the owner gives us discounts when buying food for takeout or even dine in.

"Oh, Wendy! You're here!" As I walked in the restaurant, I was greeted by the owner.

"Ahjumma! Good to see you again," I replied.

"Would you like to order something?" 

"Yes, I would like three packs of your delicious sushi and add some three packs of bimbap for take out."

She put on her apron and smiled at me. "Arraso, wait for a while." Then she dashed off to her kitchen.

I was waiting for ahjumma and my order when Yeri texted me.

Unnie! Irene and Joy wants some tempura, ASAP!- Kim Yeri.

I kept my phone and ran going inside to add tempura in my order. When suddenly, I got bumped into someone.

"Ouch!"

"Ahh!"

Great, I fell down. My somehow hurts and I felt dizzy.

"Oh My God! I'm sorry!" A voice that clearly belongs to a man exclaimed in English. 

"A-a-aniya. It's okay, it's my--"

I blinked my eyes open and my voice trailed off when I saw someone very unexpected. It was..

It was Mark of GOT7. 

I was still on the floor when he kneeled down and held my back. He was also surprised that he saw me. Basically we were surprised that we saw each other.

But, we got stuck in each other's orbs. There was a tingling sensation inside me. I was going crazy inside. How gorgeous he is up close. Then he gave a smile. Not an ordinary smile. A smile that is soft but it was filled with kindness, like I would just not look at anywhere else than him. 

Wait, what am I saying?

"Wendy! Here's your or-- Wendy! Mark! What are you two doing?" It was the ahjumma. We both snapped back into reality and he helped me stand up.

"Anyways..Wendy, here's your order. What were you two doing on my floor?" She smirked. My face turned red. "N-nothing wrong, ahjumma."

"And Wendy, you don't have to pay. It's alright." She smiled.

"What? No, I should pay!"

"No, no Wendy darling. It's alright. Kindness pays everything." I was left dumbfounded. Then she handed me my order.

"But ahjumma--"

"Wendy, listen. It's alright. Kindness pays everything."

I smiled back. "Okay, thank you ahjumma!"

Then she looked at Mark. "You're here! What can I do for you, Mark?"

"I would like five. packs of sushi for take out please."

"Arraso, arraso. Wait for my order." Then she dashed to the kitchen again.

I stole glances at Mark. What are you doing Wendy? Say something!

"Umm..Mark-sunbaenim." 

He looked at me. "Yes?"

"I'm sorry for bumping into you earlier. It was my fault," I said shyly.

"It's alright, Wendy. Are you okay? Because you fell down." I can hear that he's concerned at the tone of his voice.

"Yes, I'm alright. Don't worry."

He smiled that "smile" again. "That's a relief."

"Uhh..I think I should go."

"Okay, see you later?"

"Yes. See you later, Bye."

Then I ran like a little kid to SME, smiling like an idiot. His face and smile flooded my mind. I want to slap myself.

I entered SME like there's a ghost behind me and dashed to the dance room where everyone is waiting.

"Thank goodness! The food is here!" Yeri exclaimed.

"What took you so long, unnie?" Seulgi asked.

I gulped. "Uhh..umm..traffic?"

"Hey." Irene and Joy glared at me. "Where's our tempura?"

I facepalmed. Right, the tempura. I forgot that ever since I saw Mark's gorgeous face and smile. Facepalm again.

* * *

"You did what?!" Irene exclaimed as the other girls were squealing and running around our dorm. "You saw Mark of GOT7 that's why you forgot the tempura?"

I nodded poorly. "Yes. We bumped into each other."

Joy walked closer. "You know, when you like someone, you tend to forget things around you and just focuses on the person you like."

I was flustered. "What? I don't like him!"

"Did I said anything that you like him?" she asked. "OMG, I think you do like him."

"What? No, I don't! We just met earlier, how could I possibly like him that fast." I let out a fake laugh. At the same time, I saw Seulgi curled up in a ball at the corner, sad.

I walked closer to her. "Hey, what's wrong?"

"You met Mark of GOT7, right?" she asked.

"Well, yes. Is there something wrong with that?"

"I actually have a big crush on one of their members. Whenever he pops on television, I can't help but squeal or smile." She gave me a poor smile.

"Who is it?"

"Umm.. I've met him before, but we really didn't talk. It's..." She paused. "JB."

"JB?!" I yelled enough for the girls to hear.

"Shhh! Wendy! Keep quiet!" 

"Oh..sorry. So you like, JB of GOT7?" I whispered.

"Yes. But.."

"But what?"

"He doesn't know me, Wendy."

"Oh c'mon! You two will meet someday. Like the way I met Mark."

She smiled. "Okay. If you say so."

Third person's P.O.V

 

At the GOT7 dorm..

Everybody is doing their own things. Jackson is trying to cook something in the kitchen to impress the other members that he has skills in cooking, BamBam is checking his SNS and taking selfies, Yugyeom is dancing to his favorite Chris Brown songs in his room, Youngjae and Junior are trying to fix the bathroom's sink. Then Jaebum is trying to evaluate life alone in his room. 

And Mark, is trying to talk to Coco about what happened earlier.

"Coco, I cannot believe I saw Wendy of Red Velvet. I was the stupidest human being to bump into her earlier!" He facepalmed himself as Coco's reaction remained clueless.

"And I also felt stupid to let her crash on the floor! I am the stupidest, right Coco?" Coco just stuck her tongue out.

"You know it's stupid talking some lovesick to a dog." A voice coming from outside his room said. Mark stood up and opened and saw Bambam smirking at him.

"You were eavesdropping?" Mark asked.

"Well.." Bam stared dramatically at him. "There's no other word to describe what was I doing so, yeah."

"BamBam, don't tell this to anyone. I swear, I will end you."

"Too late." Yugyeom appeared, smirking. "Don't worry Mark-hyung, It's normal to act koo-koo in front of the girl of your dreams. But we will not promise you to keep that a secret."

"But.." Mark muttered.

Then they heard some clanging and a loud thud from the kitchen.

"Jackson just got hit by a canister!" Youngjae yelled half-heartedly. "Somebody help him up."

The three boys rushed to the kitchen to help Jackson with his situation. At the end Jackson had a bruise marked on his forehead, and now he's putting ice on it.

"I told you you are not good at cooking Jackson," Junior said.

"You're right, I should stop cooking."

"Where Jaebum-hyung?" Yugyeom asked.

"He's in his room, alone." Youngjae answered.

"Tell him to come here. We'll have pizza for dinner," Junior said.

Mark stood up. "I'll do it." And he went to Jaebum's room.

He knocked the door and no one answered. He then tried to open the door, and there he saw Jaebum curled up in a ball at the corner and looked gloomy.

"Jaebum, are you okay?" he asked.

"Isn't it obvious?" Jaebum replied.

"Just answer my question."

"Of course I'm not okay! Can't you see?"

"And why are you not okay?" Mark kept asking him.

"Because.." Jaebum's voice trailed off. "Because I'm trying to evaluate life and I see that it's meaningless."

Mark answered immediately. "Why are you suddenly thinking about life? Aren't you the leader who doesn't care about life and just eats churros and pizza all day?"

"I know!" He sighed. "I snapped back into reality when I watched the movie you guys were about to watch but cancelled because you all were lazy."

"22 Jump Street?"

"No! The other one."

"50 Shades of Grey?"

"What? No! The Pursuit of Happyness."

"Ahh...that one. Why? What about it?" Mark asked.

"Because..I felt bad for Chris Gardner and his child. I ended up crying non-stop. So I tried to evaluate my life and as of now, it turned somehow meaningless," he explained.

Mark walked closer and placed a reassuring hand on Jaebum's shoulder. "Yah, don't be such a pooper. You still have plenty of time to make your life good. And stop being a cry baby, you're our leader for heaven's sake."

"Yeah, right. Thanks Mark. You are really a big help. And if you'll excuse me, I'll go out of this room now."

"Go ahead, Jaebum."

The Next Day..

Red Velvet has no schedule for today, and so as GOT7.

"Wendy! Order some sushi at Nozu again. I'm hungry," Irene said.

"Okay, fine!" Just when Wendy was about to get her wallet and go out of the door, Seulgi stood up. "I'll go with you."

"Don't forget the tempura, again!" Joy yelled from the living room. They both chuckled and went outside the door and walked to Nozu.

"Why do you want to come with me, Seulgi? You usually don't like coming along," Wendy asked.

"Yeah, I know. But I just want to go out for awhile. And I don't want you to forget about the tempura again." She smirked.

"Oh shut up, Kang Seulgi!"

Meanwhile, at the GOT7 dorm..

"Yah Wang Ka Yee! Buy some sushi at Nozu! We're all hungry!" Junior yelled while playing video games with Yugyeom.

"No! I'm too lazy! Make Youngjae buy!" Jackson said while dealing his bruise from yesterday's accident.

"What? Me? I already fixed the bathroom sink yesterday!" Youngjae said with his eyes fixed on his phone screen.

Mark was annoyed by the blabbering of the guys and stood up. "Alright, I'll buy it."

Just then, Jaebum went out of his room. "I'll come with you." 

Mark waved his hands coolly. "Yeah, whatever you say."

And they went out of the dorm and walked to Nozu.

"Jaebum-hyung! Are you okay now?" Mark asked.

"Yeah, why would I not be okay?"

"Because of what happened to you yesterday, I think."

"Nah, I'm alright now." Jaebum glanced at him playfully. "What about you? Are you alright now?"

"Huh? Of course I'm alright. Why?"

"Because you were talking about lovesick to Coco yesterday. And you saw Wendy of Red Velvet."

"Yeah, what's the matter with that?"

"Yugyeom and Bambam told me. Love at first sight, eh?" Jaebum smirked.

"Those two little bastards." Mark clenched his fist. "I don't know, Jaebum. I met her yesterday and I felt weird and crazy."

Jaebum glanced infront and smirked. "Speaking of."

Mark furrowed his eyebrows and faced infront. "Holy sh--" His eyes literally widened. It was Wendy and Seulgi of Red Velvet at Nozu.

The ahjumma owner saw the both of them from outside and waved at them to come inside. Wendy and Seulgi looked outside and saw the two boys. Seulgi immediately blushed and hid herself. Wendy was obviously surprised.

The two boys went inside and was greeted by the ahjumma. "Mark! JB! You are both here! Would you like to order something?"

Mark snapped back to his senses and remained calm and collected as possible. "Yes, we would like five packs of sushi please."

Ahjumma smirked and put back her apron. "Coming right up." Then she dashed to the kitchen. 

The room fell silent. The four people were infront of each other, as if waiting for one to utter a word.

"Ummm.. Annyeonghaseyo again, Wendy," Mark said, smiling awkwardly.

Wendy smiled back. "Annyeonghaseyo, Mark."

Jaebum then spoke. "Annyeonghaseyo, I'm GOT7's JB."

Wendy slightly hit Seulgi's arm to uncover her face and stop acting stupid. Seulgi opened her eyes to see the gorgeous human being right infront of him. "U-u-hh.."

"Seulgi, say something," Wendy whispered.

"U-uhh.. Annyeonghaseyo. I'm S-seulgi." She stuttered. Of course, who wouldn't stutter at a gorgeous human. She mentally scolded herself for being so stupid and graceless infront of him.

Then there was an awkward silence again.

"Umm..Wendy, did you sleep well last night?" Mark asked her. Wendy gave the 'surprised' look and Seulgi gave the 'what-the-hell' look while Jaebum gave the 'what-the--did-he-say' look.

"Honestly, no. Why d-did you a-ask?"

"Because I also didn't sleep well too."

"Seriously? And the dog barks and barks all night."

"I know right!"

Mark and Wendy's conversation continued while Seulgi and Jaebum stood there like a bunch of kids waiting for their mom to stop talking to their friends.

Seulgi wanted to start a conversation with him but, she's too goddamn shy. Until she saw a baller wrapped around his wrist.

"Where did you get that baller?" she asked hesitantly.

He looked at it and glanced at her. "Oh, someone gave it to me." And he smiled.

That smile obviously melted Seulgi. "W-who?"

"Onew of SHINee."

"Oh! That's why you have one," she said.

"Why?"

"A few months ago I had five ballers like that. And all of them cannot fit in the wrist so I decided to give one of them. And I gave it to Onew. Maybe he gave it to you."

"Really? Oh! Thank you for the baller anyway." His eyes formed like cresent moons.

"You're welcome. In fact, I'm wearing one of them right now." She showed him her right hand where her baller was at. 

"Don't you ever remove that from your wrist," he said.

"Why?"

"So we can be match. You have one on while I have the same one on."

"O-oh o-okay." She shuttered. "JB-sshi."

"No, call me oppa from now on."

Her heart started beating fast. "Oppa?"

"Yes, call me oppa. If you like to, but if not it's okay."

"Aniya. I'll call you oppa! Jaebum-oppa!" She exclaimed like a child. He laughed at her cuteness. They both smiled at each other non-stop.

Mark and Wendy was actually looking at the both of them playfully.

* * *

The four of them started hanging out for the past few weeks. And little by little, feelings grow. Mark and Jaebum was at the dorm while Wendy and Seulgi had a schedule. They were supposed to hang out again today.

"Jaebum. Why don't you take that baller off your wrist," Mark said while trying to get it off him.

"Don't touch it. And I'm never going to remove it."

"Why? Is it important to you?"

Jaebum fell silent, he stopped whatever what he was doing and looked at him seriously. "Yeah. It reminds me of..Seulgi."

Mark smiled softly. "You like her, don't you?"

Jaebum stared at the blank wall infront of him, trying to evaluate life again. He looked down and smiled. "Was it obvious?"

"No. But you said the baller reminds you of Seulgi so I thought that maybe you liked her or something."

"I wasn't really that crazy romantic cheeseball before. But there is something in her that makes me love her."

Mark's eyes widened. "So you love her?"

"Pretty much like that. But I'm falling."

"So you are in-love. Why don't you confess?"

"It's kinda cliché but maybe she doesn't feel the same way. The four of us have been hanging out for weeks and I feel like she's the reason why I wanna wake up every single day. I don't know why but..but.."

"I know what you feel, J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter