Ch. 1

Kingdom of Colours

 

Maybe one day we will find a place where reality and dreams collide

 

“isn’t it too sunny to actually do sports outside?”

Yi fan just sit down in the edge of the court looking at others, who are playing basketball, the sun is too hot for actual human to function.  Jong In just laugh at the statement, he was sweating and gulping a whole bottle of water after joining the rest of the boys for a match. “ you’re just too lazy when it comes to physical things, too bad though when you can be really good at sports when you put your mind to it.”

“ being good doesn’t mean I have to be super excited to play and the mind won’t work in heat.” Yi Fan just look up at the sky, covering his eyes a bit with his hand, not that he hates the sun but being sweaty is not his style at all. He then stand up and walk to the school building while waving his hand to Jong In “ tell the teacher that I will be in the infirmary room”

 

Kyung Soo looks outside the window, it is funny how humans goes on with their daily lives not knowing all the truth,or maybe not knowing the truth sometimes means happiness. Kyung Soo hates  waiting especially when the person he supposed to wait is not someone he is pleased with, but he needs to get this done, he won’t let ‘her’ down.

“ please come in Mr. Do, Mr. Jang is waiting for you”

Kyung Soo takes a glance once more to the world outside the window, too normal he thinks before making his way to the room where he has to put his mask. You can do this Kyung Soo, you’ve done it so many times.

 

“ Centuries ago, the founder of this land found the rainbow stone, a rare discovery that it was kept secret to the outer world. They believe the stone is capable of giving people extraordinary powers that humankind can never think about before, which can be dangerous so nine man and woman gather around and make a decision to hide the stone. Until now, no one knows where the stone exactly is, but they say only the blessed and gifted ones that can see the stone and if you’re lucky the stone will blessed you. “ The man in front of the class stop walking around and stood behind his desk “ of course that what the elder told us from one generation to another generation, it is said that there is a dark truth behind it all, in the past people with coloured eyes are seen as the descendants of the devil itself, that is why now only black or brown coloured eyes people exist.”

 “Sir? Isn’t that just a kid fairytale, we’ve heard it since we were a child” a girl interrupt the lecture

“ and seriously aren’t there is only black or brown eyes because of genetics, not because of the genoside you seem to be implying ?” another student shout it out, looking disinterest about the whole topics.

Mr Wu just look at the child and smile, “ yes but it’s in the history book so don’t you think it means that it really exist or believed to exist, well isn’t that why this country are called Arcobaleno because of the legend of the rainbow stone.”

 

Yi fan was laying down on the bed, closing his eyes slightly before a weight was put on his stomach. “ Hunnieeeee…. Would you mind? Even though you look like a walking skeleton don’t you know you weigh more than the average person?” Yi Fan said trying to push the boy who was sitting so casually on him.

“ Did you skip PE again, Fannie?” Shi Xun just look down on his brother and put on a frown,” you can get into trouble for skipping PE class all the time.” He stand up and grab a chair to sit on.

“ aren’t you the same, skipping class you dislike? Father will really scold you if you always absent history class.” Yi Fan looks at him with a judging look, before closing his eyes.  “ anyway the teacher won’t do anything to me as long as I will help him in the basketball match as his ace card.”

“ the same. Don’t you think it is weird just because our father is the history lecturer that we can skip history class? I am guessing that the lady actually take a liking to our father.” Both of the boys shudders at the thought after a moment of silence, “ seriously hunnie, I don’t think I am ready to have a step mother.”

“ me neither.”

 

Being a ‘niji’ means a lot, but to Kyung Soo being one means you have to throw away all of the thoughts of being normal. There is absolutely nothing normal in being a niji, it means you have different eye colour to normal human, it means you were born and grow up in a house that might not be your parent’s, it means you are a weapon. Kyung Soo get rid of the thoughts, walking through a long hallway.

“I’m sorry I’m late.” Said Kyung Soo upon entering the door, the council looks up at him with scolding looks. A woman in his late fifties smile and calm the rest of the council, “ it’s okay after all the meeting with Mr. Jang probably takes too much times, that man always like talking after all. I feel sorry for him.”

Though she said it nicely, Kyung Soo can sense the dislike in the woman’s tone. Jung Hwi Soon, the current head of the Magenta House is not as kind as she appeared to be, of course what can you expect from the head of the house. Kyung Soo takes a sit next to Mrs. Jung and start taking a look around, as usual they will always look down on me, the perks of being the youngest council.

 


Author Notes :

This is a rough chapter that I am hesitating to post yet I did cause why not.

there will be many confusion after reading the chapter and that's normal cause it is, I wanted to post Ch. 0 which contains all the information about the main ideas of the story. Then I change my mind and will just add facts one by one.

- The legend is actually true, but the version is different between the human and niji.

- niji are people that have coloured eyes beside brown and black.

- niji actually divided to certain houses.

and all the word beside english means rainbow, not important but just for the sake of little facts.

 

 

XOXO

Rene