1/2

69 and Dine

Working in the library is one of the best things that happened in Choi Youngjae’s life. As a self-proclaimed introvert, the library is an environment that he thrives in. Aside from the occasional days when the school aged children get too rowdy playing minecraft with all their pals, the library is relatively quiet which Youngjae truly appreciates. Sure he has to deal with the odd case of telling someone to take their imaginary phone conversation outside of the library or borderline stalkers that follow him around only to muster enough the courage to say hi to him, blush, and then flee but something about shelving books and having minimal contact with people pleases him greatly.

Speaking of shelving, Youngjae also enjoys shelving mainly because he gets tot see what kind of books people actually borrow. Of course there are the normal people that borrow things pertaining to their interest, for example, an engineering major borrowing a book about physics or a desperate college kid borrowing a cooking book in hopes that they won’t have to eat ramen for the fifth time that week. However, there are also the people that borrow books from the sections in the library that he personally thinks shouldn’t exist.

It all starts on Wednesday afternoon when he finds a load of books on his cart pertaining to the topic of . Blushing heavily, Youngjae quickly makes his way to the section of shame and shoves the books onto the shelf before dashing away, flustered. He thinks he’s safe the next time he waltzes into the library to start his shift. He realizes that he’s horribly mistaken when he finds more books on his cart, this time, all the titles relating to positions. “Yeehaw: All About the Cowboy!” and “69 and Dine!” are just a few of the many scandalous titles.

Fuming while simultaneously flushing from over-the-top embarrassment, Youngjae stalks over to his co-worker, Jinyoung, who is also in the midst of shelving books.

“It’s not funny Jinyoung,” he hisses, stomping his foot like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

Jinyoung blinks at him, right arm raised halfway in a paused shelving motion.

“Okay I admit that I ate your salad from the fridge but in my defense I was super hungry and you didn’t have break until a full two hours later. I was going to replace it today but I was running late this morning,” Jinyoung says without a sense of remorse. 

“Wait what, that was you?” Youngjae accuses, glowering at the latter. “NO, stop changing the subject. I mean it when I’m asking you to stop putting all the goddamn books on my cart. I know you did it the last shift and I’m asking you, while I’m still being nice, to cut it out,” Youngjae threatens, loosely waving his fist in the air to seem more intimidating.

Jinyoung chortles, ruffling Youngjae’s hair with his free hand.

“I admit to the salad, but unfortunately the books are not me. Either someone’s been borrowing a lot of books and it always ends up on your cart, or someone else is pulling your leg. I highly doubt the second option because I, Park Jinyoung, am the one and only great prankster. No one can beat me,” he says, a dreamy expression passing over his face. Youngjae side eyes him and bemoans, “Why are none of my co-workers normal?” He then glares at Jinyoung, makes the “I’m watching you,” gesture a few times before slinking off to the section of shame once more. 

 

a/n I know this isn't EXO but I wanted to try something new...I'm also in love with Choi Youngjae so yeah. That happened. If you've been on my...profile? idk what that's called? recently you'll see that I'm actually Youngjae trash. actually. trash. aight, see you tomorrow in the hopefully final part to this drabble!