001 | The First Chapter

Love Wash
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Is he stupid or is he stupid? There he is, back again feeling more and more embarrassed each time he shows up. His forehead attaches to the top of the steering wheel as he becomes more ashamed of himself for being back at this damn car wash.

The thing is, his car isn’t even that dirty. There’s no bird poop on his windows and there’s no mud splattered on the doors. So why, exactly, does Lee Taeyong show up at this car wash even if his car isn’t dirty?

Taeyong’s heartbeat accelerates as he nears the end of the car wash: his favorite part. He lifts his forehead off of the steering wheel and his eyes squint from the sunlight invading his vision as the car nears the exit. He drives forward a bit and then stops as he knows what’s to come next. The car wash employees run to the car to add the finishing touches. Three employees with royal blue jumpsuits rush out to the car with towels in their hands in order to polish Taeyong's black car. Taeyong’s heart can’t handle itself anymore, and his face becomes a red tomato as his eyes lock onto one of the employees.

It’s him! It’s him! It’s him!

There stands the exact reason to why Taeyong keeps coming back to this car wash. He has a crush on one of the employees. It may be a bit weird to just keep arriving at this car wash continuously just to see this one person; even Taeyong finds it extremely creepy, but he just keeps showing up. The sad thing is that all he knows is the person’s basic facts: he’s male, his name is Chittaphon but the workers call him Ten, he has jet-black hair, he has a stud in his right ear, and he smiles a lot—a lot.

The first time Taeyong came to this car wash, it was because there was so much mud on the car that it looked like someone filled buckets of slushy dirt and had a competition to see if he or she could make the car as filthy as possible. Even the employees seemed quite shocked when they saw the messy chaos on his raven-black car. As he exited the mechanical version of the car wash, he saw the employees run out just to add the finishing touches. He was playing one of his favorite songs, blasting it throughout the car while he played on his phone. It was a pretty unknown song, knowing that Taeyong liked to search up super underrated music on his laptop. But the next thing he knew was that a friendly, smiling guy was knocking on his window, telling him to roll it down.

“I love this song! It’s one of my favorites. You like Trap music?” This guy was probably the biggest smiler Taeyong had ever seen in his life! And the fact that this guy knew one of his favorite songs that no one really knew was a miracle.

Taeyong, being the awkward he has always been, just had to reply with a short, “Yeah, I do!” But the guy definitely saw Taeyong’s face glow with a smile.

“That’s awesome! I didn’t really think anyone would know that song,” the guy responded happily which subconsciously made Taeyong’s heart skip a beat. “Ah! Crap! Sorry, I got carried away. I should be cleaning your car.”

“N-No! It’s fine. I-I didn’t think anyone else would know this song either, haha.” Taeyong managed to talk without making himself look horrible. It was pretty normal for Taeyong to be awkward, it's just some people needed to get used to that. Taeyong knew how to talk, but it was hard to find the right words. But this guy is just pulling words right out of mouth! It gave him the creeps from how he felt the desire to talk to the guy more. Naturally, he looked down at the guy’s chest to find his name tag, and he literally felt the need to squint just from the unique name.

Chittaphon?

“Ten! Hurry and clean the back of the car!” One of the other workers yelled which earned the attention of this "Chittaphon." Taeyong then figured that Ten was the nickname of the smiler which gave him relief because he had no idea how to pronounce Chittaphon.

“Yes, sir!” Ten looked shocked from the yelling, and Taeyong could tell by the way he jum

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter