Final

Little Do You Know

He laid in his dark room, back flat on his bed, eyes staring up at what he knows is his ceiling, though he can't see it through the pitch darkness. 

 
Tears stream down the sides of his face, going into his ears and onto his pillow. 
 
"Little do you know how I'm breaking while you fall asleep." He whispers into the darkness. Eyes squeezing closed. 
 
He can't get the images out of his head. His best friend. The love of his life. His safe place. His lover. In bed with another person. Someone who isn't him. 
 
This is the only time he allows himself to break. This is the only time he allows his tears to flow. His real emotions and feelings to come out. It's half past 2 am. The dorm is quiet. No one is awake but him, and he knows this. 
 

He takes in a deep breath, exhaling slowly and rolls onto his stomach, face buried in his pillow as he weeps. The pillow catching his screams of pain. He can feel his heart breaking little by little. Piece by piece. 

 
He's trying to pick himself up piece by piece, but the memories haunt him. 
 
 
"You've been crying again, huh?" He hates how well Kibum knows him. 
 
He offers a smile to the mother like man standing in front of him. 
 
"I'm fine, Bum." 
 
He knows the blonde isn't convinced. He can tell by the way the shorter one places his hands on is hips. 
 
"Min." 
 
Smile still on his lips, Minho gives the other a hug. It's not the time to let his true emotions out. He has all night for that. Right now he needs to be strong. 
 
It's hard for Minho to just sit there. Watching his now ex-lover and the man he had his affairs with chat it up. It's hard for him, because little does Taemin know, he needs more time. 
 
Minho's love for Taemin is so much stronger that how the younger feels for him. It's hard for Minho to know Taemin could move on so fast. How Taemin could not even spare him a glance or smile. 
 
Underneath it all Minho was held captive by the hole inside his heart. 
He's been holding back for the fear that maybe, just maybe, Taemin  might change his mind. 
 
Minho is ready to forgive Taemin, but forgetting is a harder fight. 
 
He's struggling to just be happy for the younger, but he's trying to pick himself up piece by piece. He feels he hasn't had the chance to catch his breath. To piece this all together. To actually realize Taemin isn't his any longer. 
 
"Show time." Onew says, hand squeezing Minho's shoulder. 
 
Minho glances back at him, offering a small smile as he lightly pats his hand before breaking free from the leader. 
 
He hates the feeling of the others pitying him. He doesn't want their pity, but just a certain someone's. 
 
 
 
It's finally night time. He's decided to change things up a little bit tonight. Instead of going straight into his bedroom to break down, he's decided to go out for a little walk. The streets of Seoul never really sleep. There's always something opened. Someone waking the streets. 
 
He just needed fresh air. 
 
 
 
 
Taemin knows. He's not stupid. 
 
He knows Minho is hurting while he's sound asleep. Body pressed into Jonghyun's. 
 
He sees Minho's blood shot and puffy eyes. He can sometimes hear him at night. He can see the dark circles under his eyes. 
 
He can't look at Minho. 
 
Everything he's done to Minho is slowly drowning him. He can't stop the pain in his chest. He's trying to make it better piece by piece. 
 
Slowly, but he really is. 
 
Jonghyun knows this. They've talked about how guilty they both feel. Taemin more so. 
 
"I love him... I'll love him until the sun dies, Jong..." 
 
"I know." 
 
"But I also love you..." 
 
"I know." 
 
Taemin's eyes stung so much. He felt sick with all of this. 
 
"Lay your head on me." Minho would whisper to him. "Our love is here and here to stay. Just lay your head on me, Taemin." 
 
He felt a hand rest gently on his knee, looking up to see Jonghyun looking at him with a soft smile. "Go talk to him, Tae. Fix things with him." 
 
"What about you?"  
 
"I'm good with just your friendship. This isn't worth losing Minho's friendship. I know you love me, but you love him more. Go talk to him. Don't worry about me." 
 
After a tight hug, Taemin was standing before Minho's bedroom door. A cold sweat was on the back of his neck. Palms becoming sticky and hands shaky as he lifted his fist and went to knock before a voice interrupted him. 
 
"He's not in there. He's not here." 
 
Taemin turned to look at Kibum confused. 
 
"He went out for a walk. I know. I'm just as surprised as you are." Kibum took three steps to be face to face to Taemin. The elders eyes dangerously narrowed. 
 
"Do not, with him." Was all he said before pushing past Taemin, entering in his room. 
 
Taemin inhaled, closing his eyes to collect himself before making his way to the living room, getting cozy on the couch the best he could as he waited for Minho's return. 
 
 
 
He opened the door quietly, removing his shoes at the front door before closing it just as quietly, making sure to lock it, before he removed his jacket, setting it on his hook and making his way down the hall, passing the living room and kitchen to get to his room. 
 
"I love you like you've never felt the pain." 
 
Minho stopped in his tracks. Body frozen at the voice. 
 
He slowly turned, eye brows pulling together at Taemin standing before him. He leaned against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. Eyes red. 
 
"I know you're hurting, Minho. And little do you know, I... I love you until the sun dies..." 
 
Minho was confused. Confused as to why his bottom lip began to tremble. Why Taemin suddenly became blurry and hard to make out. He was confused as to why he dropped to his knees. 
 
But what got him... What made him so much more confused, is why Taemin was also on his knees in seconds. Fingers in Minho's hair as he "shhed" him. Minho grabbing onto him so tightly as he sobbed. 
 
"I promise you don't have to be afraid." Taemin whispered into Minho's ear. "I'll wait. I'll wait for you..." He couldn't help but cry as well. 
 
Taemin cupped Minho's cheeks, pulling his face up so he could lock eyes with Minho's broken ones. 
 
"The love is here and here to stay.
So lay your head on me." He repeated Minho's words to him, feeling Minho's head drop to his shoulder as the elder sobbed into his neck. 
 
Taemin held Minho so tight. He held him until Minho's cries died down. 
 
He helped the elder up. Helped Minho to his bedroom. Help him into his bed and clung to him so tightly, Minho doing the same. Almost like if he would let go of Taemin, he would float away and never come back. 
 
Taemin knew he damaged this poor man. He knew the road ahead would be rough and rocky, but one thing he knew defiantly was... 
 
 
Little did Minho know, he would love him until the sun dies. 
 
 
 
 
This story was inspired completely by the song, "Little Did You Know." 
 
This story was to help me get back into writing, so hopefully it came out good. Lemme know. ;D 
 
-HK