Chapter 01

Let's Not Fall in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole crowd was cheering and dancing with a glass of alcohol in their hands. Everyone's busy with their partners. Some are even making out.

But this didn't bother the man who's in his late twenties.

Same old .

He was alone inside this big club. Lots of y girls approached him. While he did dance with them, after a minute he'd always go back to the table counter and drink his glass.

"Another one, please." He gave his glass a little push towards the server. This was probably the 18th time.

His phone was ringing but he wasn't able to answer it. All because of the noise inside the club.

Again and again, his phone rang.

This time he heard it.

Is it her?

He checked his phone and sighed as he saw who was calling.

Incoming call: Dong Youngbae

He answered on the fifth ring, "Ne, Youngbae?"

"Ne, Youngbae? You're nuts, Kwon Jiyong. Everyday you've been partying. We're worried, you know."

"Hey, quit joking. It's not like this is something new."

"You should be preparing for your Concert Tour instead of drinking. YG will be mad at you."

"Oh, when was he ever mad at me?" He chuckled.

But he was right. YG has never been mad at Jiyong. Not even once. Starting from when he was a kid up to now? Nope. Never.

"I'll go home soon, so don't worry. Plus, I'm in a club. No one should be on their phones when they're inside a club. Right?"

"Right. Okay, then. Be sober enough so you could drive home. I'm hanging up."

And so Youngbae did. He was like a father figure right there. He always was with BIGBANG. Youngbae, the father. Youngbae, who's got the highest chance of having a family.

Bored, the 28-year-old man looked around his surroundings while waiting for his drink. And one petite girl caught his attention. What a miserable look that girl's wearing. He then decided to walk towards her after receiving his drink.

"Am I seeing this right?" He smiled at the girl seated alone in one table.

She was startled when she saw the man standing in front of her, "G-Dragon ssi. What are you doing here?"

"Drinking, isn't it obvious?"

She rolled her eyes, "Don't you think I already know that? Of course this is a club. Who would not drink in this place?" Looking away, she drank her glass in one straight gulp.

"I didn't know you were a drinker, Taeyeon ssi." Jiyong sat on the empty seat facing Taeyeon.

She raised him an eyebrow, "What do you think you're doing?"

"Accompanying you," he winked at her.

"Disgusting, Mr. Kwon Jiyong." He chuckled. Jiyong didn't find that insulting but rather amusing that she was unconsciously being honest with him.

But Taeyeon's only like that because she's got something going on in her mind lately. And she's had one whole bottle all for herself the past hour.

A minute of silence passed by until Jiyong broke it, "So you're letting me sit with you?"

Taeyeon just looked him in the eyes then looked away a second after. She was busy with her own thoughts to even care about G-Dragon being with her in the club. Taeyeon signaled the bartender to get her another bottle. This made Jiyong laugh, "Hey, you're supposed to get your own bottle yourself. This is not a ing restaurant."

"Ah, right." She only realized that now. She stood up to the counter and got herself two bottles.

Jiyong knew that the woman she's with is already drunk as she almost stumbled. Upon Taeyeon's arrival back to their table, he took both the bottles from her.

"Ya, give me the other bottle,"

"No. You're already drunk, Kim Taeyeon."

"Why do you care?" She then stole the two bottles out of Jiyong's hands.

She chuckled and said, "Did you actually think I got two bottles so that the other one would be yours?"

Jiyong raised his eyebrows, "Did you actually think I would think that?"

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and purposely let the man in front of her see it.

"Even so, give me the other bottle. It would be dangerous for a Kim Taeyeon to be seen going home drunk, and alone."

"I'm not lonely!" She raised her voice. Jiyong almost spit the alcohol in his mouth. Once he had swallowed the drink, he giggled.

Taeyeon glared at him, "What was that about?"

"I never said you're lonely."

"Oh? I thought I heard you right," She took another gulp from her bottle.

"Alone. That's what I said you were."

Taeyeon knew she's getting drunk but it didn't stop her from drinking the half-emptied bottle in her hand. She took her phone and scrolled through her Instagram feed.

Jiyong stared at her for a while, "But you do look lonely. There's no mistake."

Taeyeon turned her eyes on him.

"But I'm not."

"You can't deny the look you're wearing, Kim Taeyeon."

He was right. She was. But she only ignored Jiyong and went back to being busy with her phone but drinking from her bottle in between.

"Is it about that Baekhyun kid?"

On point. Taeyeon was annoyed by how he's always right. Trying to suppress the annoyance she's feeling, she calmly said, "Shut up."

"Did he leave you?"

"I said shut up!" This startled Jiyong.

But Taeyeon was annoyed that she had to raise her voice again. "I already know, okay? I know he's gone. I know he has left me. Please don't repeat the same thing over and over again."

Jiyong's eyes widened. He didn't actually think that Taeyeon would be confirming that she's lonely because of that Baekhyun kid. What more she said he's gone and has left her.

He thought of the right things to say to comfort her and came up with one, "I'm here. I'll listen."

"Why should I tell my story, to a stranger like you?"

Aw. That hurt.

Both of them drank from their bottles at the same time.

"You know I was trying to make you feel better but I guess I wouldn't be much of a help."

"Right."

Nothing could make her feel better. Nothing. She was too hurt. She's not eating, explaining the thin body she has. Everyday she's been drinking. If not in the clubs, in her own apartment. Of course her girls have noticed what she's been doing with herself. But she didn't mind them. The pain in her heart was too strong, not even Soshi members could heal it. One thing's for certain though. She hasn't told her family yet. They can't know I'm like this.

Unbeknownst to her, a tear fell out of her eye. Jiyong witnessed it as the fear fell on her cheek.

Once again, silence fell between them. Jiyong was uncomfortable but decided not to say anything after his offer to help was rejected.

At the same time Taeyeon was thinking how unfair it was that she had told a stranger about Baekhyun leaving her.

Still uncomfortable of the silence, Jiyong thought of something to say. "Our bottles empty. Want another round?" To which

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter