Exams

Youth's Passion

It’s the exam week, students were busy practicing, the basic lesson such as Math, Science, Language, etc was done few days earlier, what’s left is the cooking exam, they had to create a full menu from Appetizer to Dessert, that’s the hardest part for Sera and her classmates, they’ve consult with the teacher every chance they can, they change it many times until the teacher agreed, then they’ll start practice for the exam, and it still can be changed. Tomorrow they need to check on their tools again, for the exam he next day.

“Sera when will you shop for the ingredients?” Myungsoo grab a chair and sit next to Sera, who’s focused on her list.

“today, both of us” Eunji answered

“can I join? Pleaseee… I need help on choosing the ingredients, last practice, did you saw? I forgot some ingredients ugh… Mrs. Gabie really going to kill me that time.” He sigh and lay his head on the desk “hey…did you hear me?” he poked on Sera’s waist, she jump a bit but continue on her list

“heyyyyy” he poked again, “heeeey”

“Stop.” She replied with her eyes still glued on the paper. Myungsoo keep on poking her waist. Sera just sigh and turn to him. “can’t you see I’m checking my shopping list here?”

“then answer a leaaaaaast, I need your help”

“I answer you, inside my mind” she smirk. “okay,okay..you can join us”

“what? Then I would be left behind, you two probably will take Myungsoo’s bike right?” Eunji whine

“no, not today, I left it my mom’s store, there’s too many things to carry”

“do you have your shopping list?” Sera asked

“nope, isn’t it all at Mrs. Gabie? She asked for it yesterday.” He asked back

“that’s for your preparation score, she check on your list. So you think if it’s with her you don’t have to make another one for you?”

“um…yes?” Sera grab her pencil case and hit his head “ack!!”

“that’s why keep forgot your ingredients”

“then don’t hit, what kind of girl loves to hit others?” he hold his head, Myungsoo is used to be hit by Sera, but he still can’t handle the shocked, he never knew when she might hit him.

“Me ‘kind of girl’” they continue to bickering while Eunji already gave up to calm them down.

----

Sera walked with Eunji and Myungsoo to the school gate when they face to face with Naeun, Sera was fine, and Eunji knew nothing, Sera take a look on Myungsoo who try to look fine.

“Sera, where’ll you go?” Mrs. Gabie come out of the office.

‘thanks for the great timing mrs.’ Myungsoo sigh relieved. And the three of them went inside the office, leaving Naeun who stood still.

“we’re going to shop for the ingredients” Sera answered

“oh, be careful then, and Myungsoo! If you forget any of the ingredients again? I failed you for this exam”

“yes ma’am, that’s why I stick to them, they’ll help me”

“ckckck.. what’ll you do without Sera~ oh btw, is Yugyeom still absent?”

“yes ma’am, since the last practice he’s still not come”

“ha~ how can I deal with this kid?” Mrs. Gabie sigh and start massaging her head

----

“what is wrong with Kim Yugyeom? He’s not a loner, but he would disappear all of sudden. Weird..” Eunji mumbled, they are at the bus on the back seat. “hey, did you guys hear me?” Eunji look at Sera who fell asleep on the bus window, and Myungsoo with his phone games.

 

“geez, not even 5 minutes trip, she already fell asleep?” Eunji sigh, while trying to move Sera’s face from the window “hey, move a bit pleaseeee..ck!” Eunji said to Myungsoo who sat in between

“let her be, she sleep anywhere and anytime she wants..” Myungsoo paused his game, and smirk looking at sera.

15 minutes later, they arrive in the market

“Sera… we’re here. Come on up” Myungsoo tap on Sera’s cheek. She woke up quickly, and blinked a few times

“ckckckck.. sleep well?” he asked, mocking. Sera just walk away following Eunji

----

The next day, all of them move to the kitchen to check their station and tools, they may not showed it, but theirselves notice all of them are nervous, it’s their first exam. The exam they knew before only require a paper and pen/pencil, but this time it require a stove, knife, etc. Sera was standing in front of her station, still checking while imagining how her steps during the exam. She turn around and saw Eunji also do the same, she lift her head, and saw Myungsoo on the other side, scratching his head.

“is there anything wrong?” Sera come to Myungsoo

“me. I don’t trust myself, can you check my tools? I don’t trust if I’m the only one who checked it.”

“don’t be. Learn to trust yourself..” Sera said as she checked on Myungsoo’s tools. “where’s your sauce pan? It should be 2, why there’s only one?”

“see… I told you. What would I do if you’re not here….” He sigh as two of them went to the storage room. Sera tip-toeing to get the sauce pan, when suddenly Myungsoo went behind her and grab the pan.

Sera froze a bit, smelling his scent and feeling his chest bump to her back. The storage room is pretty small and full with racks of tools. It’s not her first time bump with Myungsoo in here, and it’s either she or him who start to teased each other, but everytime it happens, Sera always feels something she don’t want to admit.

“drink milk, not coffee so you grow taller” he said, lightly bumping the sauce pan on Sera’s forehead

“I drink latte, there’s milk in it”

“yeah, of course you are.” He pulled Sera outside and closed the storage door

Sera is home, she starts reading her recipe and looking to the picture of her dish. She starts checking her work plan and see if there’s anything she should change. Then she prepared her uniform, makes sure it’s clean and checking her knife, the school provide it, but Sera love her own more.

Her phone rings and Sera pick up..

Hey..

Hey…did you finish checking your tools for tomorrow?

I’m doing it now.

Recipe? Read it again, you don’t want to put the wrong number on sugar or salt

Understood ma’am, Seraaaaaa.. I’m so nervous for tomorrow, what if anything went wrong?

Make sure you don’t, check everything over and over. Let’s just hope nothing bad happen and do our best. Well eventhough something happen, it’ll be fine.. besides, it’s our first time

I hope so, see you tomorrow then, sleep well

You too, don’t forget your vitamin.