Cupid

And you said love was disgusting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word count: 1872 

Enjoy!!!!

----------

Seungcheol was tall. He had long limbs and a firm body. He had sharp features and big eyes. Not exactly how people would think a cupid would look like.

Then again, none of the cupids assigned in Seoul looked like anything humans thought that cupids looked like.

Yes, cupids. With an S. Many humans, in fact, maybe all humans think there is only one cupid around but no. There are tons of us all around the world. Cupids are like guardian angels to two people. When the time comes, the arrow would fly into their hearts and they would fall in love.

But that didn't mean they would fall in love at the same time. One of them could get struck by the arrow when they were kids and the soulmate's counterpart could get struck twenty years later.

Once the two soulmates have found each other, the cupid in charge of them doesn't leave just yet. Their job is to stick with them so that their love never fades, even resorting to shoot the arrow again if all else fails. Only when one soulmate dies will the cupid turn human by being reincarnated and a cupid would be born and to take care of the ex cupid. The reuinited cupid could no longer see other cupids but remember his past cupid life. The cycle continues and it has been going on for years.

Seungcheol, unlike most cupids, dreaded to become human. He liked how he could fly around without any worries and fly so fast it was like he could teleport. He had to take care of two people at once after all. Seungcheol didn't understand the topic of love. He couldn't comprehend it and seeing the two humans (Andy and Solbi) holding their hands together made him furrow his eyebrows. He felt that love was disgusting.

"He is the one for me mum I swear I'm in love!" A teenage girl was crying as she was pulling her father's shirt.

Seungcheol rolled his eyes, feeling pity for the father. The father was who he was supposed to take care after all.

"I give up on this girl. I haven't even shot the arrow yet. She's supposed to actually fall in love when she's 27! That's exactly ten years from now!" Mingyu pulled his hair in frustration and huffed. Seungcheol laughed and his back.

"She isn't a cupid reincarnation how would she know?" Seungcheol shrugged his shoulder as Andy held his anger and stood his ground. Solbi came in and pulled their crying teenage daughter to the side.

"I doubt Solbi was a crying mess like this when she was a teenager." Mingyu whined as Solbi consoled her daughter.

"Because I shot the arrow when she was like fourteen?" Seungcheol flicked Mingyu's forehead. "Stop complaining kid."

Mingyu rubbed his forehead with a pout, throwing his arms in the air in defeat. Hearing cries getting softer, Mingyu's face turned into relief.

"At least her soulmate right now is sleeping and having a dream about..." Mingyu closed his eyes to try to see what the other human was seeing, or dreaming for that matter.

"Writing a book. Wow, I like this guy." Mingyu opened his eyes and grinned at Seungcheol who rolled his eyes in response.

The family went to sleep and Seungcheol decided to spend the rest of the night flying around the world. He invited Mingyu but the latter declined, stating he wanted to watch his human's dreams. He said something about the dream has become about robots fighting in the apocalypse.

Seungcheol set off and flew around Korea, he ended up in Busan and stayed there for a while, floating more than actual flying. He spotted a couple who were kissing under the moonlight at the beach and instead of admiring the scene, he felt disgusted instead.

"What's so good about love anyway?" Seungcheol muttered under his breath.

"Do you want me to shoot you with an arrow to know?"

Seungcheol turned around to find the source of the voice. It turned out to be another cupid, probably the one taking care of the two humans making out at the side. The cupid had pink hair and a small stature. He had a round face and chubby cheeks and a sudden urge came to Seungcheol to go pinch those cheeks.

"Then who would I fall in love with?" Seungcheol questioned to which the pink haired cupid shrugged his shoulders.

"But I think love is beautiful. Don't look down on it." The small cupid flew higher and went closer to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter