Kim Taehyung

Oneshot-Kim Taehyung

It was already 12 midnight, suddenly a knock on my door echoes inside my apartment. ‘Who would come visit me at this time?’ I kind of have a hint of who it was. But still, I looked through the small glass at the center of my door. It was, Kim Taehyung. He’s a close friend of mine, or very close rather.

I opened the door, he looks gloomy. I wonder what happened. “Yah, who would come this late at night in my house?”
He went inside my apartment as if his own. “She broke 
up with 
me” He said as he stumbled on my sofa.

‘I knew it’ I wonder how many times he came to my apartment with the same situation.
I sat beside him and pat his back. “What happened?”
He buried his face 
on my pillow. “She confessed that she likes Jungkook and not me that her purpose was to get close to me then Jungkook”

Tears fell down his cheeks. ‘It’s a good thing you broke up with her’ I thought. I don’t know what to say to him since I never experienced dating. He knows that, but still whenever he had his trouble with his girlfriend the first thing he does is to go to my house.

“Milk?” I asked him.
He didn’t reply, he just looked at me. I went to the kitchen and gave him the milk anyway. He just looked at the glass of milk. I smirked, “Oh sorry, maybe I should offer you some alcohol?”
One corner of his lips lifted “As if you would buy me one”

He pouted. I pat his head “I may not be an expert at this, but don’t you think it’s a good thing you broke up with her?”
He looked at me, I continued “I mean, didn’t she just used you because you’re close to Jungkook?”
He sighed heavily “I don’t think that was the real reason. I know it when she’s lying or not”

Is this what love is supposed to be?
I shrugged and stayed silent since I really don’t know what to say.
It’s awkward, has it always been like this?
“If you want to eat, I have ramyeon on the food cabinet. I’ll just finish my homework” I stood up but before I started walking he grabbed my wrist, it wasn’t forceful but it was gentle. My heart skipped a bit at the moment.
I looked at him ‘Ah, my face feels hot’
“Tell me, what should I do? Should I talk to her?” he asked me.
Not knowing I sat beside him “Hmm I don’t know, but maybe you should talk to her properly?” He nods “I should prepare something for her don’t you think?” I slightly shook my head in agreement and then he smiled.
It was already time for him to leave. I walked him outside…

I never felt this before but why now?
When I look at him walking away,
there is this small pain in my chest.

I quietly went inside the university library to return the books I borrowed yesterday.
Looking over my shoulders, I only see a 
few students scattered on different tables.

“Here you go” the librarian smiled as she returned my library card. “Thanks” I bowed in reply.

I looked at my watch. Oh no, it was this time already? I need to send my email to one of my classmates.
I sighed as I walked out of the library. Suddenly, my phone vibrates. A text from Taehyung,

“Meet me tonight at this time --:-- at the park near ______. I have something to tell you”

I wonder what this is about. But I felt happy at his text.
My face feels hot again. What is this feeling?
I arrived at the park to see Taehyung wearing formal clothes and a bouquet?

 

 

I hurriedly went towards him but a bright light suddenly made me to a stop.
A car?
The car stopped in front of Taehyung. The car door opened and a beautiful woman stepped out from the car.
She looked elegant, is that his girlfriend?

 

 

I unconsciously hid behind the bush that was beside me.

Taehyung walked towards her and gave her the bouquet and led her to a romantic table at the center of the park.
There were lights all over the place perfect for a marriage proposal.
The girl smiled and was teary eyed.

Taehyung smiled and bended his one knee on the floor.

The girl looked surprised.
I don’t know what they’re talking about. But one thing is for sure…
Taehyung held out his hands, a small red box. Once he opened it, it was a ring.

Tears fell down my cheeks.
Why am I crying? Why am I running away?
I couldn’t stand the pain in my chest…
What is this?
I run and run…

 

 

I unconsciously went to a place where there are lots of people.
I suddenly bumped in
to someone and I lost my balance.

I can’t hear anything…
What is this pain? I should be happy right?
People started looking at me like I’m a crazy person.
I cried and cried…

It hurts so much.
Why didn’t I realized this sooner?



‘Ahh, so this is what love is?’

 

 

 

---

 

Annyeong! Feel free to comment or criticize my work lol  :D