Final

That One Summer

That One Summer

 

 

Emmanuel know the tales. From his grandmother's stories when he visits her in their province together with his family. From his mother's bed time stories that was passed down to his sister. From his friend's antics about  Princesses and fairytales and such. He knows it too well but he didn't mind it at all knowing they were only made up stories for little girls who wish for happily ever afters.

No those tales aren't true. Specially those beautiful creatures that have the body of a human and a fish, that lives under deep blue oceans and was believes to lure fishermens by their beauty so they can prey on them. Mermaids, sirens or whatever people call them, aren't true. He doesn't believe it one bit.

That is one of the reason he doesn't believe his eyes when he saw the most beautiful girl in the world near the seashore, her head looking at the setting sun infront of her not knowing the presence of the said boy. The girl was so beautiful with her wet black hair that seems to shine under the orange sky that illuminates the surrounding. A smile on her beautiful face and her eyes that is directly at the sun shining. But what caught Emmanuel off guard was the fact that the girl was half nake, her hair covering her and that half of her body is made up of fins-- of a glistening blue tail.

He should run. I should run.

He turns around to run when a pebble made it's presence known under Emmanuel's left foot and he shout at the pain that attacks his foot, effectively catching the mermaid's attention.

Shock. Fear.

That was the emotions that was playing in the girl's face as she notice the boy not a kilometer away from where she is.

Stupid! You just can't get away of trouble, can you? 

She mentally scold herself and was about to turn and swim home when the boy turn around and their eyes lock.

Emmanuel was beyond mesmerized. The girl's eye held fear and shock but it was still beautiful, it still sparkle just like the ocean where she belongs. That's right.

Ocean is where she belongs.

So why can't he let her go when summer ends? When all of their moments need to end because, Nuel father was already suspicious. He says I was always not in radar.

Why can't he just let her go back to the wide, deep blue ocean where she belongs. Maybe someone out there deep in the oceans loves this girl just as much as he learns to love her? Or maybe that someone loves this girl much more that he loves her? Someone much worth because they were both product of ocean? Child of Poseidon and not like him. A human.

Yeah, he should just run that time when they first met. Because as deep as her home, his love for her is already deep. He falls for her just like how the sun falls for the ocean every sunset.

"Danice, I promise I will never forget you."

I love you.

"Nuel, I wont forget you too."

I love you too.

But then promises were ment to be broken. Mermaids and humans should't meet just like how the sun shouldn't meet the moon. So as they go on their life, in the busy streets and life of city for Emmanuel and the calm and serene waves of the ocean for Danice, the memories of that one summer was washed by the lonely waves of the wide deep transparent ocean.

 




Emmanuel and Danice are my friends but they don't know a thing about this. Sorry my friends, I used you.

 

=astxr=