Boyfriend Problem

Boyfriend Problems
Helloooo! Hahahaha! Sorry for the long wait! I finally finished it ;-; anyway, I hope you all enjoy! :D Don't forget to comment huehue!
 
=====
 
He should feel lucky. He is lucky.
 
He's got everything he needs; literally everyone would die to be in his position right now. He has a pretty decent job, he has an ample amount of money in his bank account and an apartment that overlooks the beautiful city of Seoul. His family is always there to support him, endlessly encouraging and constantly boasting about his achievements and accomplishments to their neighbors back home. 
 
Plus, he's quite on the attractive side. His looks weren't too bad and his body is well-built; he has somewhat of an athletic side. Most importantly, his girlfriend is what you'd call "perfect". Her looks could make the whole world stop and stare; brown doe eyes that could captivate an unknowing stranger, a cute button nose, snow white skin and soft caramel locks
 
She also had the heart of an angel, the soul of a saint. Her acts of kindness were always sincere, genuine, and straight from her heart. Furthermore, Irene, his girlfriend, had a quick-witted and clever mind, enough to outsmart a number of people. She is just truly amazing. Sometimes, he'd find himself thinking how in the world did he manage to 'catch' a girl like Irene.
 
He is lucky.
 
His life is what you could call perfect and really, he couldn't ask for more. There was only one thing wrong though, or rather, one person.
 
Kang Seulgi.
 
She's the one and only best friend of Irene. Don't get him wrong; Seulgi is actually a very nice person. In fact, her golden heart could rival Irene's. Seulgi has a very optimistic and bright outlook in life and she always sees the good in everyone. It's not like Seulgi doesn't want him as Irene's lover; she's actually very supportive of their three-year relationship. And really, Seulgi is like all the goodness in this world balled up into one person. 
 
So why?
 
He thinks this over as he watches the sight in front of him; Irene, his girlfriend, cuddling with Seulgi on Irene's worn out couch. The pair was watching afternoon cartoons while snuggling comfortably against each other, bodies covered with a warm blanket, and eating what seems to be cereal. They were still unaware of his presence; though, they were whispering and giggling softly as if they were in their own tiny world. 
 
He hates it. He despises it. 
 
He loathes how close Seulgi was to Irene; hands obliviously touching bare skin, reaching slightly into Irene's thin shirt. He detests how relaxed and comfortable they looked; all snuggled up against each other, mindlessly caressing soft skin. It angers him. There's this green feeling, a burning sensation in his stomach, clawing and ripping his insides. He's jealous, he knows. 
 
And it's weird and ridiculous because he's never felt like this before. He doesn't understand why he feels jealousy; Irene hanged out with a lot of her male friends before and he never felt this way. He doesn't understand why he suddenly feels so possessive of what's his, why he hates Seulgi. This is probably the first time he hates someone who had never challenged him into a fight, he thinks to himself. 
 
Irene was just always so close to Seulgi. They're sort of a package deal; if you want Irene, then you'd have to get Seulgi too. They were always together, even in some of their dates. The first time it happened, he just brushed it off; this is what girl best friends do. But slowly, he began to see this differently. Because really, why would you hold your best friend's hand, cuddle up against her side when your date is literally beside you? And why would you even bring your best friend on your date?
 
He clenched the plastic bag in his hand tightly as he glares at the scene before him. He closed his eyes, breathing in deeply, before clenching his teeth. He opened his eyes and forced a smile on his lips before cheerfully saying,
 
"Hi babe!"
 
Immediately, locks of chestnut hair turned, accompanied by a blinding smile. The small brunette let out a high-pitched squeal as she dashed towards him, tackling him in a tight embrace. He chuckled at her excitement, patting her tiny head and kissing her forehead. He also noticed Seulgi looking at them.
 
Oh, and he hates that too, the expression Seulgi wore every time he catches them together.
 
No, it's not that smug mischievous look that says "Ha! I'm on my way to steal yo gurl!" nor was it the guilty "Oops! You caught us!" look. No, it was neither of the two. It was her smile. Every single time, a gentle smile was plastered on her face as she lovingly watched Irene run towards him. It irritates him. It's as if  
 
"Hi oppa!" Seulgi waved at him, soft smile still on her lips. He hesitantly waved back before focusing on the girl in his arms. He hugged her tightly, focusing on controlling his anger. Today was their 3rd anniversary and nothing's going to ruin this day for him. 
 
"Honey, we have a reservation at 7. Hurry and get dressed."
 
"Where are we going, oppa?"
 
"You'll find out soon, babe." He winked at Irene before leaving small kisses on her forehead. The small girl giggled as she tried to dodge his kisses.
 
"Okay, okay! I'm gonna dress up so we can finally go to this secret restaurant," she narrowed her eyes playfully, "so just wait here! Seulgi, come on! You're helping me pick an outfit!" She grabbed the younger girl by the hand. He heard faint giggling as the girls went to Irene's room. 
 
A few minutes later, Irene was finally ready. The brunette grabbed her bag from her couch before telling him that she had to say goodbye to her best friend. And by 'saying goodbye', she means placing a wet kiss on the younger girl's cheek. He felt that burning sensation in his stomach again. His anger only grew as he clenched his fists.
 
Nope, not gonna ruin his day.
 
=====
 
"Happy anniversary honey," he whispered as he held Irene's hand, slowly pulling her towards him. They were in his apartment now, after having dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant. A smile crept over her soft lips as she watched him toy with her fingers. The brunette shyly placed herself on top of his lap, giving him a blinding smile. 
 
"Happy anniversary," she whispered back before dipping down to softly push her lips onto his. The kiss started out slow, lips moving lazily before gradually changing into a faster pace. There was , , nipping, . Hands were all over the place, gripping, tugging, grabbing. The kiss grew hungrier by the minute, sensual and eager. He started going down, placing soft open-mouthed kisses down her neck as she gripped his shirt tightly. She knew where this was going and decided to put a stop to it.
 
"O-Oppa, stop," Irene muttered as she slowly pushed him away. This didn't stop him though. He continued and planting small kisses down the brunette's neck. In response to his kisses, the small girl gripped his shirt tighter before pushing him away again; this time with more force.
 
"O-Oppa, I said stop," she said, panting heavily. The action angered him, causing him to loudly groan in frustration. 'Really? What the hell, Irene? I was already getting in the mood!,' he thought in annoyance. His hands, that were previously cupping her s, dropped to his sides and were now balled into fists. He was really getting sick of this, Irene not allowing him to touch her. 
 
He suddenly felt envious of his friends who probably have more experience than him. He thought of the times they told stories and boasted about their skills. His rage only grew, though, as he thought of that one person; Seulgi. He saw red when he remembered all the times he saw her with Irene; holding hands, hugging and cuddling.
 
His mind replayed to the scene he witnessed earlier when Irene was saying goodbye to Seulgi. Was it really necessary to kiss her goodbye?
 
With that replaying in his mind, he finally snapped.
 
"Come on, Irene! We've been dating for three years now... THREE! Don't you think that's enough time already?"
 
"I'm sorry, oppa. I just don't think it's time yet, I'm not ready."
 
"Then when will the right time be? I'm getting tired of waiting," he grumbled, as he stared down at the girl on his lap. 
 
"I already told you, I'm not ready yet. Please accept that, oppa," Irene quietly replied, with the slightest hint of irritation in her voice as she got off of his lap. Usually, his anger would die down with that answer. This time, however, it only fueled his rage.
 
"Oh really? What about Seulgi then, huh?"
 
Irene stopped upon hearing his words. 'Seulgi? What does Seulgi have to do with this?,' Irene thought as she looked at him incredulously. "What are you talking about? Seulgi has nothing to do with this."
 
"Of course she does! She has everything to do with this." Irene only looked at him with confusion, as she began to wear her shirt. She continued to fix herself, all the while ignoring him as he rant on. 
 
"You know, she's always with you. She's always holding your hand, she's always hugging you. And this morning? She had her hand inside your shirt! And you didn't do anything about it!" He unknowingly raised his voice as he vented out his frustrations.
 
Irene sighed. "You're being unreasonable, oppa. Seulgi's my best friend. We do that all the time, you have to chill," she said, a faint smile growing on her lips though her frown was still prominent. 'This conversation is ridiculous,' she thought. 
 
"Unreasonable?! The only one being unreasonable here is you! Don't deny it, Irene. I feel so mad whenever she touches you. Why are you letting her touch you when I can't? Don't you think I should have that privilege? She's not the one you're dating!"
 
"Excuse me?" She asked, infuriated. "What the hell are you talking about? If you didn't hear what I said earlier, Seulgi is my best friend. She has every right to do those things with me. Do you even hear yourself? You're getting jealous over my friend? And she's a girl, for Christ's sake!" 
 
"I have every right to be jealous! I'm your boyfriend!"
 
"Exactly! You're my boyfriend! You shouldn't be jealous over stuff I do with my girl friends!" Irene countered. She was panting heavily now, for a very different reason. "Ugh, I can't believe this. You know what, oppa? I'll just go home," the brunette muttered as she grabbed her bag and headed for the door. 
 
"Oh no. You're not going anywhere, Irene," he said as he grabbed her slender arm. "We're finishing this once and for all."
 
Irene struggled to get away from his hold, wriggling her arm to escape. His grip only grew tighter with her efforts, as he slowly pulled the small girl towards him. 
 
"Let go of me, oppa! You're hurting me!" Hesitantly, he loosened his grip but he was still holding on to her arm. Irene glared up at him, a deep frown etched on her face. 
 
"Irene please. We have to talk about this. If this goes on, we will always come back to this..." He said, whispering the last few words. Irene scoffed.
 
"If your jealousy goes on, then we will always fight like this. Seriously, oppa, this is ridiculous. You have nothing to worry about, okay?" Irene's anger slightly dissipated as she slowly cupped his cheeks, her thumb rubbing his left cheek. A small smile appeared on her face as she watched him closely.
 
"I know I have nothing to worry about and I know I shouldn't be jealous of... Seulgi... I just- sometimes, I can't help it, okay? It just feels unfair," he complained. When the small girl didn't answer, he continued explaining. 
 
"Like what I've said, you're always clinging to her yet you don't allow me to touch you," he pouted, "it took like 5 months before I could hold your hand and a year to kiss you!" With this being said, his anger slowly grew once more. "It's like you enjoy her company more! Whenever she comes with us, it's always you and her, not you and me! Like I'm the third wheel! Every time we're together, she's the only thing you talk about. I'm your boyfriend! Don't you think I deserve more attention?!"
 
"Oppa, you're acting like a child!"
 
"What? You can't say anything about that? 'Cause it's true, isn't it?" he scoffed, "You know what, if you like being with her more, why don't you just date her?!" he angrily yelled. 
 
With these words, Irene's eyes widened in shock of what he just said. opened and closed, like a fish out of water. He feared that the small girl would tear up at his words. However, instead of sadness and hurt, rage and fury filled her eyes as a deep crease formed on her forehead. Irene suddenly pushed him away as she laughed mockingly.
 
"Right, sure, whatever! I can't believe you're being like this! Tsk, you're finally showing your true colors, huh?" Her voice slightly cracked, suddenly dry. She stomped her way towards his apartment door, grumbling and muttering incoherent words all the way. Before she made her exit, though, she turned around and angrily spat,
 
"You know, if I really did date her, I bet she'd be a better 'boyfriend' than you!" before slamming the door, the only sound that echoed inside his apartment. He stood there in shock with his mouth agape, unable to comprehend what had just happened. Regret suddenly washed over him, clutching tightly at his heart. Questions started popping up in his mind. However, there was one question that stands out; were they over now?
 
His heart dropped at the thought. He shouldn't have said that, he shouldn't have said that. He shook his head to clear out his thoughts. He dashed out of his apartment to try and save even the tiniest bit of their relationship but she was already gone. He shouted her name and looked for her everywhere. She was gone. He didn't know where she went, he didn't know what their relationship is now. But he knows one thing for sure.
 
He ed up.
 
=====
 
Irene jumped at the grumble from the skies. The wind blew harshly against her tiny frame, her body shaking like a leaf. She gripped her sleeves tighter as she cursed at her luck. She left her precious coat in that douche's apartment. She sighed as she rubbed her hands together. Without noticing, her feet led her to a familiar place. 
 
As soon as she saw the familiar doorstep, her heart warmed and suddenly, she didn't feel so cold anymore. She quickened her pace towards the door before knocking softly. As she waited, she consciously fixed her hair and shirt before hugging herself as a harsh wind blew. The door creaked open, revealing a tall dark-haired girl. The said girl looked confused at first, her expression quickly changing into worry once she saw the brunette.
 
"Joohyun! Come inside quick, it's freezing out there!" The tall girl moved aside; Irene muttered a small 'thanks' before the dark-haired girl closed the door. "What are you doing here? It's like," she looked at the clock, "1 am..."
 
"Yeah, I'm sorry for bothering you at this time, Seul. Oppa and I just..." She paused. What could she say? She wasn't really sure if they were over, but what she's sure of is that she doesn't want to see him for a long time. Upon noticing the sadness in her tone, Seulgi brought her hand to Irene's shoulder, rubbing it softly. 
 
"Come on, I've got some hot chocolate prepared. Go sit on the couch and let's talk about it, okay?" The brunette only hummed as she lifelessly made her way towards Seulgi's couch. Warmth suddenly enveloped her tiny body as Seulgi draped a blanket over her shoulders. The small girl let out a grateful smile towards her best friend before breathing deeply. Seulgi disappeared in her kitchen before coming out with two steaming mugs of hot chocolate. The tall girl handed her a mug before sitting down next to her.
 
"So... What happened?" Seulgi hesitantly asked.
 
"He was... being a jerk," Irene replied sadly. "We were just making out on his couch and you know, things got heated so I told him to stop. Then, he got all mad and grumpy," she said with a pout, sadness filled her eyes. Seeing her best friend pout made Seulgi pout too. She moved closer to the brunette, giving her a side hug and a rub on her shoulder.
 
"What was he mad about?" She softly whispered.
 
Irene looked at her, hesitation in her eyes. She looked worried, like she was afraid to say the reason behind his anger. Finally, she took a deep breathe, stared at Seulgi's eyes before she whispered, 
 
"You."
 
To say that Seulgi was shocked is an understatement. The dark-haired girl's eyes were wide and agape, unable to form a response. Irene continued staring at her, tugging at Seulgi's shirt to move closer before explaining.
 
"He's jealous that I'm always so close to you. He got mad that I always cling to you. He keeps saying that he's my boyfriend so I should give him more priority or something."
 
"Well, what did you say?"
 
The older girl frowned. "I told him that he's being childish and that he shouldn't get jealous of you. That kind of calmed him down but he started getting mad again. Then, he started saying all these things and you know what he told me?"
 
"What?"
 
"He told me since I like being with you more, why don't I just date you?"
 
Seulgi's eyes widened. "What? He said that?" 
 
The frowning girl nodded before nonchalantly saying, "yeah, so I told him that if I did date you, I think you'd be a better boyfriend than him." 
 
Seulgi blushed. Her face suddenly felt so hot and she knew she was probably as red as a tomato now. She turned her head to avert her gaze and coughed. Sensing the awkward atmosphere, Seulgi decided to break the silence.
 
"S-So you broke up with him?"
 
"I guess... I don't know... I just... I don't wanna see him right now... I got really mad after he said that. Ugh!"
 
Both girls went silent after that. Irene sipped from her steaming mug while Seulgi was still in shock. She was still processing everything Irene told her. 
 
"Wow. I can't believe you said that to your boyfriend of three years." 
 
"Well, I'd rather lose him than lose you... I mean... no one could ever replace you. There's like a million guys out there who could be my boyfriend..." The older girl turned shy, bashfully playing with her fingers before muttering, "but you're my only best friend out there."
 
The dark-haired girl stared at her. Seulgi felt her heart swell at the confession, it felt like her heart was bursting out of her chest with all the joy she felt. She suddenly embraced the brunette, making her jump and nearly knocking her down. Seulgi tried to hide her huge grin on Irene's shoulder as she practically squeezed the life out of her best friend. When she finally calmed down, she grabbed Irene's shoulders.
 
"Okay! Enough mourning! I'm gonna take you out tomorrow! We're gonna shop for new clothes and eat ice cream and everything you want, okay?"
 
Irene immediately squealed when she heard "shop for new clothes". She thought about what happened earlier, with that jerk. She won't allow anyone to hurt her best friend. She won't let anyone break them apart. 
 
She was right all along.
 
She knew Seulgi would be a better 'boyfriend'.
 
End.