final

Our endless differences
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He woke to the sound of his daily alarm at 5 in the morning. Wrapping the blanket closer to his petite body he rubs his eyes from the sleep left. After twisting his spine left and then right he waddled to the bathroom, brushed his teeth and headed to the kitchen to cook breakfast after a hot shower.

Pressing the locker screen of his phone he checks the time. 6.24am. 32messages and 3chats, and a whole bunch from his best friend who nags like a baby.

Bunny: pabo-ah..
Yoohoo…
Yah.
Hey,! Are you sleeping on mee agaaaain???
If you forget about tomorrow I will definitely kill you
Don’t you play dump on me
Don’t forget to wake me either
Oyyyy, araseeo??
Answer me!
Fine..
Wear something hot
Show him how he shouldn’t have let you go
Sorry forget that
Okay fine,
good night
I mean morwing
Morning*
Yeah, good morning Tenny
Kill you later…

 

Brushing his bangs to the side he let out a heavy sigh. 'What the heck'.

 

To Bunny:
Wake up knucklehead
I didn’t forget or even if I did you’d kill me. I still Want to live so I remember now and get that off the bed it wants to breathe!!!!!

 

Putting on a sleeveless black top and a blue torn out jeans he looks at his reflection in the old body length mirror and hums an approval that he was ready to go. He calls for Doyoung and they took off to the same direction that made a turning point in his life.

 

A big crowd had gathered in circle on the front of the town’s biggest mall as music in the attention of passerby’s eardrums. Doyoung excitedly drags uncooperative limbs to the middle of the crowd and they push their way into walls of sweaty bodies. An unknown crew was currently performing but Ten's attention was elsewhere.

 

He thought he could just watch the day flew by but even before 5 minutes of standing he almost regretted his decision to come for God knows how many times when a certain tall figure approached him. He stood motionless as girls whispered to one another on how the guy looked hot and had killer looks plus how much of an amazing dancer he was.

He is famous now.

 

Holding a charity drop box in hand the tall dancer stood opening his mouth to say something but Ten turned and dashed.

He wasn’t suppose to remember him. He wasn’t supposed to recognize him. He had only seen him once in real and how dare he remember. Dare he even try to talk to him. Who gave him permission for that?

'Wait, he likes to crash in and that too was how he entered his uneven life'.

 

 

"Ten.. .”

 

 

 

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

 

October 30th 2014

 

JohnSeo is in a relationship with Seulgi

 

“Tenny, would you like a coffee?” He stares at his phone screen, stunned but maybe he might have expected it at the same time because not a single tear fell. He knew something was up.

Johnny is seriously a great dancer plus he is attractive so how would he ever fall for a guy like him when there are pretty girls out there running after him.

“Ten?"

“Huh? Oh mom, ah.. No I’m fine” his mom smiled and left the room without closing the door. Ten got up and closed it and shuffled back to get dressed for the day. He looks at his reflection and did not miss the bags under his eyes. Both from staying up too often and whatever has been troubling him for weeks. He stared at the threaded wristband hanging loosely around his bony wrist and felt pity for tiring himself out to braid the band. He still had three subjects ahead and an added pain is of no help in his exams.

He set out to face the heavy load and waves goodbye to his mother with a good luck wish and a peck to his little girl swishing her tail lovingly with flattened ears. He did not know what made him felt extremely hollow that day but everything seems lifeless to his eyes. The world that day only give off the colors of dark clouds and gray driveways.

 

That evening he found his eyes bore holes at the photo of Johnny’s display photo adorned by a picture of a smiling Johnny accompanied by a girl. He did not need to look up for the girl because he perfectly knew who she was. Seulgi, the model. She wasn't a world-class known model but still she is stunningly beautiful.

A ‘ding’ sound of Ten’s notification tone alerted him reading it was from Taeyong, a facebook buddy that somehow came out as a close friend.

 

TY:
Tennn
[Attached photo]
What is this? Have you seen it? I was soooo shocked!!! Who is she???
I thought you two were still keeping in contact.. . . ???

to TY:
I know right?? Lol

TY:
You okay bro?

to TY:
Sure, you know what??

TY:
What? Speak up!

to TY:
I hate him lool

TY:
Lol
Gosh I thought for a sec it was gonna be totally serious
You had me there, dude

 

 

 

‘Yeah’ he thought ‘he had me for a while too'.

 

 

 

 

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

 

“The view isn’t all that good from up here” Ten jumps at the sound only to find Johnny’s best friend, Jaehyun, who is also a dancer and happens to be Doyoung’s ex.

Doyoung and Jaehyun dated before Ten and Johnny knew each other. In fact it was on their credit that the two started contacting each other. However, they didn’t last for a year on the cost of Doyoung’s oblivion to flirtation and Jaehyun’s jealousy. But the two managed to part normally and unharmed unlike him and Johnny. But Ten was still surprised to see the other as they’ve never really spoken a word or two in person.

“Not interested” he brushes him off. He never came to please his eyes in the first place. Jaehyun just smiled.

“Well, that’s okay in that case. I guess”

“What are you doing here?” he blurted out unsure of what to expect from the other. He knew he might sound rude but Jaehyun is the last person he wants to see other than Johnny.

"Why did you keep running away from me?' Jaehyun asked out of the blue.

“What are you talking about?” he asked, not getting where the conversation was going.

“December 2013” that was the second time he attended the charity event. The second time he saw Johnny and got too scared to talk to him in person. The dancer had not recognized him then but he remembered the unsure acknowledgement when Johnny glanced his way a few times. He made a fool out of himself by breaking the eye contact each time to later be scolded by the other himself when Ten told him that night. They talked about how they felt about seeing the other for the very first time after a good year of knowing each other through SNS.

“He asked or should I say begged me to take a picture of you because you know, he was too shy to just talk to you” Ten did remember running away but he did not know that Jaehyun was aiming for him and not Doyoung.

The two did had a cute relationship but they parted because Jaehyun was too overprotective and short tempered for Doyoung's tolerance so his friend dumped Jaehyun.

 

He chuckled bitterly at the reference of Johnny being a shy person. He was bold enough to upload a picture of him and his girlfriend kissing. He never heard from him when he started dating somebody else. Though the dancer tried to explain that it wasn't them but a friend who thought it was funny to play a prank on Johnny's fans. Johnny was and is still a cruel and heartless person. And that is all he is and will ever be.

 

“I just want to say one thing” Jaehyun released a breath “I don’t know what exactly happened between the two you but.. .I thought you were gonna make it”

"What do you mean?” he has all but been asking, not filtering any single word that had came out of the other's mouth by far.

“Johnny loved you” Ten laughs a bitter laugh and Jaehyun looks at him sadly. Of course his friend would come to clean Johnny's mess. What are friends for?. It wasn't like he was gonna reveal Johnny's true nature. “He really did”

“Yeah” Ten replied sarcastically wanting to hit anything and everything at the moment for being reminded of something he had hoped to hear for the past 3 years but getting pissed at it. Such a stupid wistful thing, he knew better than that now.

“He still does” Ten stares hard at the other for a good minute, waiting to hear that a joke had been well played and he was the victim but no, Jaehyun all but remained calm and sincere at his stand. Ten gave up.

“May be he did” he uttered softly and forcefully “May be for a little while” Jaehyun smiles and clasp his hand on the owner of the tired soul, giving it a light squeeze.

“It’s always been you for him” Ten’s eyes flickered up, taken aback and Jaehyun just smiles and left.

 

 

 

 

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

31st October 2014

 

He laughed in bitter as small clouds of warm breath painted fog in front of his eyes. Two Chemistry textbooks and a note scribbled with solutions and a cup of freshly made coffee stayed by the study table of his bedroom.

Looking at the sun peeking behind the clouds he wondered if he could go back in time. He would change ever saying ‘okay’ because he isn’t okay. He would not have gone against his parents and he would not have to keep everything closeted and extremely unbearable that it choked him till he started to lose his mind.

 

“I wouldn’t have made you alive” he said to the band wrapped around his wrist. A mixture of reds, browns, light greens, peach and purples swirling around in braided pattern."I wouldn’t have neglected my waist injury to suffer the hours of completing you for nothing”.

 

 

JohnSeo updated his status:
What have I done?

Seulgi commented on this:
What the hell are you talking about?

 

 

He said he was coming back. Johnny clearly told him how he was excit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter