Airplane

Eyes on You (updated w/ pt. 2)

"Stop pretending to be calm,
there are tears in your eyes
I see a sadness like you’ve lost the world"

He's right. He always is, maybe that's why you loved coming here. Then again, maybe because it's just him. His voice was your antidote, your escape. When he sings, all you could focus on was his face, nothing else apart from that in your mind.

He had a breathtaking face accompanying his beautiful voice, almost too perfect, although you've never seen it up close.
Tonight was again one of those nights where you came to escape.

Here you were, at your usual spot in the bar, with your usual drink of choice in your hand as you fixed your eyes on him. Maybe you were delusional, but he always seemed to be looking at you when he sang. It was odd, but it wasn't uncomfortable, in fact you loved it. He would also smile at you every time after he finishes his session on stage, because he knew you would be gone before he could reach you.

You had no reason as to why you hurried to leave every time as soon as he finishes his fourth, which is his last song for the day, either. Maybe it was because you did not want to ruin this perfect image of him in your eyes; never want to know if he had any flaws up close, never want to know how his speaking voice sound, never want to let him have a chance to break you like everyone else did. You were content with what you see and hear, from this distance, because he was perfect.

Today he was wearing a black tee with cuffed sleeves and you wondered how he seemed to make everything he had on look good, even a plain black shirt. With a purple and white flannel, with a hint of red, tied around his waist above his black jeans, he looked so effortless gorgeous sitting on that leather stool on stage with his right hand on the mic propped on the mic stand and the other hand resting on his lap. He had his right leg bent, resting on the foot rest of the stool and the other on the stage ground, and both his bare ankles were peeking out of the hem of his black jeans. His dark brown hair was now long enough to touch his eyes, and moved when he blinked or closed his eyes whenever he loses himself in his own lyrics.
You couldn't find anything unattractive about him.

"Because I don’t wanna let you go like this
This is the saddest melody in the world"

The last song he was singing today was about how he was trying to make the girl he loved stay and not leave him, and you've never heard anything as melancholic as this, nor anything as beautiful and as heart wrenching as this, maybe it was just because of his voice and how he had his eyes closed ever since he began singing the song, probably meaning this song was too important and significant to him for him to sing it while looking at an insignificant stranger at the bar. He must have loved the girl a lot, you thought.

You diverted your gaze and turned towards the bartender beside you to order another of the same drink which you've just unknowingly finished while admiring the perfection you see on stage.

"He sings and raps pretty well," the female bartender said unexpectedly, "And he's good looking too, I wonder if he's single!" She laughed as she passed you your drink but you merely smiled back at her.
When your eyes returned to him, you realize that the song was coming to an end, and that he was looking directly at you now.

"Stop for a moment, it’s raining
The wind is blowing,
it’ll be dangerous if you go now
Hey Mr. Airplane
Stop for a moment, there’s a lot of time
There’s tomorrow too so let her come off
or let me get on
Just one more day, just one more hour,
just one more minute, just wanna say one thing
Hey Mr. Airplane
Stop for a moment"

And you nodded.

. What was that nod for? He wasn't singing that song to you, dumb ! You were so mesmerized by his lyrics and that something in his gaze, that you unknowingly nodded to what he was singing. That something in his gaze told you he was asking you to stay tonight, but you could've imagined that something.

Before you knew it, you hear the audience clapping and wolf whistling, and see him smiling politely in return and bowing slightly as he descended the stage, and then see him slowly pushing pass the crowd and making his way to you.

You couldn't possibly run now, that'll be utmost rude, so you stayed seated and took a sip of your drink to cool yourself down, then pretended to be fascinated by what's in your glass, when you clearly know what is was because you've just taken a sip of it.

It was only when you see someone take a seat beside you out of the corner of your eyes, then you realized that it was him - he was telling you to not leave. You stopped fiddling with your glass and looked up.

"Hi," You couldn't comprehend anything. His voice wasn't too low or deep, but he still sounded intimidatingly confident and attractive. How does one sound attractive?
You looked up and there he was. He was not any less perfect than you thought, if possible, even more perfect.
He had pale, perfect skin and defined brows above his perfectly shaped eyes, followed by a high, sharp nose, almost too sharp, structured above his lips which were pulled into a half smile, or is it a smirk?
He seemed really relaxed unlike you, as he rested his elbows on the bar table and casually ordered a drink before turning back to look at you.

"Hi," Surprisingly, you sounded equally relaxed, even though you could feel your pulse palpitating at a dangerous rate because of how his scent was affecting you, and how his eyes were brown and how soft his hair looked.

"Do you like my songs?" He asked hesitantly, a great contrast to how he previously sounded, almost like he was shy.
You nodded and smiled, and you were instantly rewarded with a larger smile from him, it was the first time you see him smile properly and you noticed how his smile created light dimples on the sides of his cheeks, making him seem ten times less intimidating and sad compared to when he was on stage, he looked so adorable you wanted to put him in your pocket and bring him home with you.

"Thank you," He said.
"Nice to meet you," He stuck out his hand. "Properly for the first time," He added.
"I'm Hanbin."

Finally a name you could give to the perfection from the distance, the distance which was from then on removed forever.