—fin.

love letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt #4: Secret Admirer

It was a normal day for Doyoung. Classes going on around the campus, hanging out with his crazy friends, surprise quizzes from their teachers, homeworks, and other school related things. Everything's going really smooth for him not until someone ruined it.

 

He was just peacefully walking along the school corridors on the way to his locker area when he suddenly tripped. No. Someone purposely tripped him.

 

The poor textbooks are now scattered on the floor. Doyoung close his eyes, ready for the floor's impact, when he suddenly felt a hand gripping tightly on his waist. Ohmygod. He immediately opened them and turned his head around, about to thank his savior when his jaw literally dropped. His very own savior is none other than the school's handsome thug, Jung Jaehyun. 

 

Doyoung escaped from the grip and gathered all his textbooks. He eyed the boy suspiciously. "Not even a word thank you for me, baby? I saved you from falling." Jaehyun teasingly said as he smirked.

 

He rolled his eyes. "How can I thank you when you purposely tripped me?!" 

 

The boy chuckled at what the older said. "Purposely tripped? I have no idea of what you're talking about." He said nonchalantly.

 

"No idea your bastard!" He finally finished picking up all his textbooks and glared at the boy. Jaehyun chuckled again because of how the older acts. "I told you I really have no idea. I'm innocent baby!"

 

He stood up as he slowly walked to Jaehyun's direction. Amused of what's happening, he crossed his fingers, his smirk getting wider. "Whoah there. Slow down! We'll take it slow, baby!"

 

The smirk plastered on Jaehyun's face did not last long.  "Ouch! !" He winced in pain as he tightly held his precious buddy down there.

 

Doyoung held his stomach close to bursting out from laughter while running away. "Sorry to burst your bubble jerk. Oh yes, we'll take it slow until your buddy down there is no more!" 

 

 

After minutes of laughing over what happened, the older finally calmed down. He arrived to the locker area but stopped on his tracks when he saw his friends, Taeyong and Ten making out.

 

His face immediately cringed because of the scenario happening in front of his locker. Yes. They're doing it in front of his locker. "Gross." He mumbled to himself.

 

He looked at the reaction of other students who are also witnessing such an inappropriate scene. Some looked amused while some of them are embarrassed because they’re seeing it with their very own eyes.

 

"Doyoung hyung!" He felt a hand on his shoulder and he's sure that it's Mark. "Wha-" The boy wasn't able to finish his sentence when he saw the making out session.

 

"Hey guys.. Ohmygod." Taeil stopped on his tracks too and he quickly covered Mark's eyes. Poor boy. He has to witness those inappropriate things at such an early age.

 

Taeil sighed and shook his head. "Looks like their at it again." He pulled Doyoung, still covering the Marknae's eyes, heading to where Taeyong and Ten are doing their session.

 

Doyoung coughed to get the lovebirds attention because he can't stand seeing it any longer. "Hello we're here too." He said sarcastically to bring the two back to Earth.

 

Taeyong and Ten frozed when they heard Doyoung's voice and they immediately break from their hot steamy session. Embarrassed of what happened, the two blushed. "H-Hey Doyoung hyung." Ten said while chuckling awkwardly, hands on the back of his neck. Trying to hide his embarrassment.

 

"H-Hehehe hello guys. We we're just uhm.. you know uh.." Taeyong can't speak and look into Doyoung's eyes properly because of what happened.

 

Doyoung scoffed. "Making out in the public? And most of all, in front of my locker? Great."

 

"Uh is it safe now?" Mark said and Taeil immediately remove his hands from the younger's eyes. He sighed in relief when he saw that it’s clear. "Goodness hyung. Why don't you two just get a room for yourselves? Hello there's an innocent kid here." He said as a matter of fact and pointed himself.

 

Taeil nodded his head in agreement as he looked at the two lovebirds who are currently speechless, still blushing from the embarrassment. 

 

Doyoung just shook his head and scanned his pocket for the keys. Once he found it, he shoved it into the key hole and it opened.

 

The moment he looked inside his locker, he found the familiar envelope, probably for today's, again. A blush crept into his face. "Is there any problem, hyung?" Mark asked because he noticed that his hyung isn't moving and he also took a look of what's inside the boy's locker. He grinned. "How stupid of me to forget it! Of course, you got another letter again from Mr. Secret Admirer!"

 

"Correction. Love letter." Taeyong said.

 

Doyoung ignored what his friends are saying and grabbed the smooth pink envelope from his locker. He stared at it, millions of butterflies fluttering inside his stomach.

 

His thoughts are immediately interrupted by Ten who finally regained his composure. "Hyung, we saw your lovey-dovey moment with that sophomore Jung Jaehyun earlier." He teasingly said as he tickled Doyoung's waist.

 

He stared at the boy and suddenly remembered what happened earlier. His faced instantly showed a sour expression. "And so?" 

 

"Is there something going on between the two of you?" Taeyong asked with a hint of curiosity and teasing tone.

 

He rolled his eyes because of what the older said. "Hyung there's-" Doyoung didn't get to finished his sentence because Taeil suddenly shook his shoulder with a surprised look. "What?! You're with that sophomore thug Jung Jaehyun?! Yah! Why didn't you tell us?" 

 

Doyoung rolled his eyes again. Calming the older down. "Hyung look. There's nothing going on between us. He was just messing with-" Again, he didn't get to finished what he is saying because Mark interrupted.

 

"If something's going on between you and that Jaehyun hyung, then what about Mr. Secret Admirer? Is it a goodbye?" Mark asked curiously.

 

He heaved a sigh to calm himself. Getting stressed with them. Again, he tried to explain it. "How many times do I have to tell you that there's nothing going on between us! He's just messing up with me earlier!" 

 

Ten snorts. "Does the messing up with you thingy include holding on the waist tightly like you're engrossed in your own world?" 

 

Doyoung scoffed. "I told you guys, there's nothing going on between me and that jerk!" He shoved his textbooks inside the locker and opened his backpack to keep the love letter of the day before closing his locker. "I'm going!"

 

"Hey Kim Dongyoung! Where are you going?! We're not yet done!"

 

He turned around to face his friends. "I'm going to go find someone who'll remind me why I'm friends with you guys!" 

 

Before he could actually go, he heard Ten's voice saying, "It's because you love us, Doyoung hyung!"

 

The boy chuckled and shook his head. What a squad he got. Sometimes he's wondering, how did he ever last with them?

 

 

When Doyoung arrived home, he instanly plopped himself on the bed. Tired from all the things that happened to this day. Then, he suddenly remembered the letter from his secret admirer.

 

He grabbed his backpack then shoved it away when he found the envelope. He stared at the pink envelope for a while, before tearing it. A smile forming on his lips.

 

As he was removing the letter from the envelope, his heart is beating faster that in any moment, he'll surely end up with a cardiac arrest.

 

Doyoung began to read the letter.

 

Dear Doyoung-ah,

Annyeong baby! How's your day? Did it go well? Hope it did. How about my day? Well, my everyday is always great because of you. Everytime I see you at school, all my problems and worries immediately drifts away. Your smile and voice is enough to complete my day and it gives me the energy to go to class even though I'm too lazy and bored.

 

Okay so, enough with the cheesy lines. Haha!

 

I don't know if you're interested to what I'm going to tell err write but I'll still go for it. You see, yesterday me and my mom went to the mall. I was so bored at that time. Like, what the hell am I going to do at the mall? Shopping? Nah. Definitely not my style. While we're walking around, a common petshop suddenly got my attention. Yes. A freaking pet shop just got my attention. I don't what's gotten into me that I suddenly asked mom that I'll just stroll around and I'll just text her. 

 

Then, I entered the petshop. I carefully scanned the whole place. Seeing animals over here and there. After minutes of looking around, it suddenly got boring. I was about to leave because it ain't fun anymore when something caught my attention.

 

I stopped walking and went back to where I spotted the bunny. Yes. A bunny. As I looked at the bunny, it suddenly reminded me of you. I don't why but his doe eyes and features reminded me of my precious and cute Doyoung-ah. Or maybe I'm just crazy? Crazy in love with you, baby!

 

Is it weird? Even a simple bunny is reminding me of the love of my life. Really weird right? Aigoo. I must be really crazy. I think I should ask my mom to bring me to a psychiatrist or any doctor out there because the love virus that strucked my whole body is getting stronger. Kidding! Haha!

 

You must be getting bored reading my non-sense letter? I'll end it here now baby. Have a great night. Dream of me. Bye baby! I love you! Mwah.

 

xoxo,

your secret admirer 

 

Doyoung smiled widely as he fold the paper and reached to the sidetable to get his ancient pandora box where he puts all the things that he cherished the most. Memories of him receiving a love letter for the first time came flooding his mind. At first, he thought someone's just playing a prank on him but then, he continued receiving them each and every day until he got used to it.

 

He'll never get tired and bored of reading his admirer's letters. Though he haven't seen him nor even caught a glimpse of him sneaking the letter in his locker,  he's so sure that he's damn attracted to the admirer. The way he consistently sends him love letters for almost a year, always asking how's his day, telling stories about what's happening to his life, encouraging him everytime he's down and stressed, and how he says that he loves him makes Doyoung's heart flutter and stomach full of butterflies.

 

He closed his eyes and thought of the thing that he badly wants to happen. As the days, months, and year passed by, his curiosity and eagerness to meet him is getting stronger. "When will I ever meet you, my secret admirer?" He mumbled.

 

 

Another stressful day for Doyoung. He sighed for the nth time. Never ending quizzes, seatsworks, and bunch of homeworks are given to them by the teachers. Their school surely got no chill for every students out there. Hello, they're not robots that can function all day.  Their brain's getting drained too.

 

When the bell rang, Doyoung and Ten immediately grabbed all their things went out of the room. Finally it's lunch break! They walked at a fast pace. Too much excitement invading their minds because they'll be able to escape hell even if it's just for an hour.

 

The two instantly went to the cafeteria to find their usual table and there they saw the 3 idiots waiting for them. Doyoung noticed that they already ordered their foods and that made him even more hungry. They both rushed to the table, especially Ten, extending his arms to hug his boyfriend.

 

"Missed me that much, Tennie?" Taeyong chuckled. Enveloping him into a tight hug as he ruffled the boy's hair.

 

Ten quickly nodded. Not breaking from the hug.

 

Doyoung placed his things on the table and made a sour face at the two. "For pete's sake, you two eggs just seperated 3 hours ago!" He scoffed.

 

"We can't blame them hyung.." Mark said while eating. "3 hours felt like 10 years for them." Taeil said as he took a bite of his tuna sandwich.

 

His face instantly cringed when he looked at the two love birds who are engrossed in their own world. "10 years my . Goodness! They're over reacting!"

 

Ten snorts because of Doyoung's bitterness. "No we're not! This is the effect of love!" Doyoung rolled his eyes over what the other said. "You just don't know how it feels. Oh here comes, Jung Jaehyun! Maybe he can make you feel the effect of love!" He burst out of laughing and pointed over t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter