Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry

The Yule Ball

Soojung's POV

First day at Hogwarts.

I was at kings cross with my parents and older sister. My sister was a fifth year Slytherin. I watched her run straight into the barrier. My parents ushered me to go. I ran through the barrier to platform 9 3/4. Man, was it packed there. I looked around for Sooyeon, my big sister, who I assumed was already on the Hogwarts express. I saw my parents emerge from the brick wall. I ran over to them to hug them.

"Bye. I love you." I said to them.

"Bye sweetie. We'll miss you!" My mom shouted to me as I got on the train with my stuff.

I sat in the nearest empty seat, and looked out the window to my parents and waved goodbye.

They waved back to me, and Sooyeon who was in the train car in front of the one I was in, until I couldn't see them anymore.

I sat back in my seat, opening my trunk to get my robes, and started to put them on.

A girl around my age came over and said "Excuse me, is that seat taken?" She asked politely and pointing to the empty seat next to me.

"No, you can sit here." I said.

She sat down and said "I'm Kang Seulgi."

"Jung Soojung." I replied.

"Are you a first year?" She asked.

I nodded my head.

"I am too." She said.

We just sat there silent for a minute, then she said "What how do you think you'll be in?"

I thought in my head for a moment. Both of my parents were in Slytherin and Sooyeon is too, but we're not evil, just very high tempered. "Probably Slytherin." I said surely.

"I think I'll be in Ravenclaw like the rest of my family."

Me and Seulgi talked for a few more hours, until some prefects came to tell us that we arrived in the Hogsmeade station.