statim finis

You Win.

Jonghyun nibbles on the soft skin of his neck and Kibum rolls his shoulder to get the boy off of him. Jonghyun doesn't seem to get the hint, or maybe he ignores it, as he continues his ministrations on the taller boy. Kibum sighs and turns around in his hold and pushes him away.

"Not now," he murmus and Jonghyun pouts as if he's been denied his favorite candy. Kibum deliberately ignores him when the boy whines and he turns back to the suitcase he's packing. He has jeans and t-shirts and sweaters enough but he's missing something. He's definitely missing something. He just can't pinpoint what. He goes to add another sweater, just to be sure and Jonghyun huffs a 'you don't love me' that is supposed to make Kibum feel guilty for not having with him. Kibum doesn't feel guilty in the slightest though when he passes his boyfriend and enters the bathroom. Kibum spends another 30 minutes packing his suitcase and Jonghyun saunters over to his bed. His attempt at making himself ier on the bed doesn't work and he succumbs to playing on his phone.

When Kibum finally looks up and declares that he's finally done packing, Jonghyun puts his phone away with a smirk. He doesn't get to hint anything before a car honks in front of the house and Kibum picks up both their luggage and leaves his bedroom. Jonghyun follows visible dejected. They say goodbye to Kibum's mother, who wishes them a nice trip and spends another 5 minutes lecturing them on safety. Kibum heaves a deep breath when he finally steps outside, Jonghyun already running towards the car where Taemin is leaning out the window of the passenger seat, urging them hurry up because he isn't going to wait 10 minutes for them to get finished with kissing, something they have yet to do in front of their friends, Kibum scoffs in his mind. Jinki side-eyes him when he grabs Kibum's suitcase to put it in the car.

"How much did you bring? We're only gonna be away for a week," Jinki says and Kibum shrugs.

"Only the most necessary things, of course." Taemin is laughing at something Jonghyun said and when Kibum climbs into the back seat of Jinki's old car, he's squeezed in the middle by his boyfriend and their friend Minho. 'We have the widest shoulders so you sit in the middle', Minho reasons and Kibum can't really deny it yet it still annoys him. The mood in the car is exceptional as they drive off to their first camping trip together as the five of them.

The exceptional mood soon dies down as they continue their way through the country. Minho falls asleep and Jonghyun lets his hand wander on Kibum's thigh. Kibum ignores him in favor of talking to Jinki. Taemin has a small grin on his face as he focuses on the map to guide them the right way. When Jonghyun doesn't get the wanted attention, he retracts his hand again and Kibum smiles somewhat relieved.

Taemin steers them off the main road and guides them onto the smaller roads as they get nearer their camping spot. Taemin has been in charge of choosing it and although Kibum wouldn't on normal circumstances have given such a job to Taemin, he trusts the other has found a spot that is worth camping in.

It turns out that he shouldn't have given Taemin that trust when they pull up a small road and Jinki parks the car where Taemin says. The youngest of them points into the large forest and Minho wakes up with a grunt that has Jonghyun snickering.

"Isn't this where Gonjiam Psychiatric Hospital is located?" Jinki asks and turns his head to better look at the tall trees. Taemin lights up in a wide smile.

"Bingo!" Kibum gets an awfully eerie feeling and prays that Taemin doesn't want them to camp here. But that is exactly Taemin's plan.

"Isn't it technically illegal?" Minho says and Kibum silently thanks the younger boy for saying this. Jonghyun, however, ruins it when he tells them all to stop being such . In his opinion, it'll be fun. Taemin joins in and both Jinki and Minho is convinced in another minute or two. Kibum isn't.

"I'm just going to stay in the car," he says when the rest of them get out but Jonghyun grabs his hand and pulls him along. They want to explore, find the best spot as close to the hospital as possible where they can put up the tent. Kibum already hates this camping trip. He's walking slowly, Jonghyun accompanying him behind the other three. Jonghyun sends him a smile and squeezes his hand.

"I'll protect you, don't worry. Nothing happens. You know, the ghost stories aren't real either. The hospital closed because of sanitary problems." Kibum appreciates his boyfriend's attempt at comforting him, but he still doesn't like it. He doesn't voice his displeasure anymore though.

Jinki and Minho are already about to set up the tent when Jonghyun and Kibum finally catch up with them. Taemin is nowhere in sight. Kibum is just about to ask when the other jumps right in front of him from a tree with a scream. Kibum screams as well, shocked by the sudden appearance of something he hadn't seen coming and Taemin cracks up in laughter. Even Jonghyun can't help his snickers from beside him. Kibum glares at both of them. Minho tells them to stop playing around and help with setting up everything they need. It's slowly getting darker, the sky painted like fire and Kibum nurses a cup of tea that Jinki has generously made for him. Jonghyun is playing around with Minho, something about who is bravest and Taemin has opened a beer he had sneaked with him as well. Jinki has gone to take a piss behind a tree or something like that. Kibum shivers a little when a branch snaps somewhere behind him. Maybe he's just hyper alert to all of the things happening around him because he dislikes horror stories with a passion.

Kibum is a little afraid, he admits it. He doesn't like being here, it gives him a feeling that someone is looking at them. He knows there aren't any CCTV's on the hospital building and that plenty of people visit every year because of the horror stories but the fact that it's still trespassing and that they're supposed to be here for the next 7 days is making him terrified. He's pulled out of his thoughts when Jonghyun screams behind them and Minho's laughter sounds throughout the otherwise silent forest. Taemin joins in on Minho's laughter when he sees them come running back.

They're eating ramyun in the evening, Jinki cooking the noodles to perfection. Jonghyun sits on Kibum's lap and Taemin almost vomits when Jonghyun lets his hand sneak down the waistband of Kibum's jeans. He's only Kibum's hip but it's enough for Taemin to voice his thoughts on it.

"You guys get the small tent." Kibum raises an questioning eyebrow. The large tent seems definitely safer than the small one, even if it's only to protect him from rain. Taemin scrunches up his nose and chews his noodles before he answers Kibum's eyebrow as eloquently as only Taemin can be. "I don't wanna hear you guys all night." Jonghyun's hand seems to react positively to Taemin's words and sneaks even further down Kibum's pants until he swats it away.

"We're not having . I want to sleep in the big tent." Jonghyun deflates and pouts so cutely that even Jinki 'aw's. He retracts his hand from Kibum's pants and eats his ramyun in silence a few minutes.

"Why not?" Minho asks and Kibum rolls his eyes. That's a stupid question and Minho should know it. Kibum's answer, however, only has three of them laughing and Jonghyun staring incredulously at him.

"That's it? You don't wanna me because couples who have dies in horror movies?" Kibum nods. "You are fully aware that this is not a horror movie, right?" Jonghyun asks and waves his hand in front of Kibum as if he's stupid. Yes, Kibum knows but no, they're not having and his reasons are absolutely fine, thank you. Neither of his friends seem to think so though as they keep laughing and even Jonghyun shakes his head fondly with a snicker. Kibum decides he's had enough, stands up (and only grabs Jonghyun's arm to make sure the other doesn't hit the ground hard) before he leaves them and crawls into the big tent. Their bickers help him fall asleep.

Kibum's hatred of the chosen camping-place only turns bigger in the days to follow. Jonghyun still hasn't forgiven him for saying no to , he's even tried convincing Kibum to just let him blow him, but Kibum is stubborn. He doesn't want . People who have dies in the horror movies and Kibum doesn't want to die. It's scary enough to be here as it is, but it doesn't make it any better when Taemin, on their third night, decides that telling horror stories is the best way to spend time. He's cuddling close to Jonghyun in the tall grass with a blanket around his shoulders. The trees are obscurring the night sky and making it even darker, their small bonfire the only thing casting shadows onto their surroundings. Jinki, who is usually level-headed and down to earth, agrees with Taemin's suggestion and from then on, it's a losing battle for Kibum. So he listens to the horror stories. He shivers under his blanket when Taemin finishes a particularly scary one when Jonghyun decides he wants to join in with horror stories about said asylum they're camping right in front of.

"You know how the stories about Gonjiam goes, right? About mysterious deaths," he starts and Kibum shivers and covers himself with the blanket. It has Minho laughing fondly but Jonghyun seems unaffected by it. Maybe he's used to Kibum hiding. Kibum doesn't want to listen but the shadows the fire creates on his blanket is not enough to stop him from listening nor is it enough to stop the tears that start rolling down his cheeks. When Jonghyun removes the blanket, he sends him a sympathetic smile and pecks his lips. "I'm sorry baby, you wanna go to sleep?" Kibum nods silently and the two of them climb into the small tent for the first time. Jonghyun has his arm protectively wrapped around Kibum's middle but then his hands starts to wander under his shirt and Kibum grabs them and places them firmly on his stomach.

"We're not having ," he says and Jonghyun sighs a deep sigh.

On day 4 Jinki has had enough of the that lingers around Jonghyun and he asks Kibum to just have and get it over with. He doesn't want to wait for Jonghyun to snap because he hasn't been able to in a week (which has Kibum scrunching up his nose in disgust, they have gone without for longer than a week before) and Jinki tries to convince Kibum that nothing is going to happen. But Kibum has noticed how the trees sway despite the lack of real wind and he is not going to take the chance.

"You're being ridiculous," Jinki says and Kibum eyes him skeptically.

"Maybe I just don't want to have ," Kibum says and Taemin shouts 'don't lie' from somewhere behind. It's bothering him how they can't respect him and even Jonghyun's touches has become more lingering. He even woke up to Jonghyun sneaking a hand down his pajamas pants one morning. Kibum thinks it's ridiculous how they just can't seem to let him go. He hadn't agreed to be in front of a haunted psychiatric hospital to begin with and he thinks it's only fair that they accept that it scares the out of him. Minho places his hands on Kibum's shoulders from behind and sends him a wide smile.

"Really though, Jonghyun-hyung is getting too , so can't you just ... him off or something?" Kibum winces.

"No, I cannot just him off, he'll have to wait." That has the four of them collectively sigh.

"Just a quick ?" Jonghyun asks pathetically and Kibum shakes Minho's hands off of him.

"Why can't you just wait? It's not like you haven't gone without before. Why do you absolutely need me to you here?" Jonghyun exchanges glances with Taemin while Kibum takes a deep breath. They have something ridiculous planned. Something Kibum should have known but apparently was too dense to figure out.

"Because..." Jonghyun says and trails off and Kibum gets it. He feels anger flare up in him as he stares at his boyfriend.

"Oh for s sake, you're disgusting!" With those words he walks off into the forest and it isn't until he's all alone and the trees are creaking around him and a raven croaks above him that Kibum realizes just how creepy the surroundings of this damned hospital really are. He shivers and takes a step forward when he hears something behind him. It sounds like laughter. Someone is following him, but it's not his friends because the laughter was definitely female. He shrinks a little and takes another step forward when the laughter sounds again. It's a child, a female child. It's distant but it sure as isnt supposed to be there. There's no children around the hospital, there are only them. Kibum closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. Move on Kibum, move on. There's nothing, don't be scared. In the end he takes off, running back the same way he came and he doesn't relax until he's crying against Jonghyun's warm chest, safe in his embrace. The others look at him but Kibum doesn't tell them anything. The laughter has gone as well.

"Let's go home," he says the next evening when Minho is grilling meat over their fireplace. Taemin and Jinki is playing a card game and Jonghyun is drinking a beer. Kibum had been reading inside the small tent when he had heard the sounds of raindrops falling. But it isn't raining. He has his book in his hand, fingers securing the place he had reached as he stands in front of the two of them.

"Still scared, baby?" Jonghyun asks and Kibum hates how genuine it sounds. He doesn't want to be scared, not necessarily. It's just that he can't really help it when there's definitely something off. He nods a little and Jonghyun reaches a hand out for him. At least Jonghyun has started to accept that Kibum doesn't want to have as long as they're here. He saunters into Jonghyun's embrace and the smaller man places his head against Kibum's thorax and hums a soft tune. "Come, sit down and grab a beer. We can talk about leaving early tomorrow morning." Kibum does as Jonghyun says and when Minho announces that the meat is ready, Jinki and Taemin find their way outside as well. They eat and laugh as if nothing is wrong, but Kibum feels someone staring at them and turns around only to get eye contact with two wide black eyes on a small girls face and he screams and falls off his chair.

"Kibum?" Jinki asks and Jonghyun turns around to see what had the other so scared. Kibum is still staring at the same spot but there is nothing. The girl gone and in her place only trees.

"What's wrong?" Minho asks and squats down beside him to help him up. Taemin has gone up to walk a few steps in the direction that Kibum is staring. When he returns, he shrugs.

"There's nothing." Kibum blinks. He's sure, but he must have been dreaming. Maybe his mind is playing tricks on him. Another raven or two croaks above them and Jonghyun reaches down to help Kibum up again. Kibum shakes his head. There is nothing out there. Taemin said so.

Kibum is awakened in the middle of the night by the laughter again. It's loud and clear, as if the person laughing is right beside him but when he chances a quick glance there is nothing. He places his hands over his ears and forces his eyes shut. He doesn't want to hear, he doesn't want to see. He's certain there's something out there, something from the hospital is haunting them and he's the only one that sees. He's the only one that knows. Kibum wants to shake Jonghyun awake but the other is snoring so softly that he can't bring himself to it. The laughter subsides and the only thing that's left of it's appearance is the tears on Kibum's cheeks. Instead Kibum presses himself closer and hopes Jonghyun will keep him safe. Even for a night.

When he wakes up Jonghyun isn't there. Kibum's first instinct is panic, so he does. He searches frantically under the covers and blankets but there's still no Jonghyun. Then he starts crying and he jumps in surprise when someone peeks inside.

"Oh, you're awake," Taemin says and smiles softly. It's almost mocking with the empathy on the younger's face but Kibum doesn't care when Taemin offers to hold the tent door open so Kibum can crawl out. The other three are eating breakfast and talking happily as if nothing has happened and Kibum starts to wonder if he just had a nightmare. If the whole 'haunted asylum' is just getting to him and he's only making up reasons to be scared.

"Hey sweetheart. We discussed the whole going-home-earlier thing and we only have one day left, so don't you think you can handle it?" Jonghyun asks and Kibum shivers in his too-big sweater. Then he nods. Maybe he can. He climbs into Jonghyun's lap and steals his last strawberry and Jonghyun steals a kiss. Taemin gags and Minho whacks him over the head, a motion that makes Kibum oddly satisfied despise it not being him to give the whack. The youngest of them grumbles as he nurses the bump in the back of his head. Jinki stretches and asks them if anyone is willing to enter the hospital with him today. Kibum refuses as the first one to no one's surprise but the rest of them decides to join Jinki. Even Jonghyun begs Kibum to let him go and Kibum unwillingly agrees that he can just read.

Alone in the camp he settles himself under the blanket and starts reading. After an indefinitely amount of time the words start to swim before his eyes but instead of disappearing like they would if he was tired, the letters rearrange themselves into another sentence. Kibum closes his book with lightning speed when he reads it and stares at it with his heart beating frantically in his chest. There's definitely something out there. The steps he hears crushing the dry grass outside has him screaming until he hears the well-known laughter of Jinki.

"Scared you that much?" Taemin says and knocks his fingers on the tent canvas.

" you," Kibum murmurs. When he picks up his book and opens it again, the letters has arranged themselves back into sentences that make sense and Kibum shakes his head lightly. He's too tired for this.

Gwiboon wakes up to the sound of something munching on something else. She gets up and out of the tent before she stretches her arms above her head. Her long eyelashes batters flirty in the sunlight and when she finally gets her vision back she locates the source of the sound. A raven is munching into the chest wound of a young boy. She sends it a smile. Precious little thing was hungry. There's another two bodies on the ground, one which has been butchered beyond recognition, the other which is missing both eyes, nose and lips. It's a little grotesque but Gwiboon likes the sight of it. She steps over the leg of one of the bodies and hears someone sighing deeply from behind.

"Kibum?" they ask and she turns around to stare at another young boy. He has platinum hair and is smaller than the others on the ground. She tilts her head to observe him curiously. "Are you okay?" He takes a step towards her and Gwiboon smiles a little. "I went to take a piss and then I heard Taemin scream and ..." The boy starts crying. His tears are ugly. Gwiboon squints at him when he reaches out towards her and she takes a step back. This has the boy looking at her with wide eyes. "Kibum?" he asks again.

"Gwiboon," she says and he blinks. "My name is Gwiboon," she elaborates. Whoever Kibum is, it's not her. The boy takes a step back and finds himself up against a tree. Gwiboon takes a step towards him.

"Who are you?" he asks in a whisper. "What have you done to my boyfriend?" Gwiboon rolls her eyes. Didn't she just introduce herself. She lifts a hand and inspects her nails. They need a manicure. She'll get one when she gets back to the city. The boy notices them as well and he gasps in horror. "Is that..?" She looks at them again before she decides that yes, that is blood. She must have scratched herself in her sleep or something. "You..." the boy says again and Gwiboon takes two steps to quickly corner him against the tree.

"Yes," she says before she places a pretty hand around his throat. "Yes."

When Kibum wakes up he's lying on the forest ground. Ten meters away lies 4 bodies, one has a deep whole in the chest, heart ripped out, another has lost eyes, nose and lips, a third is butchered beyond recognition but the fourth, with the platinum blonde hair and the dark eyes and the text written across his chest, is the most recognizable of them all. Then Kibum looks down at himself and screams.