fin

Everything was an accident
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prompt #2: Accident Prone

 

It was early in the morning. Well, 5am.

 

A teenager can be seen jogging out from his house and to the park, circling it.

 

Doyoung was your normal teenager. Too normal, at that. He was boring for everyone else. Everyone else except his friends. Which are only just a handful but he's fine with it.

 

Okay, going back with being too normal, he wakes up on 5am just to jog. Even his friends ask him why he does that everyday. Even on weekdays.

 

So this was just one of those very cold early mornings and when he saw that it was almost 6am, the time he usually goes home to prepare for school, he decided to get a hot coffee from the nearby cafe. He was really freezing though and he thinks it's unhealthy for him to be cold but sweating. But his want for coffee wins it all so he made way to the said cafe.

 

Not until there was this one guy who was drivng crazily on his motorcycle.

 

Doyoung wouldn't care about this guy and his awesome motorcycle.

 

But he does.

 

Because it's going to his way. And if the motorcycle driver doesn't do anything or Doyoung won't move, he'll die. And Doyoung can't move.

 

Suddenly, said motorcycle driver turned right to avoid Doyoung and his body was thrown centimeters away from his motorcycle. And then his leg hit the post making him curse so loudly, Doyoung thought the whole neighborhood heard it.

 

"Are you okay?" Doyoung ran beside the boy and was relieved that he wasn't dead and was even removing his helmet.

 

"Aw. It hurts." The boy said and examined his leg, ignoring Doyoung.

 

Doyoung stared at the boy and guessed that he was on his age. But what was he doing riding on a motorcycle when he's underage? And what was he doing driving around this early in the morning?

 

Doyoung decided to find out.

 

"Hey. Are you okay?" He asked again. This time, the boy noticed him and his eyes widened.

 

"I'm really really sorry about what happened a while ago. I suddenly lost control of my motorcycle so I--" The boy was trying to explain but Doyoung cut him.

 

"It's okay. I wasn't hurt. It's you who we should worry about." Doyoung said and examined the boy's leg, even going so far to touching it. He heard the boy's groan.

 

"Okay. So worse case scenario, I think you just fractured your leg but let's hope you just strained it." Doyoung said, standing up.

 

"Gee, thanks. Completely cheered me up." The boy said, looking angrily at his leg.

 

"Need a boost?" Doyoung said, offering his hand. And the boy happily accepted it, really needing some help on walking.

 

"Oh, man. I can't walk. This is bad." The boy was muttering.

 

"Uh, let's just settle on that cafe right there for a while." Doyoung said and the boy just nodded, clearly depressed that he can't walk.

 

"What do you want?" Doyoung asked the boy when they were finally seated, volunteering to order for them.

 

"It's such a shame if you order for me. I almost killed you." The boy said, laughing with no humor.

 

"Dude, don't worry about it. At least, I'm not dead. Now order up." Doyoung joked and this made the boy chuckle, which made him happy for himself.

 

"Well, if you insist. I'll just get an americano." The boy said.

 

"Okay, be right back."

 

Doyoung went to he cashier and ordered his favorite drink, caramel coffee, with the stranger's drink americano.

 

Doyoung just realized that he doesn't know the name of the boy. He plans to find out about that one too.

 

Jaehyun was talking with someone to his phone when Doyoung arrived with both their drinks.

 

"You think? Well, anyway, I gotta go. See you later." The boy dropped the call, putting his phone on his pocket.

 

"If you don't mind me nosing, who was that?" Doyoung said, handing the americano to the boy.

 

"My mom. She asked me why I'm not home yet." Jaehyun said, inahaling the smell of the americano.

 

"Oh? Why were you driving this early in the morning, though?" Doyoung decided to start shooting questions while they're both casually drinking.

 

"Well, I have the night shift on my part time job and it just ended like an hour ago. I was on my way home." Jaehyun said after taking a sip.

 

"Oh, that explains it."

 

Wow, he has a part time job. Doyoung thought then noticed the dark circles under the boy's eyes.

 

"So you're probably a fourth year like me?" Doyoung asked and the boy laughed.

 

"Nope. Still on third year."

 

"Do you go to SM University?" The boy raised his eyebrows.

 

"Yep. How'd you figure that out?"

 

"I'm guessing you live in this neighborhood and SM University is the nearest school from here."

 

"Well, you were right. Our house is like 2 blocks from here." Doyoung was surprised to hear what the younger has said.

 

There's a possibility that he always passed by the boy's house and he doesn't even know it.

 

Now, the name.

 

"What's your name?" Doyoung finally asked, emptying his cup.

 

"The name's Jaehyun." The boy--Jaehyun, finally with a nam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter