End

Hapiness

All's I wanted was happiness. And I had it for a while. You came into my life like a flame, illuminating everything in my small, dark world.


    I met you at the small cafe just down the street from where I live now. It was homely back then, owned by one of my closest friends. You were new in town, not yet started school, and roaming around. I remember what you ordered that day I first saw you, as it became my drink of choice after, a chai tea with a hint of vanilla. Your hair was its normal light brown shade at the time; your cheeks still had baby fat which I will always adore; your smile- oh your smile- was so bright, and the way your eyes became half moons could make my heart beat ten times faster. It’s the first time I’d ever felt that feeling.


    You sat alone at a table not far from mine and it took me a few minutes to pluck up the courage to walk over and introduce myself.


    "Hi," I had said casually. You glanced up, shyly smiling back while playing with the straw of your drink.


    "H-hi..." you stuttered.


    "You're new here." I had mentally rolled my eyes at myself at the obviousness. "So I thought I'd introduce myself."


    You smiled mischievously, leaning closer a bit. "Well, I have yet to hear your name." You blinked those dark eyes innocently, giggling. At the time, I didn't question the switch in behavior.


    "Yoongi. Min Yoongi." I answered. My cheeks had felt hot and my cheeks hurt from smiling.


    "Park Jimin."


    It went on like that for a while. We met up every few days at the cafe, talking about life and what we wanted to be. You wanted to be a famous singer. I wanted to be a music producer. We were perfect for each other.


    The day you let me hear you sing was the day I took the big leap. You sang a beautiful love song, your high notes amazing me. Your voice was like an angels. I was so deep into the song that I didn't notice myself getting up from my seat and leaning close to you until your voice was cut off sharply by my lips.


    I pulled back slowly, savoring the taste of vanilla. You blinked up at me before smiling that wide smile of yours.


    "Do you... do you want to go out with me, Yoongi hyung?"


    We started off amazing. Dates every week, love notes to each other, chocolates and flowers on Valentine's day. I honestly don't know where it went wrong. Maybe it was the fact that I got a little too clingy. Maybe it was the fact that our relationship was getting dull. We did everything we could do; amusement parks, movies, and even recording songs together. But I never touched an inch of you you didn’t want me to.


    The fights started a year into it. You came home late one night, tired and smelling of alcohol. I asked where you were, only to be yelled at. I didn’t know what I did wrong so I had yelled back. You complained about me being too close to you, not giving you any privacy. You said something about how 'he felt better than you did' under your breathe and I lost it.  


    It’s the first time I hit someone. But you were stronger. When you registered that I slapped you, your face slowly turning back to me, eyes dark and emotionless, you attacked.


    I stayed in the hospital for about a week with a broken arm and bruised face.


    "He fell down the stairs," I heard you mumble to the doctor.


    I should've left then and there. Of course love makes you do stupid things. I stayed, of course. Things progressively got worse and worse. The fights, both verbally and physically, ending up in almost blood baths. Until the day you brought him home. You thought I was asleep but I saw you walking in from the car with him, holding his hand and kissing his lips. You were laughing flirtatiously with him too.


    I confronted you while you stood there still hand in hand with that . You smiled that smile I fell for, tilting your head cutely to the side.


    "What are you talking about, hyung?"


    "Him!" I yelled, pointing to the boy next to you.


    "Hyung, there's no one here, what are you talking about?"


    "Don't you ing lie to me. You're holding his hand!"


    You looked confused, glancing at the boy beside you, frowning. You looked all around yourself then turned back to me. "Hyung, there's no one here. You're having another episode."


    "The I am," I muttered before grabbing your orange hair. I tried pushing the other boy away but my hand just went through him. I stared at the now empty space before a sharp sting in my neck snapped me out of my revere. I looked back at you with wide eyes. You held a syringe in your hand, backing away slowly.


    "I'm sorry, Yoongi-ssi," you whispered,  tears streaming out of your eyes. I screamed, grabbing you and pushed you against the wall, taking the needle from you.


    The blood would be cleaned up later when the police found us a few hours later. The paramedics took you away first before the police took me, wrapping my wrists in cold metal.


    "We found the missing patient," the cop said into his walkie-talkie. "We're taking him back to the hospital but he needs to be put under major lock down."


    "Tell me the situation," a voice answered.


    "Apparently he's been stalking a boy named Park Jimin for a about a year. He thought they were in a relationship. They had a confrontation."


    All I wanted was happiness. Happiness from the one called Park Jimin. And I had it for a while. I replayed memories of our time together. Seeing and talking to him, watching him from afar and breaking into his house. His blood is on my hands. At least he won’t cheat on me anymore.

 

 


From the back seat I laughed.

 

And laughed.

 

And laughed.