Prologue

By Your Side

The gentle blow of the December morning breeze had him shivering as he stepped out of the heat of his home with his dog trailing right behind him. “Ready to go on a trip with dad?” said dog barked in response, his tail wagging. The man smiled and the dog’s head. “Well then,” he looked at his hand, several envelopes at hand. “Shall we go on an adventure?”

 

He ran.

 

Feeling the cold wind blow against his face, warm and cold clashing on his skin leaving a prickly feel. Footsteps right behind him could be heard, informing him that his four-legged best friend was still following him.

 

It was exhilarating. Having been unable to do this kind of thing for the longest time had been difficult. He was a rather active person, and with his energy being sapped out of him even just by staying still, he felt so betrayed by his body.

 

But feeling the wind as his legs carried him as far as he could, it was very exciting. The feeling felt new and familiar at the same time, and the reason was so clear. But now, with everything finally solved and over with, he breathed in the cold air, feeling his nose go cold. It didn’t matter. He wanted to feel everything.

 

In a matter of minutes, a building had come into view. Postal Service being what screamed at the passers by. He and his dog had come at a full stop as they reached the front of the building. He looked at envelopes in his hand. Gripping it all in his hand, he breathed once again and turned to his dog with a faint smile. “You stay here, okay buddy?” he started. “I’m going to be giving some letters to mom, alright?” As if understanding, the dog barked a reply. “Good boy.” the man replied and patted his friend on the head. “Well, I’m going in.” Another bark.

 

He pushed the door open, envelopes gripped and walked over to the front person.

 

“Good morning!” the person on the other side of the counter greeted him cheerfully. “How may I help you today?” he smiled. “I have a few letters to send to Kim Jaejoong in Seoul.”

 

 

 

 

A.N.: Greetings lovelies! The first chapter for the sequel is finally up! I was rather content writing this. Despite it being very short, for some reason I found this rather aesthetically pleasing to write. It rather picqued my romantic side but meh...anyways, that's the prologue down, hopefully I post longer stuff in the future. And I hope you guys enjoyed this VERY short chapter ^o^