Just Friends

Sunflower Cafe

 

You chuckled to yourself, amused by the witty remarks on your Tumblr dashboard. You’d taken your laptop to a quiet glade in a municipal park, trying to connect yourself to nature all the while keeping an eye on your online life.

Reblog all the things! You thought to yourself as you encountered a spam of Sungyeol pictures. You were so absorbed in the well-practiced ritual that you didn’t notice a tall figure creep up behind you.

“Hey, how come there are so many pictures of me on your computer?” A familiar choding voice asked.

“W-What?” You jumped, quite startled, and turned around on the wooden bench to see the shining face that was on your computer screen grinning at you. In real life. You’d flip a table, but there weren’t any in table-flipping reach. Plus it might leave a bad impression on your idol, so you settled with crapping castles and flipping out in your head.

“You must be a fan,” he asserted proudly. He beamed.

“What? Pfft! No! What in the world are you talking about?” you replied with mock denial.

You had no idea why you were treating him with such warmth and familiarity like he was a close friend. Maybe it was his friendly aura or choding personality that made you converse so openly.

“Hey! What are you talking about?! I saw myself on your laptop! Don’t deny~ I’ve been looking over your shoulder for the past five min—” Sungyeol had realized he’d said a bit too much and shut up.

You turned red in the face and your eyes widened. “HUH?” Then he would’ve seen me comment on that… “AHH!”

“Wahh! I didn’t say that! You didn’t hear anything!” Sungyeol wailed (Keep in mind that it was a public area and people were beginning to stare, possibly recognizing Sungyeol). He suddenly noticed people peering at the two of you and some teenaged girls starting to gather. He grabbed your hand, you just managing to secure your precious laptop in your grip, and sprinted off before people could mob Sungyeol.

You and Sungyeol ran out of the park and sprinted down a few blocks, you barely keeping up with his long strides. You finally came to a stop in a quiet side street. There was a quaint café, the Sunflower Café, occupied mostly by adults. It was run by a middle-aged woman and her husband.

“Let’s go in there,” Sungyeol suggested.

You could only nod in agreement, all but gasping for breath after running what felt like a mini-marathon.

The two of you entered the café, him ordering an Americano, you ordering an iced caramel macchiato.

“That was fun!” Sungyeol suddenly exclaimed. Several café-goers glanced at him, alarmed. You stared at him, signifying that he should lower his voice. “But there’s one thing,” he said, lowering his voice, “I didn’t quite catch your name.”

You nearly spit out your coffee. You’d entirely forgotten to introduce yourself. “Oh, sorry! I’m ______,” you replied.

Sungyeol smiled. “Ah, _____-ssi~! Let’s be friends, okay? Be mine, okay?” He jokingly recited a line from Infinite’s song. He casually pulled out his cell phone and asked for your number.

You couldn’t help but crack up and accept his offer, exchanging contact information.

 

a/n: sobbing. T~T i saw a grammatical mistake alskdfjsdklfjsdfk

but i fixed it. no worries~ ;u;