Blue or red lamp?

You're the ming to my hao

It’s not like a person can find his match by going to a coffee shop and buying the same thing as the person who he think will match him well, he knew that much, though he still tried to convince himself that if ‘lucky’ (as Mingyu calls him), the one who he will share his apartment with, like his decorations they might be right for each other, maybe not in a romantic way, but at least as friends.

 

‘I’m never an expert on colors’ he thought to himself and tapped his cheeks a few times before picking the red lamp , Mingyu then proceeded to the other section of the store where he will find the things necessary for a desk, there he saw a little prince calendar, He didn’t care if the person likes the little prince or not, but it sure is beautiful to him, he then grabbed one and placed it on his cart, Mingyu grabbed a few more things; like a picture frame, a book end, , and other things for the room, he didn’t really bother looking at the prices for his mom will pay for it all, besides it’s her fault that Mingyu is going to have to share his apartment.

 

As soon as Mingyu finished shopping for the things he need, he went to a random counter, him being third on the line was okay at first, until he got a message from his mother that lucky is going to arrive in 3 hours and Mingyu still needs to tidy the room where he will be staying, Mingyu started panicking, he wasn’t even focused while the cashier is scanning his items, he just replied to his mother to delay lucky. Mingyu didn’t know that lucky have actually arrived to Seoul and was already roaming around, Lucky just wanted to get familiar with the place first (alone like he said) before going to the apartment.

 

When the lady was finished, Mingyu paid her quickly and swiftly grabbed the box, which contained the lamp, and two paper bags where they placed his items; Mingyu quickly ran off the store and headed straight to the bus, he sat near the door and repeatedly looked at his watch, tapping his fingers against the box while biting his lip hard. Just when the bus was about to leave a guy in a pinkish hoodie rushed inside the bus and sat on the first seat he reached, which was opposite to Mingyu’s. Mingyu looked at him from the corner of his eyes, but completely turned his head as soon as he saw a familiar box, exactly the same as the one he got, only the picture of the lamp on that box was red and his box showed blue. ‘I got the blue lamp… right?’ Mingyu lowered his head and held his item tight against him. ‘I got the blue lamp, I’m sure’ he nodded his head firmly and smiled, ‘who cares if it’s a different color it’s the same price anyway, right?’

 

The boy in pink hoodie got off first, relieving Mingyu, what if it’s the guy who bought the blue one and he got it? ‘Whatever, he got his lamp’ Mingyu nodded again and leaned back. Mingyu started planning on how he would decorate the room and frequently nodded his head; he then got up quickly as soon as he reached his destination and went straight to his apartment

 

----

 

Mingyu got his things out only to find out that it really weren’t his things ‘oh no’ he thought to himself, there was a lot more than what he had bought, the calendar was not there, though there was a planner and a small cork board, Mingyu messed up his hair and groaned, he can’t go back to the shop, it’s too far away and lucky is going to arrive soon; he then looked through the other items and found out that it’s almost the exact same things; the book end, the picture frame and a few more decorative items like the pororo hand sanitizer dispenser, the glow in the dark stickers and beside from that he even found some toy cars (that’s obviously not for playing), and a Korean dictionary; Mingyu got curious but shrugged it off as soon as he noticed that he only have an hour and a half left to arrange the room.