Final

I Fell In Love With My Best Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina and Sana have been best friends since they were 3. They had been in the same school together since kindergarten and now they are 2nd year students in the same university. Like normal best friends, they did everything together, be it having lunch together at school or going home together. Sometimes they were even lucky enough to be classmates for the academic year. One could say that Mina and Sana were joined at the hip.

Even as they grew older, their habit of hanging out at a playground near their home after school never changed. They would play around and eventually sit on the set of swings and talk about everything under the sun till late evening before calling it a day and returning home. Of course back when they were kids, they had their parents to accompany them but nowadays it seemed a little “uncool” to be hanging out with your parents after school.

But there’s a saying, “Sometimes a heart cannot afford to be ‘just friends’.”

Sana realized the little things that had changed ever since the pair had joined college. Sana would find herself taking the extra measure to look and smell good before meeting up with Mina. She would constantly fix herself when they are together just so she would always look her best. She was constantly nervous around Mina, as though the girl next to her was a ticking bomb that could explode any time. Her heart would race and her cheeks would heat up whenever Mina initiated physical contact.

Sana also realized the little details about Mina that she never seem to notice when they were younger. For instance, Mina’s sharp jawline (that Sana swore could kill someone), how her eyes would crinkle a little at the corners when she shows off her gummy smile, how her abs are becoming more defined (and that cute mole on the side of her stomach huehuehue), and the list could go on.

It took Sana a little longer than expected but she finally figured out the reason behind all these ridiculous changes. Sana was head over heels for her best friend, the same best friend who is now the most popular girl in campus (not that Sana wasn’t popular herself but heck, that’s for another story).

 “So, why did you reject him?” The curious blonde asked while walking side by side with her best friend.

“Well, he’s not my type.”

“You say that all the time!” Sana huffed, causing Mina to turn her head to the side. She had one of her perfect eyebrows raised.

“I just don’t like him. Besides, I like someone else.” Mina had muttered the last part.

Sana stopped in her track and grabbed Mina’s arm. “Who? Tell me!”

“I can’t tell you”

“But we’re best friends!” Sana pouted, “Tell Me, Tell Me, T-T-T-T-T-Tell Me” Sana sang to the tune of Wonder Girls’ Tell Me while dancing cutely in front of Mina. The group of students who had been following them quickly got their phones out to record the rare sight of their princess singing. Mina could only hold in her laughter. A part of her was dying from embarrassment yet she didn’t want her best friend to stop.

“Why are you so desperate to know?”

“Well because, ” Sana gave it a thought. She couldn’t possibly confess in the middle of the crowd, right? That’s unromantic. Besides, she already has a dream confession in mind.

“Because?”

“Just because.” Sana said with a wide grin on her face.

Mina could only just roll her eyes playfully. “Right. Anyway, can I stay over at your house tonight?”

“S-sure” Sana had no idea why was her face heating up. It wasn’t the first time that Mina was staying over. Not wanting Mina to know that she’s blushing, Sana quickly bit her lower lip.

“But let’s go to the swings first? I’m pretty sure there’s a lot we have to tell each other.”

“Yeah sure.” Sana nodded and she couldn’t help the wide grin on her face when Mina grabbed her hand and held it tightly.

As they reached the swings, they each took a seat and started swaying the swing back and forth. Sana then decided to start the conversation.

“So you want to tell me who you like?”

“Why are you so curious, Minatozaki Sana?”

“That’s because I’m your best friend! You’ve got to tell me!”

“Well, just someone. B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter