Final

Arm Around You

If there was one thing Wooshin loved about Jinhoo, it was his arms.

 

He had extremely nice arms.

 

Don’t get Wooshin wrong, he had fairly decent arms too. Strong forearms that go well with his lean body, not too bulky but still enough to lift a lot of things.

 

Nothing compared to Jinhoo’s, of course.

 

Jinhoo’s biceps are thick, corded with muscle, and Wooshin thinks they could so very easily break him. He doesn’t mind the thought that much.

 

He wouldn’t mind being broken by Jinhoo.

 

Jinhoo doesn’t wear tank tops enough. Wooshin thinks he should.

 

“You should wear more tank tops,” Wooshin says one day when they’re not quite in a hurry but they’re very close. Kuhn is yelling at the maknae line and Wooshin’s gone to the eldest member’s room to get his jacket. It’s just where he left it, thrown over the back of a chair.

 

“Why?” Jinhoo says back, finishing tying his right shoe. He reaches for the left, looking up in time to see Wooshin shrug.

 

“Why not? If I had arms like those I’d want to show them off.”

 

“Arms like these?” Jinhoo grins, pushing back his sleeve and flexing. “Yeah, they’re nice.”

 

Wooshin rolls his eyes and leaves, Jinhoo’s laugh following him out the door.

 

The next day, Woohshin forgets his jacket when they go out. He must’ve left it in Jinhoo’s room again. It’s cold.

 

Jinhoo shrugs off his sweater, draping it around Wooshin’s shoulders. He’s wearing a gray tank top underneath. It makes Wooshin’s knees weak.

 

“Aren’t you cold?” Wooshin asks, pulling his arms through the sleeves. It’s too big and falls over his hands. The sweater hangs on his lanky body but it’s warm and smells like Jinhoo so Wooshin thinks he can stand it.

 

Jinhoo tilts his head. “Why would I be cold? It makes you warm; isn’t that enough?”


They’re not only strong and nice to look at but they also make Wooshin feel safe. Maybe that’s what he fell in love with first. Not the arms but the feelings.

 

He sleeps with Jinhooo but twice a week. Any more than that and he’d feel suffocated; any less and he’d feel empty.

 

There’s relaxation found in Jinhoo’s arms, relaxation Wooshin can’t find anywhere else. It’s where he doesn’t feel like he has to be the visual Wooshin, the star Wooshin. He can just be Wooshin, who likes to sing to BTS when no one’s looking and takes extra hot showers because he doesn’t like the cold.

 

Jinhoo knows that better than anyone, always bundling Wooshin up whenever he does decide to come into Jinhoo’s bed.

 

The blankets are warm but Jinhoo’s warmer.

 

“You’re shaking,” Jinhoo says one night,when it’s late and the clock blinks red monotonously by the bed.

 

“Really,” Wooshin says back because he doesn’t think he was since it’s not that cold. Jinhoo’s voice shakes him more than the weather ever could, or maybe it’s because his heart is unsteady.

 

“You’re cold?” Jinhoo tangles their legs together, forcing himself through the cracks in Wooshin’s bones even more. Slotting their fingers together, he pulls Wooshin close. Wooshin lays his head on the junction of Jinhoo’s neck and shoulder.

 

“How can I be cold when you’re next to me?”


Wooshin’s not much for skinship; only when he sets the boundaries.  He has no problem with draping himself over someone else but if the same is done to him, he shuts down. Having people that close with no control makes him uneasy.

 

It’s not the case with Jinhoo

 

There’s something different with him. Jinhoo craves touch; Wooshin craves Jinhoo. It’s simple really.

 

Arm thrown around his shoulders? Wooshin can feel Jinhoo’s muscles bunching and pulling when he touches Wooshin and instead of feeling confined, he feels liberated.

 

Holding hands? It could be the most inconvenient of times, like during vocal practice or a five minute break from dancing, but Wooshin thinks of it as perfectly reasonable. The veins on Jinhoo’s arms stand out when they link fingers and Wooshin wonders what’s tattooed inside of them.

 

“I’ll tell you sometime,” Jinhoo promises one day when Wooshin had inquired. They’re lying on the couch, the rest of the group bustling around them, Wooshin tracing the veins on Jinhoo’s arms.

 

People always say veins are like rivers, Wooshin muses. But they’re not. Nothing is like anything else and that’s why everything’s so incredible.

 

It’s incredible that yes, Jinhoo tells him, but not with words. Jinhoo likes talking but when it comes to Wooshin, he uses everything but words.

 

Most of the time it’s with a mere look, or a touch. Jinhoo knows that today Wooshin is especially tired because of the way he blinks at him during practice and how his gaze seems farther away than usual.

 

Wooshin knows that the stress of being the leader is getting to Jinhoo because his smile is not as wide and his grip is just the smallest bit tighter, like he’s afraid Wooshin will leave at any moment.

 

It took time to get this close, for them to know each other enough to turn one inside out with just a lance. But maybe it’s better that way.


I blame that time before debut when Teen Top said to point out their best features and WooHoo decided to kill me with their arms.